SUBARUS 4 SALE//SWAPZ??// Is anybody selling a car?

willswitchengage

Um, car has taken a significant reliability dive and chosen to only idle sometimes, and I'm getting a little bored of having to drive with three feet/brake with the handbrake to stop it from stalling in traffic. It still drives fine, just has a rough idle and occasionally dies completely. Probably a five minute fix for the pros but I'd end up taking it to some cowboys to be repaired and end up on ITV2. Driven it to work like this the past couple of days (where I am now - apologies for the brevity of this post), it's just a bit irritating. I've also owned it for more than a year now, which is a big no-no, and I still have a broken hand meaning I can't cycle anywhere and really need a reliable "ride".

1990 Subaru Justy 1.2 carb

MOT March, Tax June

FSSH with 35 service stamps and a recent timing belt

Many MOT advisories

No other problems to speak of, very clean and 100% original, one deceased 106 year old owner until I bought it.

Will add pics ce soir.

OFFERZ??Z????///

More to the point, is anybody selling right now? Ideally under £600 but ready to be flexible. No real criteria, just not silly high insurance. There's usually half a dozen Bluebirds or BXs here. I'm also after an ER5 at some point, when I'm less poorly.

In Reading but happy to travel.

Cheers,

More to the point, is anybody selling right now? Ideally under £600 but ready to be flexible. No real criteria, just not silly high insurance. There's usually half a dozen Bluebirds or BXs here. I'm also after an ER5 at some point, when I'm less poorly.

In Reading but happy to travel.

Cheers,

How about a GORJUS Peugeot 306 in very accessible Hertfordshire...?

http://autoshite.com/topic/14500-wilko’s-mega-fleet-clear-out/

photo%201.JPG

Okay so the car has sort of fixed itself, still rougher than usual when cold but drives fine when it reaches temperature. It does have a comment in the service history  "new autochoke/idle relay fitted, idle, at last, okay!" 2009/136K so I'm not sure id that's the culprit part.

Still if anyone's interested in buying it, I'm all YOLO! right now and am interested in something else interesting, so it's for sale to anyone who can muster up £350. It's dependable but doesn't get da honeyz excited.

Photos on my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/willswitchengage/with/9734433442/

• 3 months later...