AX to grind.

Cavcraft

It may have, Vanny, as it does bear a Liverpool area reg plate. The tyres could defo be of use me old china as a couple on the car are really shit but the spare is good.

Right, some shitty Internet based car scrappage outfit have offered me £130 for the car. Obv. I'll whang the good battery off and swap it for a shit one if that happens.

I'd still much rather someone took it on though, it'd be a right bleeding waste of a car if it got weighed off. Thus if anyone can beat that by a quid or more get in touch please.

Looks like Im out on this as Im trying desparatly to get Docco to sell me his Nighthawk project.

Bike ownership by the backdoor and an ideal lad and dad project I think.

Oh shit forgot about that Tim sorry, blame the weather!

I'll check later when I get home, give me a ring about 5.00pm please if you think on as it will remind me to check it over

Soz about that.

Ps can probably hold for a week if you want it.

Yeah, there's early/late type shafts, plus the fancy ones off sporty ones which are equal length. This will take any non VTR/VTS/XSi/GTI early shaft off any saxo/106/ax I would guess but you're around the changeover year.

Have a look at yours when its off. Drop the box oil first or you'll make a mess, alternatively jack the car up on a MASSIVE angle and you might get away with it but this has never worked for me. Filling the gearbox back up is a lot easier through the breather on the top than through the fill plug on the end like what haynes tells you to do, just take the fill plug out and stop filling when it pisses out. 2l bang on from empty to full.

Tapered:

IMG_1205.jpg

None Tapered:

IMG_1204.jpg

I've got a good Saxo VTR engine in my nans shed if anyone wants to make this into TRAK DAY CAR 4 TRAK DAYS. Sadly I've no brightly coloured roller paint, deathtrap JTF bucket seats with bits of plasterboard anglebead to hold them in or any of the other usual trak slag stuff. But iginoring the usual idiocy, an AX with a VTR engine does go well and will still return MPGS.

Good little cars the AX I saved one from scrap paid £80 for it fixed it up only need back box and a tyre ran it for a while it even survived running a dear over! Sold it for lots more a year later. Not that many around now specially the early ones.