Reginald Nutsack's K-series Kapers - ROVER 623 MOT GUFF

Mr_Bo11ox

part read that thread, have to say I love what he's doing, but done come across as a bit of a Hector. Are slightly sticking brakes an mot fail? surely if the red line stop in the right place on the screen it's a pass? The ZX rear brakes stopped in different places due to fucked rear calipers on its first test, but both in the pass zone. the next year, with 2 new calipers it was nice and even...

• 3 weeks later...

Got in this 600 tonight and stoked it up, annoyingly smoke started pouring out from round the handbrake so i switched it off again quick smart!! Turns out the connector onto the electric window switch was having a fuggin meltdown. Now I need a new EW switch and connector with a few inches of wire to connect it in. FFS.

Drove it up the garage though and the transmission lock-up is working perfectly now so thats good. Got a free weekend this WE so i am gonna bust out the mig and hopefully get it sorted. Anyone know any dead 600's lying about that could donate a switch?

I drove to Edinburgh for a night out through all kinds of horrible Friday night traffic in my 600. I was really looking forward to the night out and because I'd spent so long getting their I was gasping for a pint.

I arrived and put the window down a bit for some reason and it came off the runner. I couldn't get it back up and I couldn't leave it in central Edinburgh with the window down so I just had to drive home (with freezing air blasting in my face).

Happy times*

Something similar happened to me in Newquay in my 45.

I was sat waiting for the missus outside her mate's house, I was reading the paper minding my own business and decided I'd lower the window as it was getting a bit warm.

So I pressed the switch.

And absolutely shat myself when the window exploded into a million pieces all over the inside of the car and down into the door itself behind the door card. Apparently it dropped off the runners then hit something, hence the explosion.

The nearest Autoglass was in Truro so that was fun. Plus they didn't have the right piece of glass anyway so I had to drive around for the next few days with some Perspex gaffa taped over it. That made a hell of a noise on the A30 at 80 mph!!

I sold the car a few months later, with the bits of glass in the door card making a lovely sound when you shut the drivers door.....

Forgot to mention, I had a cheeky bid on this the other day and ended up winning it for £85. Picking it up on Thursday with the A!!!! Hope its the 130bhp effort.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-216-Cabriolet-Spares-or-Repair-Honda-engine-/222260890468

s-l1600.jpg

I have seen several twin-cam soft tops

I don't think it's a 130, I can't see any evidence they ever put that engine in the cabrio. Seems to be coupé/GTi only.

heres a couple

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-HONDA-rover-216-cabriolet-power-hood-/162215550590

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-216-Cabriolet-convertible-L-reg-1993-Barn-find-light-restoration-project-/201671685410

Just loaded the reg on my work program for your new cabrio. It's a 122ps twink

Engine & Performance
  • Acceleration 0-62 MPH (secs)9
  • Top Speed (mph)120
  • Max Power (bhp)122
  • Max Power (rpm)6800
  • Max Torque (lb/ft)100
  • Max Torque (rpm)5700
  • Engine Size (cc)1590
  • AspirationNATURALLY ASPIRATED
  • Valve GearDOHC
  • Number of Cylinders4
  • Cylinder ArrangementIN LINE
  • Driven WheelsFRONT
  • Euro Status
  • Gears5

Pre-facelift cab in black, doesn't get much better than that. Pretty amazing you got a complete car for under £100.

Nay, rarer than that. It's the super-rare interim facelift - larger indicators but nanoseconds before they lobbed the aftermarket grille effort on the bonnet.