This is Scotland.1986

fotorabia

..thats cool...similar to the old slides idea i recovered in New Zealand..just for the benefit of new members..repoooost!...1958 Teretonga Grand Prix Series..

teretonga-128.jpg

The Driver -Bandini...killed at Monaco...

sendteretonga122.jpg

Cooper Climax's of Bruce Mclaren-Denny Hulme and Jack Brabham..

sendteretonga126.jpg

sendteretonga127.jpg

And Archie Scott Brown with the Lister Jaguar..this is probably the last surviving image before its UK return scrappage scheme..notice UK and NZ regos..

sendteretonga123.jpg

sendteretonga125.jpg

And your modern film efforts are cool Watanabe..i like the way theyve come out...

Forgot these ones!

Edin014b_zps342da4e5.jpg

Edin014a_zps2695b96d.jpg

Edin013b_zps47c6b812.jpg

Edin014_zps6be1860b.jpg

That Scirroco is still on the road!!

The vehicle details for B42 KFS are:
Date of Liability 01 12 2013 Date of First Registration 28 02 1985 Year of Manufacture 1985 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1780cc CO₂ Emissions Not Available Fuel Type PETROL Export Marker N Vehicle Status SORN Not Due Vehicle Colour BROWN Vehicle Type Approval Not Available Vehicle Excise Duty rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £123.75 12 Months Rate £225.00

That Scirroco is still on the road!!

The vehicle details for B42 KFS are:
Date of Liability 01 12 2013 Date of First Registration 28 02 1985 Year of Manufacture 1985 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1780cc CO₂ Emissions Not Available Fuel Type PETROL Export Marker N Vehicle Status SORN Not Due Vehicle Colour BROWN Vehicle Type Approval Not Available Vehicle Excise Duty rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £123.75 12 Months Rate £225.00

That Scirocco is one of 300 Scirocco Storm in Havana Brown! :o

Absolute first class thread in all respects!   It is what the internet should be - a telescope to the past.   Only a  future autoshiter would take photos like this for the benefit of  unborn  mankind....Incidentally my indoor anorak compels me to point out the the Healey-devouring aeroplane is a Bristol Freighter rather than a Brabazon.  The enormous Brab was true aeroshite - hailed as the future of transatlantic flight they demolished an entire village for it to take off,  it went round and round for a bit and then landed.   It was then dismantled and thrown in the bin.   Bits  of it were still at Beaulieu when I were a lad...Anyway, I digress....thanks to all who make the effort to upload pre-dig stuff, I love  it!

These are excellent, Rab, many thanks for posting them.  They've reminded me of Edinburgh when I was allowed out on my own at the end of the 80s too; as a west-coast youth I was astounded at the amount of 60s and 70s cars still on Edinburgh's streets at that time compared wet Clydeside.  Alas, I had no camera and even less money for film/processing...

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic photos Rab, all the better for having been taken by a member. Digital photographs have their place but there's certainly something to be said about the selection process of what you photograph when you've only got 24/36 exposures. Plus, there's no need to take a couple of generic shots of something boring to 'finish off' a memory card, like my dad used to do with a roll of film. Can't believe how many badly framed shots of their living room I've missed because of this....

Most importantly though, my inane drivelling keeps this thread on page 1 where it belongs!