Strontian Post Office-Highland Fuels

fotorabia

Im currently working two days a week at the Strontian Post Office which is a 300 year old lead munitions store from the Napoleonic Wars.The lead was mined locally.My employer lives in the building like Uncle Bulgaria of the 1970s way of doing business.We have two operating fuel tanks..unleaded or diesel...when a car pulls up...they lift the filler....a buzzer wakes me up....i hit 1 or 2 START. Then they pay cash..credit..Allstar [fish farm and estates] or farm -business credit which they all have their own books which i have to rummage thru.I then have to hand write in the ledger each transaction...if they buy chocolate i then have to deduct that from the petrol and add back into the General Store...the rest of the time is being confronted by locals who are shocked to be served by someone they last saw when he was knee high to a slow-worm [im 46]...they all get their own assortments of newspapers..The Press and Journal...Peoples Friend and two copies of The Times...whilst sweeping out the shop of which the glue never worked on the 1980s linoleum...i drink Irn Bru..eat cold pork pies and wonder why people speed around in new petrol Land Rovers..btween sly smoke breaks i pick wild raspberries that grow around the building and pumps...then i have to hitch a few miles home...which is now becoming easier as as the re-recognised man in black..