What do I do, the banger racing issue raises it's ugly head

Torsten2001

Banger racing isn't such an apt desciption nowadays, it's more like good-solid-low-mileage-well-kept car racing. How about a ban on anything over 20 years old being raced, it would cheer an awful lot of people up especially those who've had Rover P5s and mk1 Granadas stolen.

:roll: lets not get into a debate about what you can and cant race.p5 rovers are common around the norfolk area for racing as we have a couple of people breaking them so the shells come are way so no need to steal them

Hmm. Interesting debate. How merit-worthy is a Lada when £800 sheets are waved under your nose. I suspect I would cut'n'run. There's bound to be a few more Sid'n'Doris-spec Riva's out there. Oh, and P5's. I've got two of the buggers sat here. And the owner is two months in arrears on the rent. At what point to I 'liquidate' them? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Talking of banger racing spud lickers, check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180178353537

Posted Image

Reckons no-one has bid enough so he's cancelled the auction and decided to race it instead! It was at £1100 last time I looked - I call BS. You can tell by the guys email chain he is a fuggin veg.

What a complete and utter knobcheese. :evil:Besides, how much is a damaged Flavia worth? Can't be all that much - mate of mine bought a non-running but otherwise complete and not all that rotten Flavia coupe for £300, so I would have thought £1100 was pretty generous for a non-MoT'd, running-but-damaged example.

Guest greenvanman

The way I see it, nutters like this guy or anyone who writes eBay ads in text speak & 4 foot high letters etc. (often a problem with scooters) are doing you a favour. Effectively they've just hung a big sign above their heads that says "You really don't want to buy anything from me", thereby saving you the unpleasantness of having to deal with them.

Guest greenvanman

surely its his car he can do what he likes with it

Did anyone say he couldn't? I couldn't care less whether he races it or not. It's got nothing to do with him withdrawing the car either, it was the manner in which he did it (and the rest of his mad ramblings) in that auction that make him a first class nob.Try reading what was posted next time :roll:

surely its his car he can do what he likes with it

Did anyone say he couldn't? I couldn't care less whether he races it or not. It's got nothing to do with him withdrawing the car either, it was the manner in which he did it (and the rest of his mad ramblings) in that auction that make him a first class nob.Try reading what was posted next time :roll:
ohh get her

The reason for me calling the man a tit was the remarks about all the "voyeurs" and "pervs" that had the car on their watchlist.Maybe I`m a bit out date, but I thought a perv was someone who flashes at old ladies, and a voyeur was someone who rigged up a hidden camera in a ladies toilet or changing room, not someone who saw an old Lancia on ebay and thought "I`ll just click the watch button, be interesting to see how much that fetches". As adding cars to my watchlist just to see how they get on is something I do a fair bit then I can only consider myself tarred with the same brush.

Can't see why this thread got so narky from the first couple of posts it was clear that someone wanting to pay £800 for a Lada to destoy it was a clear wind up or a fool. Don't you tell kids that if people know your that easy to rattle they will keep doing it, don't react and they get bored and go away?

• 3 weeks later...

GREAT thread... :roll: No way on gods green earth is anybody going to pay 800 for a lada - I got an estate one for racing a couple of years ago for nothing on an M plate - that is definitely a wind up.As for banger drivers daily rides - mine is total arse bubble shape rover 216 but will be gone next year for something more interesting as soon as I have got a van for towing the race cars I figure I won't need a reliable car any more! The mate I share my yard with has more interesting road cars - a 2-tone silver mk2 granny 2.3GL auto and a late 2.4 manual Laurel at the moment... the mate I used to share with had an A55 mk2 Cambridge and an A60 Oxford - since retiring from the track he tools round in an old auto FX4 taxi. Other racers I know with interesting cars tend to own various raceable stuff like Crowns, cedrics, A60/A110 farinas, mk1/2 grannies and mk3/4/5 cortinas etc...