AUTOSHITE former members. Where are they now?

warren t claim

I always found RoadworkUK an entertaining poster. I vaguely recall someone called Autoplas being a laugh for a brief while too.

That's a good one.

The top 3 posters is Cavette, trigger and bollox but that's not to say they're the longest member.

Cavette is definitely the longest member around here.

Thing is, if you go and look at any forum's threads from 3/4 years ago you'll find there are hardly any of the same people about. Some of the die-hards stay around but the rest of the make up of most forums is quite fluid as some people dip in and out over the years, others come and go as their interests or circumstances change and a few just stomp off in a huff never to be seen again.

The people that matter on a forum are the ones who are on regularly, posting good stuff and being a part of things, and we seem to be doing pretty well in that respect right now, and long may it continue. :)

What ever happened to malt loaf.

Not an AS member. Just malt loaf.

I used to get a slice of Soreen in my lunch box (oo-er) every day when I was ten. But now that I'm no longer ten, it seems less popular.

AND fish is more expensive these days.

Aaah remanising. The opiate of the masses.

I'm still around (just!) but feel less & less relevant now.

When I joined, (07 ,I think) I tended to feel 'mainstream', but  my dailies now barely qualify - even they are too old for most here now.   My obscurities dont feel as if they fit, so I rarely post now, although do pop by from time to time. It seems that most new members are considerably younger than us stalwarts, with differing interests. My  'tastes'  tend end in the mid 90's, whereas most posts now relate to post naughties. .  Life, I guess.

I'm hospitalized again at the moment after an inadvertent overdose last week, but am recovering well, vision is partially restored and hope to be home soon.

I've an enormous backlog of cars to sort/collect/MOT etc.!

Nigel, at the risk of sounding grovelling I have to say that your shite adventures are truly inspirational. I joined up largely because of them.

If most people here are buying/driving/fixing newer cars, I'd be prepared to bet that it's because of limitations re money/time/wives/size of bollocks, not because there's no interest in vehicles like yours.

I for one hope you continue to tell us about your exploits. And get well soon so that you can clear that backlog - photos please!