gone

fotorabia

Think Autoshite is gonna have to start PRODUCING chill pills soon enough lads.

Lot of negative waves bouncing around.

Is that the "We dont have negativity on here" line as in the  Blue forum? :smile:

Hey, If you are going to post up a thread making a statement then you can hardly start jumping up and down if people post to disagree with it or give an alternative view.

Maybe it would be better to just post pics of cars and kittens, no arguments then, eh?

Is that the "We dont have negativity on here" line as in the  Blue forum? :smile:

Hey, If you are going to post up a thread making a statement then you can hardly start jumping up and down if people post to disagree with it or give an alternative view.

Maybe it would be better to just post pics of cars and kittens, no arguments then, eh?

Not at all.

If you've got something negative to say, say it.

Prolonged tit for tat backbiting with other members when everyones already said their piece fivety six times ad infinitum is pointless.

This isnt a girls senior school.

THIS! IS SPARTA!!!!! Autoshite..

Not at all.

If you've got something negative to say, say it.

Prolonged tit for tat backbiting with other members when everyones already said their piece fivety six times ad infinitum is pointless.

This isnt a girls senior school.

THIS! IS SPARTA!!!!! Autoshite..

Aye, fair comment fella.

I suppose we cant even blame PMT on it all.

Its a Womans World!

I wonder if people dont credit the author of a photo because they think if the do then the author can pursue them for £££ whereas if they dont they could say - ah well we got it from here and where they got it from is of no concern to us.

Ive had a couple of my photos used bt Blog Preston, The Lancashire Evening Post and Gate 81 (save the Preston Bus Station) - ive been credited as the author each time but never received any payment.
TBH Im flattered anyone would want to use my photos.

Rab has a clear claim to artistic right, here - he's certainly no amateur. The least CCW could do, is credit him, and provide a link, as they would for any of the big photo libraries.

They wouldn't dare do that to Hulton Getty or the likes, so why shit on him?

Becos Freebird

Rab has a clear claim to artistic right, here - he's certainly no amateur. The least CCW could do, is credit him, and provide a link, as they would for any of the big photo libraries.
They wouldn't dare do that to Hulton Getty or the likes, so why shit on him?

Cos Freebird likes to shit on people from high places..moderator u can remove this thread.Im out.

Once again, we see a well liked, ever knowledgeable, and helpful member "shown the door" by an argumentative twat who can't fucking stop when he should. Well cheers Freebird.. you really showed your true colours. He's not in the best of frames at the minute, and you maybe helped push him over the edge. Give yourself a fucking great big gold star. You utter cunt. Next time, read the drivel you spout, just before touching the "post" button, to see if you're going to come across as a cunt. I do it, quite a lot as it happens, and what you lot see is the edited me. Perhaps I should go back to how I was, when people like you called me a bully.....

.... 2p post...

My avatar is all I say to 'two shovels of coal & a bag of oats'.... I have never - nor will - FLAME anyone.

I'm no KBW and I don't take offence at those [bin onn ere a wiles] who KN*B EDDed me as, perhaps, I was being one....

This is a FORUM...ffs! I will not trace yrr home addy and put DogS*it thru yrr letterbox - Y'know??

I like it and I'm stayyinn....

* Flameproof overalls are a hot wardrobe accessory these days...lol

tooSavvy

Freebird is talking out of his backside for sure, showing remarkably little understanding of how intellectual property rights work. All that matters is WHO took the photo, not what it was of. If I see a car, I can take a photo of it and then I can sell that photo where I like. It's a courtesy to tell the person who owns the vehicle of my intentions, but not essential. 

On some magazines I've worked on, we've had complaints that their car has been featured, even if it was a photo of it taken before they owned it! 

So, Fotorabia is ENTIRELY within his rights to seek some sort of remuneration for the use of his photo. It was probably unintended, but it happened. 

Freebird is talking out of his backside for sure, showing remarkably little understanding of how intellectual property rights work. All that matters is WHO took the photo, not what it was of. If I see a car, I can take a photo of it and then I can sell that photo where I like. It's a courtesy to tell the person who owns the vehicle of my intentions, but not essential. 

On some magazines I've worked on, we've had complaints that their car has been featured, even if it was a photo of it taken before they owned it! 

So, Fotorabia is ENTIRELY within his rights to seek some sort of remuneration for the use of his photo. It was probably unintended, but it happened. 

+1 and if they string you along, send them an invoice, and keep sending them... it's a principle thing.

Out of interest what is the going rate for a photo in a publication?

As Ive said, Im quite flattered that anyone wants to use one of my pictures so long s they credit me with being the author but you never know, one day I might get arsey.

9048768686_d33327209a_n.jpg
This one has been plastered all over FB and Twatter and used on her website, yet was a quick snapshot - though I did touch up the DJ's mug who happened to be framed in the 0 of the balloon.

8383837238_687dc47eb6_n.jpg
This one has been used for some publicity bumf for the save the preston bus station site, they did ask permission first though.

As I say, Im quite flattered, Im under no illusions that Im ever going to make money out of my photography thats why tomorrow at 6am I'll be getting up and going off to work again....

Hard to say really - depends on the publication. Probably £20-50. A local newspaper, probably £0 as they have no budget at all these days.

I have allowed use of some of my FlickR shots just for a free copy of the publication - had a shot of a Cortina used in the South African AA magazine so I just agreed to a copy of it for novelty value. When Top Gear Books contacted me via FlickR, they were told they'd have to pay, and they did.

Out of interest what is the going rate for a photo in a publication?

From what I've heard it's somewhere around £60. I know a few people who have had their pictures used without permission and that's the kind of money they have received when they complained. It's actually a bit stupid to use a photo without permission, all you have to do is ask somebody else with a similar picture until you find somebody willing to let you use it for nothing.

Once again, we see a well liked, ever knowledgeable, and helpful member "shown the door" by an argumentative twat who can't fucking stop when he should. Well cheers Freebird.. you really showed your true colours. He's not in the best of frames at the minute, and you maybe helped push him over the edge. Give yourself a fucking great big gold star. You utter cunt. Next time, read the drivel you spout, just before touching the "post" button, to see if you're going to come across as a cunt. I do it, quite a lot as it happens, and what you lot see is the edited me. Perhaps I should go back to how I was, when people like you called me a bully.....

What are you, twelve years old?

Fucking hell, how about you grow up?

He is a grown up who has decided to act like a fucking two year old and run off.

Thats his call and his call alone, blaming me or Eric fucking Clapton isnt going to cut it really.

If anybody is an utter cunt its people like you who think they are some sort of Superman, ready to jump infront of the weak and the fucking helpless taking bullets for them

Fucking hell, its just a car forum, that is all you utter helmet. Its not real,life and if people want to bring their personal lives into a forum like this to spill their guts then its their call, surely.

What do you want people to do? Tippy toe or something?

This place is no different to any other, its a clique and if the face fits or you drive a super shite car you are in and if you dont you may get in if you hang on.

Either way ive never given a fuck and i never will, life really is too short to dick about with people like you and, yeah, my woeful post count will testify that i dont live on here.

Amazing, I offered another viewpoint which may or may not have been a legally sound argument but certainly a common sense one and the shit hit the fan.

Well done you, one yer white charger galloping in to the rescue. 

Oh, Ive never called you a bully fella, Ive never really read any of your posts.

Personally, I couldnt give a toss if you was or you wasnt, we are all grown ups here, some choice words on a forum hardly constitues a severe assault with a deadly weapon, does it.

What a knob.

Nobody is forced to do anything we are free to come and go but dont you fucking give it the big one because he has run off crying, maybe he needs to grow some cojones too.

How the fuck do people like him function on a day to day basis if they cannot stomach the idea of people having an alternative viewpoint to them, not just mine either but, at least ive got the bollocks to say it.

Isnt that the whole point of a forum, look it up thick shit.