Pics of Samba Style!

petr

Hi I have had some requests to see the Samba Style it was found in a garage in Morcome. Its very orginal solid body no rust! no welding! Samba Style came with a sun hatch and radio cloth seats only a 950cc engine and 4 speed box! its rather french soft springs lots of body roll. post-17384-0-60951900-1374612413_thumb.jpgpost-17384-0-82188400-1374612463_thumb.jpgpost-17384-0-91538900-1374612505_thumb.jpg

a lot of old car people turn there nose up at it, so I like to take it to classic car meets and park it up with the posh stuff always gets plenty of intrest! And it alwas starts, unlike some of the posh stuff. Parts are cheep too just got two new tyres for £12 each not much call for 135x80x13s had to get them as two of the ones on the car are giving up think the may be the ones it came with lots of tread but cracking up and can see steel so had to stop driving it! geting the new ones fitted tommrow so can get driving again.

That is unusual to have similar Reg numbers, I think FDB is a Manchester area REG. Just fitted two new tyres to it as it was running on some 1992 ones not good as found out when checking the brakes that one had tread that was coming off and I could see the steel inside! Got two brand new from flea bay for £24 what other car has tyres this cheep perhaps mk 1 fiesta.Just need to fit a new clutch as it isnot right works but its damaged don't know what previous owner has done with car!

Already fitted a new clutch cable, it made no difference, the clutch also judders sometimes and is a bit in or out.

Don’t fancy doing the job, only ever changed clutches on rear wheel drive cars. To change the Samba one looks rather a lot of work to get the engine and box out of the car. :sad: 

Going to get some prices from a few garages first.

So you are building a rally Samba, looks a good solid shell. what size engine are going to use?

1360 Rallye set up for the short term. Long term it's getting an 8 port head and twin 40s. I just need some inspiration for grafix and decals. Bumpers are 106 rallye blue. It's going to have Peugeot Talbot Sport colours but haven't a clue what style.