Scenic Auto still going nearly 7 years later! Finally on borrowed time...

aldo135

Those A class gearboxes ARE shite. I've read quite a few horror stories about them, and there's also stacks for sale with shagged boxes.

• 6 years later...

Had 4 years with this Scenic, nothing but a temp. Sensor and a couple of the infamous pencil coils needing changed. Passed on to my wee sister who has got nearly another 3 but it’s time may be up... she says it refused to start and with the MOT looming it’s not worth fixing. She went to Arnold Shark and got the usual crazy prices, 6 grand for a seven year old diesel fiesta? Managed to talk her out of it, sent her a picture of Dome’s Jazz but it sold before she got over her Arnold Clark visit. My old man came to the rescue, told me he was going to buy his mate from the pub’s old car for her... feared the the worst but he pulled this out the bag! The auld yin has still got it! Just MOT’d and serviced yesterday, he paid a grand for it. 

C5DE3D5C-DBD5-4AFF-B598-6753F71BA787.jpeg

My Dad dropped this i30 off today so met him there to give him a run home. Think she’s got a good wee car but got the familiar guilt pangs seeing my old steed lying forlorn waiting for the chop... part of me would like to take it on but I’ve no-where to put it, I’ve still got my Volvo parked in the driveway ffs! But if this is the end of the road it’s done well for a Renault Auto, see the jibes on page one from 2013 when I bought it!

763B4C57-AEB8-42E2-B8F3-61E5FA701347.jpeg

CC509BB5-300B-44A7-B940-E270D4C3AB5D.jpeg

On 6/27/2013 at 1:50 PM, aldo135 said:

Timing belt is a good shout, will check that out. Cheers!

If these are that bad, I'll just need to buy more shite as back up...

Never did get a timing belt... don’t think it’s had much love at all the last few years!