My 1988 Bluebird for sale - SOLD

retrogeezer

It's a beauty. Prob is most of have too many old commitments already so forum selling is difficult. Is love to endorse eBay but will get more interested buyers and poss more money, just can't guarantee they'll buy! Got mine on carandclassic.co.uk... Auto trader used to be good for regular cars.

I've had 7 or 8 people now that have said they want it and then let me down.  A fella was here this morning, he couldn't fault it and said how solid it was underneath where his old one was rotten. Then said ' I need to ask the wife as I have too many cars already '    

I wish I had the cash. I DO have a missus who is well up for a train ride to Crewe, a drive up to Chester, and a blast back over the highest M62 motorway in England. So I'm set.

Only missing the cash really.

Suppose that its a vital component.

Christ almighty, its scrap money, good enough to take to car shows and you're still stuck with the old girl ! I can see why people get brassed off trying to sell motors; why is it decent cars never seem to sell, yet people go mad for a pile of crap, or pay over the odds for something found in a hedge ! 

Looks a nice honest motor

Well tbh thats the problem isn't it? Its a reliable practical cheap car that isn't the kind to light any fires under anyone being offered here to a market where no-one actually needs it.

It doesn't really have qualities to make it a 'want purchase' so it has to be a 'need purchase' and if you were without wheels it would do the job with ringing bells on. 

Its one for the market place where people are in desperate need of cheap wheels, probably Gumtree or whatever, its just a question of holding your nose and dealing with them I guess.

Honestly this isn't to have a pop or anything it looks like an honest old lump and certainly good value, definitely something I'd want to stumble across when I was between cars.

The trouble is, for the general cheap car public on Gumtree, it's either too old or if you do get someone to buy it, it'll just be run into the ground (probably with no insurance) and scrapped at the next MOT. And I imagine there'll be a lot of timewasters as well.

I think shedvan has misread the title of this forum. It's not 'boringblandrunofthemillcars' - it's 'Autoshite'. This is a place for those that love old unloved cars and do 'want' cars like this.

Retrorides used to be the same but is now a 'stance' lemming.

I think shedvan has misread the title of this forum. It's not 'boringblandrunofthemillcars' - it's 'Autoshite'. This is a place for those that love old unloved cars and do 'want' cars like this.

He's a tit mate, I've had him on 'ignore' for a while now and life's a lot better without having to read the shouty drivel he types.

Not sure how you arrive at this mis-conception retrogeezer seeing as there is absolutely no basis in content for it.

I haven't commented to have a pop at you, not sure why you're taking it personally?

Well tbh thats the problem isn't it? Its a reliable practical cheap car that isn't the kind to light any fires under anyone being offered here to a market where no-one actually needs it.

It doesn't really have qualities to make it a 'want purchase'

Like I said, this forum is exactly the place where someone would 'want' this type of car regardless of whether they need it or not... :roll:

Honestly this isn't to have a pop or anything it looks like an honest old lump and certainly good value, definitely something I'd want to stumble across when I was between cars.

Honestly retrogeezer like I said I wasn't having a pop or anything and I'm sorry you've let this get to you personally.

I honestly thought that as this was a sale thread and as you were saying you've been messed around several times and so on that you might be better off trying to flog it on with a listing on Gumtree or wherever.

I'm not trying to impugn you or denigrate your car I just thought that you might want to consider other options vis a vis selling the car?

Like I said before its an honest old lump and keenly priced GLWS and again I didn't intend that you become so upset.  :roll:

I'm not upset..just pointing out this 'should' be the right place to flog a car like this. thumb.gif

It's too nice to be used as someones stop gap for a few weeks then crushed or bangered. I've taken it to shows myself and  had plenty of good comments about it. It was even on a Nissan stand at Tatton Park last year.

:)

Well I'm glad man, it wasn't meant to upset you so much at all. It wasn't meant to mock your choice of car or you personally or whatever, it was meant as a helpful bump.

Its constructive imput based on the number of people who seem to be messing you around or all those 'have no room/not needed' posts over the last 4 pages.

But if you're not in a hurry then you're probably right to wait around for a gentle home here than throwing it to the wolves on Gumtree or eBay.

And again GLWS 

I'm not upset..just pointing out this 'should' be the right place to flog a car like this. thumb.gif

It's too nice to be used as someones stop gap for a few weeks then crushed or bangered. I've taken it to shows myself and  had plenty of good comments about it. It was even on a Nissan stand at Tatton Park last year.

:)

Your'e right, this place is THE place to be selling your car.

The problem is, despite the sheer number of members, there is a  narrow band of people who visit and contribute.

You only have to look through the threads to see that most of what happens here happens because the regulars are the truest of Autoshiters and people like me, who certainly "get it", are simply not as devoted as them.

Unless one of the regulars can find a space for it you may have to sit tight until somebody like me can browbeat the missus into submission or summat.

Its not you and its not the car. You are, sort of, between a rock and a hard place, you need it gone but you dont want it to end up fucked or fragged.

Fair play to you for not taking the easy option ( over the bridge) sumfink will turn up, im sure.

Good luck!

No more than 800, actually... the other 16,000 'registered members' have fewer than 3 posts and are almost certainly spam accounts.

Isnt that the point I was making? 800 members and bugger all interest apart from the fella being messed about.

Actually, 800 members is not an inconsiderable sum is it? There are reams of forums that would love to have half that membership!

Id be suprised if, out of those 800 more than twenty post on a regular basis.

From what ive seen, a lot of the chod that comes up for sale is sold "in house" like the Rover was to six cylinder, the Bluebird to Retrogeezer etc.

He needs to hang on till he gets a bite and he is more likely to sell it back to the "family" than to somebody outside of it.

I actually worked out the cost of getting a train up to him, ,worked out Insurance etc.

The thing is, as ive said, I cant get it past the wife so im not prepared to dick the man about and waste his time, there is way too much of that, its the last thing he needs.

Is there nobody who has storage on here? Maybe somebody has a space for the car to go and get parked in until its sold?