Woohoo, they let me in! Newbie with old Jag and other tat.

dome

Hi guys.

After far too long on the sidelines it's good to finally be able to join up. My history of random tat will hopefully help me fit in, it includes a Citroen BX, Fiat Strada, several Range Rover Classics and various other old tat. 

My current fleet includes a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 running LPG, it's definitely worthy of shite status as there's barely a straight panel on it. I also accidentally bought a Peugeot 206 1.9d for £75 the other week. Progress on that to follow when I get round to it, something else has been getting in the way...

Without actually meaning to I sold the MX-5 I'd bought and fixed up (I've spent too long on P**tonheads and it seemed like a good idea...)  so I decided I'd better find another way of spending all my money. I'd always fancied a Jag and assumed I'd end up with an X300 but after a browse on gumtree, a viewing and the handing over of some cash I brought home a 1986 Jaguar Sovereign 4.2 in a rather fetching shade called Antelope. Not Brown. Oh no, not at all.

Owned for the past 11 years by an old boy who spent a lot of time and money restoring it and then passed away earlier this year just after getting it on the road for the first time in 10 years. I have an MOT from 2001 with 115100ish miles, an MOT from February this year with 115200ish miles and it had done an extra 30 odd miles when I picked it up. It drove well on the way home though. Rumour has it he may have passed away in shock at his fuel bill but I can't confirm this.

Spent the first few days sorting out a few things-adjusted squeaky fanbelt, resealed downpipe to manifold to fix the blow and ripped out the carpets to give it a damn good clean- it did not smell pretty inside. Also had to rebuild the alternator and change the 10 year old oil and try to make sure all the various electrical things work. They almost do. I've put about 400 miles on it since I got it and almost nothing fell off so I count this as a result. 

IMAG0289_zps62316a68.jpg

IMAG0290_zpsfe2575ea.jpg

IMAG0291_zpsbbe1a54e.jpg

IMAG0293_zps201beddc.jpg

IMAG0294_zps0f19f95b.jpg

IMAG0295_zpsde19b37f.jpg

IMAG0296_zps16d9eb34.jpg

IMAG0297_zps5ae63f81.jpg

IMAG0298_zpscc1c45e5.jpg

Oh and I felt it neccesary to add a suitable period dealer sticker.

181280_10151594980918080_1029229028_n.jp

Anyway, I hope my shite meets with your approval and I shall endeavour to be a worthwhile part of the community* 

Cheers

Brian

Thank you for increasing the proportion of people who believe that the QOL is directly proportional to engine displacement. The mpg fraction on this forum became too big and tiresome lately.

Oh, and if you didn't stick an Arthur Daley sticker on it, I'd have done it for you.

Beautiful car and one of my favourites, that sounds like an excellent buy  :)

What a great motor! I have always promised myself an old Jag but the threat of rust and high fuel bills mean I will never own one....probably.

The very same factors are why I will own one one day......probably

Nice old jag, love the colour. You wouldn't be the same dome from central belt Scotland who bought an old Saab 9000 aero o f me a few or lot of years ago would you?

Well shaft me with the rough end of a pineapple. Yep, that was indeed me. You're the same Kinkersaab who tried to do yourself out of a deal by trying to kill me in a Rav4 on the way to the Saab :wink:

Yep that old thing did me well, kept it for a while then sold it to a boy from Southampton-it ended up fully restored and running 400+Bhp. I've had another 9000 Aero since then and also a 9-5 Aero too. Great cars.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I am growing fond of the old beast. Got the 206 to MOT and then the Heep is due it's MOT in August, and it's making some funny noises so that could be interesting  :shock:  Plan is to have the 206 roadworthy before tackling the Heep, and keeping the Jag from imploding at the same time.