Road Rage. Biggest Idiot met today!

Burnside

Just under a hour ago I popped to the cash point and there is where I made my first mistake. Instead of walking because the kids where finishing school so I thought rather than battle to walk on the path I'd use the car. Thus adding to the carbon footprint no doubt. So thought as I haven't used the car all week I'd go the long way round. Second Mistake.

Only got round the corner onto the next road where upon me passing a parked Mercedes Sprinter Van. It suddenly pulled away with no indicator across me forcing me to swerve onto the other side of the road to avoid a collision. As I did so I used the Horn to make him aware and stop him hitting my car which thankfully he did.

It went all down hill from there to be honest. I stopped on the other side of the road to see him give me the bird! An shouting abuse. How kind! He then revered his engine up and implied he would ram my car as I was in his way. So I got out and he reversed off and down another street. I drove off after him to get his details for a reason I'll explain shortly.

I caught him up and blocked him in outside my local petrol station. An he just starting shouting at me calling me a wanker etc. Then I pointed out that he was as he didn't look in his mirror or use an indicator. Then he threated to do something unpleasant regarding violating my mother. I then pointed out my mother wasn't a cu*t like his mother. I shouldn't have said that but at the time I was angry.

An this is the point when I said something to him that made me put up this post. That he has been to my house 3 times this year for me to take in parcel's for a neighbour!

What a hero hey? He looked a bit miffed an I told him that maybe it's best he not knock my door again in the future. I left and he followed me so I stopped as he was trying to take a picture of my car. So I did the same. He threatened me again saying that he gunna do me over. How original. So I've reported it to the local police station and the company who he works for. A big parcel company. Meantime I'll be keeping an eye outside now in case he decides to come pay me a vist or do something to one of the family motors.  

Maybe I should have just not said anything. An maybe I should of not followed him to get his details. An maybe I should have not drove to the bank.

It's done now but I hate people who think they can speak to people like crap an get away with it. An I hate bullies even more though I was no match for this guy in terms of size etc.I think pure anger took over me. I could have took him on and maybe I could have won. But then again maybe I wouldn't and maybe I could have ended up getting arrested etc etc.

Still least it isn't raining at the moment. 

I don't care what anyone else says mate I say fair play to you well done, if people never stand up to these goons or say anything to them they are going to keep doing these stupid things and think they can get away with it, people standing up to them is the only thing that works with them.

I completely agree these bullys shouldn't be allowed to get away with it, at least you were calmer than mrs fordperv, she was driving my saph I was a bit further in front in her rs turbo, when your stereo typical white van driving tattooed idiot pulled straight out on a roundabout nearly wiping the front end of the saph off, she beeped to make him aware of the error of his ways, then he made the mistake of shouting "fuck you, you stupid little bitch" at her she blocked the van so it couldn't go anywhere, got out walked over to the van not saying anything as she walked, went to the open drivers window and gave the guy an excellent right hook and calmly said "I suggest you be nice to people in future" got in the car and drove off

This company hasn't got a name like something that you might do on a Swiss mountainside by any chance has it?

There's a delivery company called shag a shepherdess?

More seriously - I've learnt that it's best to just take a deep breath and consider yourself lucky that your car is still intact. You won't teach these idiots a lesson. They'll be just as stupid next time. Hopefully not in front of you. When I lived in Birmingham I quickly realised that if I was to stop myself from going insane, I'd just have to not respond when idiotic things happened. Which they did. A lot. 

There no need for that behavior on the roads, just bellends trying to take their ego on a trip, Just today my wife was in London and was moving out of the way of someone on the pavement who shouted "Get out of the fucking way" to her, Lucky it wasn't me the cock said it too.

I had a bloke reverse out of his driveway (highway code advises against this manoeuvre for a start) in front of me the other day about 20 feet from a mini roundabout. No issue, I was slowing anyway but then he stopped at the roundabout when he had right of way. The car coming from our right was clearly indicating left to enter the road we were exiting. I stopped behind him and gave a peep on the horn after a few seconds of just sitting with no one moving, So he gives me the bird in the rear view mirror, drives forward 3 feet onto the roundabout and then stops yet again (just to stop me proceeding for a bit longer I guess)

So, if he was in no rush why reverse out in front of me in the first place and why do people that are in the wrong get all defensive and aggressive.

...then he stopped at the roundabout when he had right of way. The car coming from our right was clearly indicating left to enter the road we were exiting.

Yup, he was right, you were wrong, I'm afraid. I'd have flipped you the finger if you'd hooted at me under the same circumstances. ;)

At any junction when you are emerging and an oncoming car is indicating left you're supposed to wait and make sure he does.

If he doesn't turn into the road and instead hits you, it's usually deemed to be your fault.

I've learnt that it's best to just take a deep breath and consider yourself lucky that your car is still intact. You won't teach these idiots a lesson.  

^ This exactly. 

That sort of person won't change at all and whatever you do won't make a difference. Only increases your blood pressure and spoils your day.

Someday they'll pull out on someone who won't stop / swerve and will just flatten them instead.

None taken, it was more that he had reversed out in front of me (and the 5 cars behind me) and then just stopped. I only gave a quick peep to make him aware there was a line of cars waiting, not a lean on the horn for a minute type thing.  If it was the other way around it would have been a 'sorry' wave from me.

I had one of these last week, convinced that I could, should and would move my van while in the middle of making a delivery (enough bread to fill half the van) so that he could get past into a parking space behind his office.  DW is right, you can't and won't teach these idiots a lesson, simply because they can't and won't learn.  By the way: there was a white van involved, yes, driven by me.  The cockgobbler was in a 12-plate Astra diesel, and a nice shirt and what were obviously the pants of a suit.  You can't judge by appearance...

He rattled me so much that I'm still thinking about it.  The following day I saw him reverse out of the other end of the alley into the street, across a pavement littered with pedestrians, while on his phone and barely even looking in his mirrors.  That's when you really want to see a couple of PCSOs stroll around the corner!

The roads full of nobs, but it's best to let them get on with their sorry lives. If they're that angry and aggressive over being honked they probably aren't going to swallow a verbal dressing down from some random in a shite car.

I had bellend speed up from behind just as I pulled in front of her, then flash, then gesticulate wildly with her boyfriend. Unnecessary and I'm not sure why. I just moved over at the appropriate time when they predictably zoomed alongside still offering rapid sign language. You can't reason or win an arguement with these fucktards. I just put my thumb to my nose, waved my fingers and laughed.

I don't seem to get as many confrontations, just knobs overtaking me because I am slow, and then dropping in front of me to slam on and turn left..... obviously their bumpers are worthless, and the extra 5 seconds gained were worth it. Yes, all 38hp and 2.5 tons of my motor was a really difficult overtake.... Were I to come against someone reversing out in front of me, I am certain they would notice me....

Parcel delivery drivers must be on tight deadlines this week.

I passed one on the motorway yesterday, in the middle lane, weaving so much he was crossing over into the fast and slow lanes. Turned out he was texting. I learned on the horn as I went past, he didn't even look up from his phone. 

I doubt the police would do anything based on one report, so I reported it to his employers. 

Parcel delivery drivers must be on tight deadlines this week.

I passed one on the motorway yesterday, in the middle lane, weaving so much he was crossing over into the fast and slow lanes. Turned out he was texting. I learned on the horn as I went past, he didn't even look up from his phone. 

I doubt the police would do anything based on one report, so I reported it to his employers. 

I sincerely hope you used a hands-free device....

I can sympathise seeing twats on the road, but as said - don't get involved.  As also said, shall we have a look at some more bits where your driving instructor would disown you?

onto the next road where upon me passing a parked Mercedes Sprinter Van. It suddenly pulled away with no indicator

There's a part of the driving test now about hazard perception, if you can see a vehicle with someone in it (or you can't see it's definitely empty) then surely there's a chance he'll pull out?  Ask any biker if he's had this happen, sometimes people don't look when they pull out.  And indicate?  That went out of fashion decades ago, you've not noticed?

So basically, a van driver did something a bit twattish, but no more than you see every day.  You could have done more to anticipate it too.  Then...

I used the Horn to make him aware and stop him hitting my car

Fair, but people usually react badly to this.  Honestly they do.  Some instructors say they never hit the horn, if there's time to do that then there's time to hit the brakes and steer instead, and a horn just makes things worse.

I stopped on the other side of the road

Why?  This is really confrontational.  Chances are it's going to end badly from here.

So I got out

And that's the clincher.  All is now officially lost.  Let's hope nobody makes things worse.

I drove off after him

Oh.

Rant a bit if you want, but the roads are full of people who have their mind on other things.  I think it was Mr_Bo11 who said he's seen loads of people driving along playing with their Phone / Satnav / iPod / cock.  People will drive like idiots and you can't teach all of them a lesson.  The best you can do is not let it get to you.

Take care, dude

The best you can do is not let it get to you.

Sadly, this is the best advice. It's a shame there are not more traffic police these days as a few more of these idiots might get caught occasionally. The main problem is most people just do not give a shit about anyone else these days or how their actions impact on other people. 

The best you can do is not let it get to you.

Very good advice, hard to follow!  But you'll feel much better in the long run letting angry morons get themselves worked up while you remain calm and unaffected.  It took me a long time to discover this and it's not always easy to do in a road-rage scenario but it's usually the better option in the long run.

I've also discovered it can be quite amusing to be very, very excessively polite to angry morons.  A few weeks back I was approached by some strange bloke as I got out of my car outside my house.  He was in a right little tizz about how fast I'd driven past him, his wife and his kids (at approximately 10-15mph) as they stood in the road (yes, he'd even stopped the boy from walking out of the road as I approached, to prove...something) and was clearly on an ego trip in front of his family, possibly not sober either given his bizzare concept of speed.

My initial reaction was to react and have a row with him, but instead I just remained very, very calm, I told him I didn't agree with his assessment of the situation but in a quiet, soft voice I kept thanking him for his opinion, telling him his comments had been taken on board etc.  This wasn't the shouting match he wanted so he kept on and on at me - so I just kept repeating the same polite little phrases with a polite little smile. 

Eventually he stormed off in a huff, but as I turned away, I heard him mutter 'fucking moron', evidently thinking he was out of earshot.  I should have ignored it, yes, but this did annoy me so I responded in a loud sing-song voice "Now that's not very nice, is it?  That was very rude indeed!" - OK, I shouldn't have,  but he got so worked up again I felt it was worth it.

After all that, I walked away quite calmly instead of being enraged and stressed, perhaps a little ruffled but also rather amused by the whole thing, it made him look like a bit of a twat.

Very good advice, hard to follow!  But you'll feel much better in the long run letting angry morons get themselves worked up while you remain calm and unaffected.  It took me a long time to discover this and it's not always easy to do in a road-rage scenario but it's usually the better option in the long run.

I've also discovered it can be quite amusing to be very, very excessively polite to angry morons.  A few weeks back I was approached by some strange bloke as I got out of my car outside my house.  He was in a right little tizz about how fast I'd driven past him, his wife and his kids (at approximately 10-15mph) as they stood in the road (yes, he'd even stopped the boy from walking out of the road as I approached, to prove...something) and was clearly on an ego trip in front of his family, possibly not sober either given his bizzare concept of speed.

My initial reaction was to react and have a row with him, but instead I just remained very, very calm, I told him I didn't agree with his assessment of the situation but in a quiet, soft voice I kept thanking him for his opinion, telling him his comments had been taken on board etc.  This wasn't the shouting match he wanted so he kept on and on at me - so I just kept repeating the same polite little phrases with a polite little smile. 

Eventually he stormed off in a huff, but as I turned away, I heard him mutter 'fucking moron', evidently thinking he was out of earshot.  I should have ignored it, yes, but this did annoy me so I responded in a loud sing-song voice "Now that's not very nice, is it?  That was very rude indeed!" - OK, I shouldn't have,  but he got so worked up again I felt it was worth it.

After all that, I walked away quite calmly instead of being enraged and stressed, perhaps a little ruffled but also rather amused by the whole thing, it made him look like a bit of a twat.

when some arsehole starts with the hand signals and I like to smile and wave enthusiastically

that really pisses them off

Actually that's rather good, I like that! 

Another one comes to mind, some years ago I once get cut up at a roundabout by a fat, red-faced old man in an Omega - I beeped and flashed my lights when he made me brake to avoid losing the front of my car, yes OK I know, red rag to a bull etc.  A few yards further on, at the red traffic light he'd dived in front of me to get to first, he got out and started shouting and yelling at me, goodness knows what about as he couldn't possibly have thought what he did was legal - still, he had quite an audience with the other drivers waiting in the queue.  I just sat there with my windows rolled up, smiling at him and making 'sorry, I can't hear you' signs.  His head nearly exploded with rage but I think quite a few people had a good laugh at his expense, the whole thing was entirely his own creation too.

I usually end up spying my arse with knobhead drivers but have tried to teach my lad to just ignore them.

If someone pulls out on me or whatever I will usually toot the horn, or get a sort of yellow belt rage on, but if they put their hand up to apologise then I always think that's pretty much fair enough. None of us are perfect and if I make a wrong move in the car and get beeped at I always apologise. The only thing that bothers me is when they keep on beeping or shouting abuse: I've apologised and that's as good as I'm going to bother with.

It's not big or clever but I once opened my car door and knocked some fat, poncey kid off his pushbike. I was genuinely sorry and apologised profusely to the lad's dad but he just wouldn't STFU going on about it and swearing.

In the end I just sort of 'accidentally' suggested that if he didn't jog on sharpish that I'd put his fucking head in the shut and repeatedly open/close the door on it.

The wife was driving today and came up to a "road calming" thing :D where the sign showed she had right of way over on coming traffic..BIG arrow/little arrow. so she carries on through but the woman in the other car decides she is going to carry on coming through. both cars miss scraping each other by the width of an elephant's ballhair. but unfortunately for the other woman there was an unmarked police mongdayo right behind her... blue lights on and pulled over... would have loved to hear her explanation for aggressive driving.

Just think, if the other drver had hypothetically been Kenneth Noye we'd be hearing a different one-sided anonymised account on the local news :( & ;) .

'Someone' left a rather 'critical' note on my car, regards my "bad parking", last Wednesday. He doesn't know that I know who he is, nor that I am going to play mind games with him - I live about 20 yards away from him, but he is as yet unaware of this - and take him to the metaphorical mind cleaners :D ! There are 2 road-going Land Rovers and a road-legal Range Rover on his drive that I can loosen the wheel nuts on (or reach under when it's dark and loosen important bits), as well as a Transit (ditto) - not that I would do this, oh no... But he doesn't yet know that I know him and am going to take him to the mind cleaners (he soon will though :) ), nor wil he know his base from his apex by the time I have finished with him! I could be confrontational and do a "Kenneth Noye" on him, but that's a bit obvious ;) ...

Posting his "note" back to him next week will, no doubt, set the ball rolling...

We never know who the other driver actually is, which might be a motivation to keep heads down - but then it's the full moon today (goodness knows - the idiots were out today and especially tonight!)...

If I don't post again, the bloke - Mr Whittle - caught me ;) ...