The heartbreakers thread

Junkman

That Jag reminds me of a brilliant article in Jalopy about running a borked Mk2, "Instead of the aroma of King Edward cigars, I was met with the stench of King Edward potatoes" or somesuch.

This Chrysler Horizon was like new, complete with "old boy" floor mats made of hideous carpet off-cuts. Last year it found its way into the hands of somebody who scrapped it under some kind of takeback scheme. I can't remember what he got but it was considerably less than scrap value.

16608969.66cd1685.640.jpg?r1
DSC_2611 par Richard, on ipernity

16603241.8bdb5b44.640.jpg?r1
DSC_2607 par Richard, on ipernity

here's the original thread about the Horizon http://autoshite.commlm/topic/12417-mint-horizon-bridged/

Have to admit I find the whole COD thing more than a bit stupid. a perfectly good car still in one piece is doomed for no good reason whatsoever. I've heard a good few horror stories about rare/fantastic condition cars killed needlessly this way.

Bloody shame about this old Roller. It looks as though some old giffer has left his private member's club after a few too many gins and reversed it at speed into a lamp post.