Help for Heroes MGF

Barry Cade

I'd happily give it the detail of its life if it ends up in bucks:

Good wash, decontaminate, clay, polish, glaze and wax, tyres dressed, palstics cleaned and dressed, cheal and re-seal the soft top and shampoo the interior.

And I'd put some decent part worns on and give it an MOT if it was due it in my care.

Needs to work its way to bucks though, or Peterborough or Northampton

This is brilliant folks- my sister is absolutely stoked by the response and we know Jimmy would have been like a dog with 2 tails. The car will be nothing to do with me after it goes to the next guardian, but by the responses posted here I know the sentiment behind it has been understood 110%. The more money it raises the better, so the ideas coming out are brilliant.

Bob, it'll be ready to go whenever you give the nod after Monday, and that is a very generous offer.

Thanks guys. Seriously. Thanks..

Fantastic!

If peeps do think a website bloggy type thing to tell the MGF's story as it goes round the UK is a good plan, I'd like to make a start soon, so that its owners will be able to add updates right from the time MGF SHITER NO. 1 picks it up.

So some feedback on whether people think that's a good idea or a total waste of time would be appreciated. Cheers

This is brilliant folks- my sister is absolutely stoked by the response and we know Jimmy would have been like a dog with 2 tails. The car will be nothing to do with me after it goes to the next guardian, but by the responses posted here I know the sentiment behind it has been understood 110%. The more money it raises the better, so the ideas coming out are brilliant.

Bob, it'll be ready to go whenever you give the nod after Monday, and that is a very generous offer.

Thanks guys. Seriously. Thanks..

Will be making my donation in the morning Tiff.

I will post the proof of this on here (once I have figured out how to do it)

:-)

Brilliant,

I've PM'd you back BobtheBeard-

Sorry for not replying sooner- literally just in from recovering a Rover 45 to Wick from Edinburgh. Another fine K series bites the dust due to owner neglect- a cheapo pound shop hose clip let go and the owner drove it until it stopped. Another statistic for the OMGHGF allkseriezareshit pub experts. It had done 170,000 miles.....

Today was Jimmy's funeral, where there was a collection for Help For Heroes. The total raised was nearly £300, which was made up to the round hundred.

"Dear RosemaryThank you for your kind donation to Help for Heroes on behalf of Help for Heroes.  The details of your donation are:Donation Amount:  £300.00Donation Reference: 21-8-2325567AuthCode:  AUTH CODE:022886Thank you very much for your support!>From the Help for Heroes Team"

• 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...

I've been wondering for a while what has happened to this. I did some forum searching and after BtB it went to Pillock and then May 2015 it moved on to @forddeliveryboy. The last mention of it I can find is from Feb 2016 when FDB stated that it was stored in his garage for winter. I'm not sure why he didn't just move it on again as per the original remit rather than putting it away.

Does anyone know if this has moved on since, and if so where has it visited and who has it now? Tiff donated this car to be moved between shiters frequently therefore raising more money for Help For Heroes. I hope this has been happening and we just haven't heard about it.