Reginald Nutsack's K-series Kapers - ROVER 623 MOT GUFF

Mr_Bo11ox

I think the pleasure I get from looking at other folks welding results will never be matched by doing my own, because I'm an impatient dick. So not even going to try. That looks well tidy though! And good work on the window switches, it's nice when manufacturers cheapen stuff up enough that you can swap bits over.

Still got the V6 45, its just sat doing nothing at all!!!! Battery has gone flat. I am thinking I ought to attempt the cam belt on it then maybe see if anyone fancies a 'shite hire' on it for a few months. My dad was going to have it in a swap for his early R8 but he's decided he likes the R8 too much so its staying.

Guest Lord Sward

As I understand it, the KV6 belt change is easier on 45 than on 75.  

Top marks for the welding there, really enjoyed reading that.

Hm, i've found the brake backplates at Honda. Theyre part numbers

43253SM4953

43254SM4953

£48 each + vat is the UK price, i can't justify that, but I can see them for sale in the states for 28 dollars each which even with our worthless money is still about 60% cheaper I think. I might see if i can find someone at work who can help me get some that way if I can get em back to base cheaply.

Those repairs look neat - nice!

The trailing arm thingies look a bit flimsy in some of those photos - are they prone to rot? I had to replace a pair on an old Saab 99 as the pressed steel had become very flaky. Even second hand ones were expensive at the time.

Hey Sex_Blokes, take us a picture of the connector, I think it's probably a multilock one. If that's the case we've got reels of thousands of pins at work, I could get you a handful in the post if needs be.

BTW you've done a fucking fine job on those repairs, better than the usual "Heres a picture of the hole. Here's the patch welded in and smeared with filler I forgot to take a picture of the welding but it's deffo solid"

Nay, rarer than that. It's the super-rare interim facelift - larger indicators but nanoseconds before they lobbed the aftermarket grille effort on the bonnet.

i dont think there was an interim facelift, big light cam when the grill arrived, i was told by a fella that bought one, that you could say yay or nay with the grill- he said nay so had big lights no grill

There are good rattle cans - but not on the high street. There is a seller on ebay called fionamcgowan who sells the bast aerosols I have used. Not cheap but worth the extra.

Your rover is a cracker - a poor mans bentley.

+1 with that seller - I always get my touch-up paints from there. Absolutely spot-on every time.

Another cracking update Sir Balls. I will scout my local scrappers should you need any more Ruvver parts.

I've already got the paint, got it custom-mixed from 'Autopaints St Helens' who in all my previous dealings with them have been spot bollock on.

Strongly agree that 'high street' aerosols are totally flippin useless, I shall never buy another. Theyre 99.99997% Solvent and 0.00003% pigment. Shite.

• 3 weeks later...

75 has been dropped off at the unit.

Screenshot_20161031-183926.png

I have really done it this time - bid on a £200 car, found a Shiply to deliver it (£100 for 90 miles) and 3 days later its sat outside the flippin workshop without me even needing to go out the house! Thats 21st century shiting! You can buy a car while sitting in bed and have it delivered like a flippin Lamb Jalfrezi with a side of Sag Aloo and a few poppadoms.