More Beige!

garycox

Glad this is going down well! Also, any way of getting a door here would be ace. I think we have enough Champagne Beige aerosol to do a typically shoddy spray job on it...

So far I've only driven this crate once, but it was bleedin' ace man. Light years ahead of the Standard of course, it's mega comfy and drives as well as any modern but with proper steering and pedal feel.... but it's just so deeply uncool I'm not sue I could handle too much of it. Will be interesting to see how many hedges I can understeer into on the way to work after a few weeks getting accustomed to wobbly 1950s RWD and crossplies (you should check out my l33t drift skillz). Sadly I need to figure out a way of shifting the now dead Maestro from outside my gaff before I can fit another car in down here so I can't even use the bloody thing yet. Typical.

As Mr Tim knows, I'll be travelling down the M6/M1 corridor (and back) this weekend, so I could get it as far as the home counties.

Where 'bouts exactly? I work in surrey so am bombing between there and sussex most days. Alternatively, if somebody can get it to Bedford or North London that would be good as we have friendly temp. storage solutions in those places. cheers

Awesome! If it has the Paprika interior and the parcel shelf is in good nick I'd have that too, our one does (as previously suggested) have a tidemark where it's been half covered by the giffer blanket.

I did LOADSA miles in this today, to Dover and back to pick up some books. Things didn't start well as it overheated within about 5 minutes of leaving the house as I was stuck in stationary traffic for ages (and forgot to put the choke back in all the way -duh!), but I kept a careful eye on the temp gauge and it was fine the rest of the journey. It really barrels along, and now I'm a bit more used to the driving position it's actually mega comfy on a long run. Also, the DECADENT LUXURY of a tape player has been a real boon, cruising around blasting out Lisa 'Left eye' Lopez and Jonathan Richman (my tape choice is pretty limited)

Edit: If the front wing still looks as good as that now it would probably be handy to have too!

Edit: If the front wing still looks as good as that now it would probably be handy to have too!

Do you realise what a good wing for one of these is worth???!!?!?!!111!!1

It will be very handy to have indeed, not least to sell if it's not needed (making an assumption here :o ) before the car is moved on ;) .

Edit: Looks very good :) .

Back-flush the cooling system in the next week or so, it'll help flush out sludge from the radiator, the heater, and the block.  If that doesn't help enough, buy a heater matrix and place it near the front of the car close to the fan - cable ties are good :wink: - and plumb that in to the heater circuit using a length or two of heater hose.  Remember that a decent strength of antifreeze also raises the boiling point of the coolant, and that radiator caps can become tired and cause boiling before they should do... a decent cap (presuming it's a 15 psi cap) and anti-freeze combo on an early A+ series engine should see the boiling point of the coolant at around 118 degrees centigrade!

Do you realise what a good wing for one of these is worth???!!?!?!!111!!1

It will be very handy to have indeed, not least to sell if it's not needed (making an assumption here :o ) before the car is moved on ;) .

Edit: Looks very good :) .

I'll take some pictures of the whole car on Saturday and assess it's condition.

Parcel shelf is a no-no as a 306 has redesigned the roof and rear end after a 'fall'...