"Scene" twats.

barefoot

Plus the owner invariably vapes, has a wanker beard and some ill advised body 'art'. Leave 'em to it though. It's a passing phase.

You are forgetting a padded baseball hat and some of those hoops they fit to their earlobes that make them appear as a fairly well known character from the Noddy trilogy of books.

I did sort of include mutilated earlobes in 'body art' but but yeah, they're pretty twattish. 

I have those. I also wear rigger boots to work and drive a Pajero.

Should I leave immediately?

This thread leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth.

Live and let live. Wasting time on the internet moaning about other people's hobbies will not get anybody anywhere.

Im sure in another part of the internet there are people wondering why anybody would bother with a shagged out, beat up, base model Sierra.

Speaking of boots a site agent once referred to a particular type of boot as 'Pikey Boots' at which point one of the labourers who was wearing a pair of said boots stood up and announced I'm living in a caravan and I find that offensive, the bloke literally went pale and back pedalled that fast he could have passed Chris Broadman

I have those. I also wear rigger boots to work and drive a Pajero.

Should I leave immediately?

This thread leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth.

Live and let live. Wasting time on the internet moaning about other people's hobbies will not get anybody anywhere.

Im sure in another part of the internet there are people wondering why anybody would bother with a shagged out, beat up, base model Sierra.

It doesn't bother me at all - I just think it looks daft. I did write ' Leave 'em to it though. It's a passing phase.'

:-D

Photo of the Riggers or it didn't happen.

Not many trades now wear riggers, there a bit shit really. A bit of metal can easy jump down the sides and into your socks... ouch!!!

I've worn boots my whole life, even at school. 

When I left I was a farmer for three years and waterproof riggers were the boot of choice. Ive worn them ever since.

I'm a bricklayer now and still wear them, although not the orange £20 ones off the market, i spend all day in them so I have Dr Martens. Composite toe instead of steel so not as cold in winter and still pass the same safety standards.

If welding, it is best to wear something more tight fitting for sure.

Guest bangerfan101

I wear rigger boots at work on building sites. And have a Sunday best for watching racing

Riggers were originally made for steel workers, so they could be easily kicked off if a hot spark went down your sock.

I wear rigger boots at work on building sites. And have a Sunday best for watching racing

Riggers were originally made for steel workers, so they could be easily kicked off if a hot spark went down your sock.

It's the propensity for shit falling in them that have resulted in their fall in popularity. I can't stand them, they slob like fuck and are roasting in the summer.

I used to wear those fleecy lined rigger boots. Nice and snug for about 3 days then the lining goes flat and they flap about for the next 8 or 9 months. I still keep my final pair at my folks house and they come in handy if I'm helping my mum with her allotment :D

I don't know if it's because I have stretched ears and have lowered one or two Volkswagens in the past, but I can't really see the point of the finger pointing and calling people twats for what they're in to. To non car people we are all the same, and any of us that have visited shows or meets, or interacted with one another on the basis of shared interests are in some way part of 'the scene' whether we like it or not.

I don't know if it's because I have stretched ears and have lowered one or two Volkswagens in the past, but I can't really see the point of the finger pointing and calling people twats for what they're in to. To non car people we are all the same, and any of us that have visited shows or meets, or interacted with one another on the basis of shared interests are in some way part of 'the scene' whether we like it or not.

It's not the personal appendages bit - it's where decent old cars are ruined. With BMW's it's skidding drift twats who are ruining a scary number of decent cars.