Garage of delights

Benjyp10

Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

I'm interested to see what you might do to that rear slatty section on the tailgate, apart from the body coloured ones I've never ever seen one of these plastic grey ones not go all powdery and fluffy on the surface. But even so, that looks tip top, mighty impressive.

Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

I'm interested to see what you might do to that rear slatty section on the tailgate, apart from the body coloured ones I've never ever seen one of these plastic grey ones not go all powdery and fluffy on the surface. But even so, that looks tip top, mighty impressive.

Plasticare....

On the basic 309 they actually went to the trouble and expense of producing a dash moulding without a space for the digital clock.

Well I say expense, I think the plastics came from the reject pile at airfix.

The steering wheel always reminded me of the charred metal ring that's left when a car gets burnt out.

wonderful!

Had a good look at the 309 today. I small scab on the whole car. Has original bill of sale, all MOTs, dealer plates and key fobs, dealer mats and all its manuals....bonus. She's heading inside for a recommission next week and then a cavity wax. She'll be laying low till the spring!!post-12144-0-90803100-1415817694_thumb.jpgpost-12144-0-00968100-1415817711_thumb.jpgpost-12144-0-37461700-1415817728_thumb.jpgpost-12144-0-07861600-1415817745_thumb.jpgpost-12144-0-88390100-1415817764_thumb.jpgpost-12144-0-70885400-1415817779_thumb.jpg

Supplied new by Tom Garner Motors, Knott Mill, Chester Road, Manchester. The largest Peugeot Talbot dealer in the North. My every day Alpine was supplied new by them in 86. As they were owned by Robins & Day (Peugeot Talbot's own retail division) good discounts were available especially on end of line Talbots.

Supplied new by Tom Garner Motors, Knott Mill, Chester Road, Manchester. The largest Peugeot Talbot dealer in the North. My every day Alpine was supplied new by them in 86. As they were owned by Robins & Day (Peugeot Talbot's own retail division) good discounts were available especially on end of line Talbots.

Ah... that makes total sense. I thought I recalled that they pre-registered a lot of the end of line Talbots in Coventry and shipped them out to dealers later. I wonder if the build date is months before the date it was sold 'new' ?