NEWS: Cheeky Girls in '70s Chrysler backlash

boobydoo

My Dad drove an identical one until the early 90's. It would have been assembled in Ireland and should have a plate on slam panel with something like "Assembled in Ireland using parts from Chrysler UK"

Was the original owner G. Talbot? If so I almost bought it in 2012 just before my GLS appeared.

Yes. It has a silver sticker saying almost exactly that.

Mr G Talbot was indeed the first owner. I didn't buy from him...the car was put into storage in 2004 and bought and re-commissioned last year by the seller I purchased from. Mr T was quite an eccentric by all accounts? 

I had a Hunter GLS years ago , a 75N in pale blue metallic. Unfortunately I can't remember the reg number but it was in good nick so is hopefully still with us.

'March 1982: New rear parcel shelf

July 1982: New pedal rubbers 

Oct 1982: New headlights

Dec1982: New front wings

Feb 1982: Paint front wings

April 1983: New windscreen moulding

July 1983: Replacement under warranty of all 5 wheels by Talbot Motor Co.

Sept 1983:Repair seat trim

Oct 1983: New door chrome strip

Nov 1983: Repair rear wing corrosion'

All within its first five years. Proof, if any were needed, that all new carz r shit m8. Even old cars, when they weren't old. 

Mr. Talbot was quite the character. :smile:

I do remember he traveled to the factory in Ireland before the bought the car!

And he still bought one?

I have the original sales invoice in my grubby mitts as we speak. Looks like he ordered the car on 18 Nov 1978 with a £100 deposit from Castle Autos Chrysler Main Agent in Benfleet, Essex, but didn't collect it til 1st April 1979. He part exchanged a 1976 Hunter Super LEV341P for £1700 against a price of £3458.18 for the new one.

He obviously asked for the car to Ziebarted at the garage before collection, as this was done according to the guarantee on 21 Feb 79. He also had three Ziebart maintenance checks done in 1981, 1983 and 1985 at their centre in Westcliffe. Seems a bit odd then that he was having to replace so many panels in the early years (see earlier).

Looks like he ordered the same colour as the brochure model.

4427848938_65a0b45968.jpg

Bet the colour choice was piss poor. Red white or blue probably.

• 2 years later...

why the fcuk would you want to know how that absolutely abysmal stinking pile of under engineered shit is doing now. you would have just bought a cortina ffs

If everyone just wanted Fords then this forum would not exist. Family sentiment is why I presume the poster is asking for them.

And he still bought one?

I have the original sales invoice in my grubby mitts as we speak. Looks like he ordered the car on 18 Nov 1978 with a £100 deposit from Castle Autos Chrysler Main Agent in Benfleet, Essex, but didn't collect it til 1st April 1979. He part exchanged a 1976 Hunter Super LEV341P for £1700 against a price of £3458.18 for the new one.

He obviously asked for the car to Ziebarted at the garage before collection, as this was done according to the guarantee on 21 Feb 79. He also had three Ziebart maintenance checks done in 1981, 1983 and 1985 at their centre in Westcliffe. Seems a bit odd then that he was having to replace so many panels in the early years (see earlier).

Looks like he ordered the same colour as the brochure model.

4427848938_65a0b45968.jpg

Bet the colour choice was piss poor. Red white or blue probably.

they must have run out of manure

why the fcuk would you want to know how that absolutely abysmal stinking pile of under engineered shit is doing now. you would have just bought a cortina ffs

I think you will get on much better on here if you are creative and witty in your slagging off rather than just abusive.

midnite, on 21 Jan 2016 - 9:32 PM, said:

ere i love old british tin, but fcukin getting sentimental cos your labour voting thick as a corn beef sandwich grandad bought steaming turds like this in the 70s is a bit much, especially thrown together shite driving heaps like this.

I don't think you've actually grasped the concept of Autoshite, have you? I wouldn't have thought it was overly difficult, because the clue is in the title.

Dear sir,

Kindly fuck off and don't come back until you have a civil tongue in your head. Everyone on here like different things from different eras and do no go off on one slagging off someone else's choice of car.

Cheers!

Except Audis.

And Golfs.

And Vauxhalls. But fair enough on the Vauxhalls, because everyone knows that they're all shit.

'March 1982: New rear parcel shelf

July 1982: New pedal rubbers 

Oct 1982: New headlights

Dec1982: New front wings

Feb 1982: Paint front wings

April 1983: New windscreen moulding

July 1983: Replacement under warranty of all 5 wheels by Talbot Motor Co.

Sept 1983:Repair seat trim

Oct 1983: New door chrome strip

Nov 1983: Repair rear wing corrosion'

All within its first five years. Proof, if any were needed, that all new carz r shit m8. Even old cars, when they weren't old. 

ere is getting towards proof n all, should have bought a maxi instead