Autoshite lexicon

Formula Autos

One I invented recently, when I was driving home from work on the A13:

Bavaritard -  the typical British buyer/owner/driver of a new or nearly BMW or Audi. A portmanteau of Bavaria and retard. Also applies to MINI buyers/owners/drivers by association.

• 10 months later...

BNP8DTK:

Time for another update, perhaps? Could anyone please define the following:

AICMFP

SWMBO

...as well as suggest any others for possible inclusion? I need your help to keep up with the constantly evolving* verbiage on here.

Oh, and, p.s.:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/59924/50-old-british-dialect-words-incorporate-conversation

;)

AICMFP = And I claim my five pounds. After newspaper competitions, such as Lobby Lud, where readers were offered money for spotting a certain figure in public and accosting him with a passphrase. For example, "You are Lobby Lud, and I claim my five pounds."

SWMBO = She who must be obeyed, i.e. one's better half.

Both are not specific to Autoshite, they are generic internet speak.

We probably also need to add SVM, for Scottish Volvo Massive. Is there an official definition, chaps? Preferably involving the phrase 'like William Wallace but with safety bumpers'.

The Scotoshite Volvo Massive is like the A-team and the Dogs Trust rolled into one, with a side order of square sausage. Or something.

SVM: RUBBING OUR THIGHS ABOUT VOLVOS SINCE A WHILE AGO

• 10 months later...

It's actually Winter Beater of Distinction. A wreck bought for a few hundred quid in Autumn, with its last ever MoT expiring in Spring the following year.

Extra WBoD Points if it is a low slung powerful RWD and/or a floppytop of questionable reliability in cold wet weather, so Italian definitely a bonus.

I think last year's WBoDOTY award went to Ed (newkidontheblock, I miss him) for buying a shonky RX7 cabriolet, which promptly grenaded.

This year he played it safe* and bought a 200 quid Subaru Impreza that apparently ground its cylinders oval at the bottom, going by the oil consumption.