Fast Ax, low AS price (seen an itch I want to scratch!)

ruffgeezer

Ok so my Ax Vts is still here, and I've seen something very local that I've wanted for a long time, so I could do with this one out of the way.

AS only offer of £750

The spec:

1995 Ax Memphis shell 63k on the clock, electric windows, sunroof & central locking

1998 Saxo Vts engine, covered 4k in the ax, and had a new cambelt, waterpump and MLS headgasket before it was fitted, thought to have just over 100k on it now, still runs the Ax gearbox.

Piper cross viper induction kit into Samco elbow, S/steel 421 manifold and full s/s exhaust with custom "stealth" rear silencer (unfitted as it's got the OE one on for the mot at the moment!)

Mintex front pads in vts callipers, goodridge braided hoses, gmax front shocks & springs and bilstein rears, new wheel cylinders last year, rear beam is a 106 xsi drum beam. Vts front ARB.

5x good 175/60 14 Toyo proxes on Bx steel wheels

Ax Gt500 1/2 leather seats front & back, Zx volcane leather steering wheel & gearstick gaitor.

Mk1 bumpers & tailgate (original was damaged when I got the car)

Mk1 Chrome grille & bx 16valve badges.

It had a new radiator last year after the original sprung a leak, also had fresh antifreeze at the same time.

998622_10151716599422082_1924019197_n.jp

GOD DAMMMITTT RG!!!!!111!!!!!

I've wanted that car for ever.

And you've obviously purposfully waited untill I've JUST spent ALL my money on ANOTHER car, then advertised IT for SALE.

It might be coincidence.

But I doubt it.

Someone buy it quick. Its the best car.

GOD DAMMMITTT RG!!!!!111!!!!!

I've wanted that car for ever.

And you've obviously purposfully waited untill I've JUST spent ALL my money on ANOTHER car, then advertised IT for SALE.

It might be coincidence.

But I doubt it.

Someone buy it quick. Its the best car.

Offer him £500 and tell him to keep the back doors.

Someone back in the 'Spillers' days had a very rapid mk1 GT, with centre exit twin upswept DTM. Rumour has it, it was running a BX GTi engine. :D

I had a 106 with this engine, it was simply superb !

The lighter AX body and the giffer-spec exterior should make this one highly entertaining. I really don't have space for another car, otherwise I would have bitten your hand off. GLWTS etc.

Did the VTS engine 'go straight in'?

I bet driving that is the same feeling my brother had when I let him go down a very steep hill in a shopping trolley.

The VTS engine is a 'TU' type block, so it should bolt right in.

They are no shopping trolley, though. Even with the OEM suspension, they handle brilliantly. Just don't lift off in the wet, unless your surname is Vatanen.

It was mot'd at the start of the month, but I haven't taxed it as I already have 2 cars taxed, at the moment I'm refusing to give the robbing bastards any more money as I can only drive one car at once!

The engine fits without any modifications to the shell, but I did put a polybush in the rear engine mount in to be on the safe side.

• 3 months later...

Ok, this is a last ditch bump before I take it to ebay, I've managed to bugger my wrist up which makes driving this one very difficult, I'm struggling with PAS equipped cars as it is, let alone the poor Ax!

It's got tax until Jan (I think, might be longer) and Mot until July, I can be very easily tempted by swaps but I haven't much free time at the moment, so mega journeys might be difficult.