Talbot Samba Rallye

Faker

That looks kind of interesting. Were the bumpers that colour originally?

Thanks, the rallye did not come with coloured bumpers. However in keeping with the Motorsport theme I thought it would really suit blue bumpers. The chap doing this build is an absolute master. He asked me if I wanted to paint the bumpers and skirts, so I looked at a pile of them on google images and decided on blue. The painter picked the shade.

Most definitely will have PTS stripes!

Sambas have no torsion beam rear suspension, they have adjustable rear trailing arms with struts. They reportedly handle really well. Really well painted too. It's now silver inside just like the factory built works rally cars from back in the day, and most modern WRC cars. null_zpsbf67d157.jpg

null_zps2ec062e6.jpg

null_zpsfcfe24d3.jpg

It looks realy good, Faker.

I have a Samba with the little 954 engine so I like to go round the corners as fast as I can, so as to not lose to much speed, as it takes a bit to get going again with all the power its got! I do find that on my car the tail comes out and it starts to oversteer, its only got skiny 135s on it though. But its good fun round the bends. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi folks. Haven't posted for ages as i have moved house and have no tinternet yet. Picked the wee beauty up on Friday the 13th of December and brought her home. Once the weather improves a touch i will post some pics of it up. It truly is a thing of beauty. Its parked up in the garage next to the nova.