Jump to content

The Bikeshite Thread


Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, twosmoke300 said:

He sucks the cool right out of motorcycling 

 

at no stage could he suck anything even remotely

it was mainly because i got home and put tv on and worlds greatest motorcycle rides was on

he was doing new zealand :(

where was i supposed to be 3 weeks ago

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thundercat breezed the mot yesterday and now I have all 4 of my bikes all fully road legal and rideable . That doesn’t happen very often . 
Celebrated by booking another track day , Brands GP , for the end of July 😁

Thats two booked this year so far - would like to do donny again too this year . I think I have a problem 

Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.9f3901aedd67d83b536327bd02ae9523.png

Derek Rickman, 1964. One half of the famous Rickman brothers makers of bespoke frames for motorbikes, which, through complicated pathways, is still with us as 'Metisse'. Rickman also made the well known 'Ranger' range of faux 4x4 Suzuki look-a-likey kit cars.

Link to post
Share on other sites

so seeing as the CT125 isnt coming here and i wasnt looking at importing one..........

theres a place in yorkshire that imports jdm bikes and cars and had a look through their stuff but they have a list of stuff arriving

there was a ct110 :D - sold tho

but lots of zoomers - wonder who buys all those lots of serows and cubs and the mini cubs - like a c90 but smaller wheels - he has one for sale and has more coming but he wants 3750 for it 😮 - they look odd cos of the smaller wheels

apparently according to internet theyve got 30 ct125 modern ones coming but they want 4500 for them - theyre not listed on the site yet so how true that is i dont know

still too steep and bringing one from thai is still a grand cheaper

but they have kawasaki 250tr - now uncle pat had a ftr 223 honda

HONDAFTR223-1403_2.jpg

which i wanted and still want (been 10 years) but he sold it and i couldnt buy it at the time

but ive always wanted the kawasaki version

939745747781.jpg?mode=max&quality=90&sca

they have a weird black one with a red seat and one like that ^^ only orange instead of green

but they ask too much for them when they appear

hopefully this lot wont

https://www.sevenseasmotors.com/bike-detail/Honda-CB400SS-11500/

this want too

Link to post
Share on other sites

Skipinder.thumb.jpg.1472d1586a035d3c5ed870a89bbfa3e5.jpg

Bought this Interceptor yesterday, it's flipping charming!  I've been procrastinating about buying a little plodder bike for at least 4 years but never did anything about it; last week I had a bit of an incident (long story short, I thought I was about to have a heart attack but it's just a stress-related issue), so I took this week off and have been doing whatever I like, which has included eating a lot of cake and buying said plodder.  

It's an easy-going thing, reminds me of the YBR125 I started on but with enough power to be a bit of a knob... I've already overtaken a dithering Mokka and outdragged a powerful American car off the lights (if a Chrysler Voyager can be described as such).  I'd read much about weak brakes, poor suspension and low-rent fittings, but it's all absolutely fine if you ride it in the manner intended (and I'm a lithe 16 stone, maybe more after all that cake).  Motor is torquey and makes a great noise, paint and chrome perfect.  I've bought it with the intention of keeping it for good - unlike the Kwak H2 SX I still have on lease (which I now regret but it's too expensive to get out of).  There's nowt wrong with that bike but it's uninvolving at legal speeds, it's like a superweapon invented for a war that never came.  I can rag the Enfield and feel like a bit of a hero without any threat of prison.

Came with this welcome kit too which was a nice touch.

Welcome.thumb.jpg.d8fc66d51513ecef30d407b0476df3c0.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, thatsmacar said:

Like that but don't like spokey wheels or chain drive.  I know I'm awkward. I also like my fairings for wind protection as I ride to work as well.

Is it really that good?

Don't think I could recommend it as a year-round commuter, as you say there's no weather protection and I have seen a couple of winter-used examples starting to corrode in various spots.  Give one a try, the dealer was very eager to get me on it - he had that "ha ha, I'll start doing the paperwork now" grin on his face as he gave me the keys.  I'd be out on it now, but the 1st service is at 300 miles and I've already used most of that just doddering about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2021 at 8:08 PM, hairnet said:

so seeing as the CT125 isnt coming here and i wasnt looking at importing one..........

theres a place in yorkshire that imports jdm bikes and cars and had a look through their stuff but they have a list of stuff arriving

there was a ct110 :D - sold tho

but lots of zoomers - wonder who buys all those lots of serows and cubs and the mini cubs - like a c90 but smaller wheels - he has one for sale and has more coming but he wants 3750 for it 😮 - they look odd cos of the smaller wheels

apparently according to internet theyve got 30 ct125 modern ones coming but they want 4500 for them - theyre not listed on the site yet so how true that is i dont know

still too steep and bringing one from thai is still a grand cheaper

but they have kawasaki 250tr - now uncle pat had a ftr 223 honda

HONDAFTR223-1403_2.jpg

which i wanted and still want (been 10 years) but he sold it and i couldnt buy it at the time

but ive always wanted the kawasaki version

939745747781.jpg?mode=max&quality=90&sca

they have a weird black one with a red seat and one like that ^^ only orange instead of green

but they ask too much for them when they appear

hopefully this lot wont

https://www.sevenseasmotors.com/bike-detail/Honda-CB400SS-11500/

this want too

Why don't you buy a second hand ftr? Looked at a couple of clean ones a while back and they were around £2200 which I thought was fair. They fall under the radar of most people. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hairnet said:

Which makes them not worth the money asked cos noone knows what they are

Hang on I'm confused. I think they are cheap for what they are. Sideburn sold one not too long ago that had loads of mods done on it and that was around the 2g mark as well. Seems a bargain if you ask me. The potential to make them look like a full on flat tracker as well is a major selling point for me. I'm sure they would even be a good bike to learn to flat track on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tom13 said:

Why don't you buy a second hand ftr? Looked at a couple of clean ones a while back and they were around £2200 which I thought was fair. They fall under the radar of most people. 

Suzuki Big Boy? Ridiculous name aside it’s a similar sort of thing and looks to be a GN250 in an attractive frock. 
 

23D56DA2-C4FD-4A2D-8EF6-3D224543BEA3.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jazoli said:

Just get out on the bloody thing, a couple of hundred miles extra on brand new oil isn't going to make the slightest difference :)

My Enfield dealer here told me not to bring my Himalayan in for the 500km (300 mile) first service until it had done around 800kms. 

Now done 10,000 miles and its been fine, had none of the isdues some other owners report (stalling, weeping oil from thd head and notchy head race bearings), and it has been ridden hard. Only cleaned it twice in two years, and even the spokes are still shiny. 

I've a Triumph Street Triple that I absolutely hate-lovely sweet engine and it handles great, but it is really uncomfortable after about 20 minutes. Just cannot live with it any longer.

As soon as I am allowed to cross into Murcia, I'm going to look at seeing what deal they will do against an Interceptor. I hate selling bikes, so trading it in works better for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

My Enfield dealer here told me not to bring my Himalayan in for the 500km (300 mile) first service until it had done around 800kms. 

Now done 10,000 miles and its been fine, had none of the isdues some other owners report (stalling, weeping oil from thd head and notchy head race bearings), and it has been ridden hard. Only cleaned it twice in two years, and even the spokes are still shiny. 

I've a Triumph Street Triple that I absolutely hate-lovely sweet engine and it handles great, but it is really uncomfortable after about 20 minutes. Just cannot live with it any longer.

As soon as I am allowed to cross into Murcia, I'm going to look at seeing what deal they will do against an Interceptor. I hate selling bikes, so trading it in works better for me.

I had a street triple r, it was fantastic for 30 minutes at a time, then really uncomfortable, it was great on track though, I had an interceptor demo when my Z900RS was being serviced last year, I think I'll buy one in a couple of years when my pcp deal ends.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jazoli said:

I had a street triple r, it was fantastic for 30 minutes at a time, then really uncomfortable, it was great on track though, I had an interceptor demo when my Z900RS was being serviced last year, I think I'll buy one in a couple of years when my pcp deal ends.

Was hoping to get the Street Triple onto a trackday or two at Carteghena, as I suspected it would be great there, but although they are still having trackdays, I can't cross the border.

My mate had the 675 and now has the 765, and he has had no problem with comfort on either. It was partly his glowing praise of the 675 that made me buy it. Shame, as ot would be perfect if i was the right dimensions for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2021 at 5:24 PM, DodgyBastard said:

 

 


Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk
 

 

Aha so it's you,seen your posts in the mz group pages,top purchase,my first bike was an ETZ125,passed my test on it,and I've been riding MZs ever since :-)

my current MZ,5 years with me this year,which is a record lol

 

 

IMG_20200520_201902348.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...