The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Probably completely overthinking here but looking at booking my big boy bike test and the courses around me seem to have a few days gap between the training and the actual test. Don't think I'm likely to forget everything in those few days am I 🤷‍♂️

In related news, hopefully picking up a VFR750 next week to use as a first bike! 

On 5/6/2023 at 9:19 AM, Jerzy Woking said:

There is a big increase in ULEZ zones here in Spain (three local cities are going to have them), plus there are more and more popping up all across  Europe.

So, waved goodbye to the (non compliant) Deauville 650, and said hello to a new NC750X.

Did the first 1000kms in 6 days to get the first service done, and in the 600kms since I have sorted the uncomfortable seat, and worked out the dash settings.

I like it-so torquey compared to the Deauville, and 89mpg achieved. Also the first bike I have had with rider modes where I can tell the difference between each one. I change it to "Sport" for every ride, as default is normal. Whether it will ever go into rain mode here is doubtful.

Off next week to Czechia, meeting up with mates from the UK near Vichy in France, then heading easy to South East of Brno to meet up at a bikers event we have been attending since 2009. 

Just hope I can ride it for 12 hours a day in comfort. The Deauville was boring, but by god it was comfortable.

20230412_161324.thumb.jpg.c3c9a4e0e197aa7bde8aa4628a8a33b9.jpg

wasin ballymena looking at new hornet and saw one of these that colour

goldwing too

not so bad - lot of money new tho

image.thumb.png.5a516de095d9a48de657cb726f182cd6.png

Motorcycle action group (MAG), March 1980, campaigning against the laws on crash helmets. 'We are not against crash helmets themselves. We are against the compulsion to wear them, it’s all a matter of freedom of choice' -  spokesman Fred Hill who organised the demonstration.

Personally, I think he is wrong.

On 5/4/2023 at 12:50 PM, Stinkwheel said:

Have actually ridden one of these. Many Years ago (about 25) the bike shop i worked for had 'an evening with Phil Read' as he was still alive back then and still talking anyone who would listens ear off about how he was better than ago and hailwood etc and it was all down to him that yamahas did so well with 2 strokes etc etc, anyway, there were also a number of interesting MV's and the like about, as well as Foggys TT OwO1, which i also had a little go on.

The noise those MV fours make is purely magical and will make hair stand up on the neck (if they dont, check your pulse for alive-ness)

PLAY LOUD

27 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

May be an image of 1 person, motorcycle, dirt bike and text

Which might almost certainly won't lead you to the burning question: Can you fit three Kawasaki Z200s into a Peugeot Partner van? Let's find out...

May be an image of dirt bike, helicopter and text

Good work, amazes me where you turn this stuff up, I'd quite possibly be interested in the deadest one (most budget friendly!)

Did the GSXS tyre yesterday evening - after it picked up a clout last week. Fought me a bit, but got it done.

Went out on the TG300S and the back was a bit wayward, rear tyre shot on that [slick in the centre] just went out to the workshop and did that,  that as I bought a replacement in the winter. More to take apart than the GSXS, but everything was straight forward - the tyre itself was amazingly easy - old one came off no fuss and the new one went on no muss.

8 hours ago, tom13 said:

I'm going to have to disagree completely here sorry. 

That's ok. Everyone is different and no harm in that. I love the simplicity of them. Modern, plastic bikes can go run off a very high cliff, like modern cars. 

On 12/05/2023 at 19:59, martc said:

image.thumb.png.5a516de095d9a48de657cb726f182cd6.png

Motorcycle action group (MAG), March 1980, campaigning against the laws on crash helmets. 'We are not against crash helmets themselves. We are against the compulsion to wear them, it’s all a matter of freedom of choice' -  spokesman Fred Hill who organised the demonstration.

Personally, I think he is wrong.

Given the dick heads who ride electric scooters (illegally) in shorts and flip flops, I honestly believe that making laws to force people to do things or not do things is pointless. Especially if you can't be arsed to pay enough police to encoraged compliance. 

Education and propoganda may work better.  Or not. 

6 hours ago, andyberg said:

Welcome back😁

Thanks. Nice morning out at Hunstanton today.. about 40 other bikers out, a bit of a group rip around and then an all day breakfast. That's another 150 miles on it, and a lot of fun.

How did I stay away from bikes for 30 years?

6 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

I doubt even Kawasaki wanted to!

I think the point about being a manufacturer, is that you don't want to own them, you want other people to pay you to own them. 

8 hours ago, New POD said:

@MikeR didn't you have one once? 

yes , brill bike , slow but a plodder and good on the fuel , bit like riding a moped but with a big engine ..

I still have the starter motor cog and chain hung up in the garage ...

On 3/4/2023 at 9:47 PM, RayMK said:

My son was looking to replace his Honda NC750x because he was finding it increasingly difficult to swing his leg over.  His hip joints are a bit knackered after many years of riding pedal cycles and sometimes falling off them.  Retro styled bikes are so much easier to get aboard as they don't have the 'arse in the air,' pillion seat upstairs styling nonsense.  He has test ridden several retro styled bikes in recent months, including the Royal Enfield Interceptor, Classic and Meteor 350, plus a BSA Goldstar more recently and liked them all but the Goldstar really impressed him with its characterful, punchy single cylinder but remarkably smooth running engine.  He therefore ordered a black and chrome Goldstar a couple of weeks ago from  a nearby dealer and picked it up today, the Honda going as part exchange.

Now he can't stop grinning and absolutely loves the BSA. Whereas the Honda was a modern soul-less, efficient tourer, the BSA contrasts with character, good looks, good price, decent warranty and is actually fun to ride.  I am jealous. I can't even get on my Peugeot moped which I've owned from new (1967).

Photos: Out with the new (Honda) and in with the new retro BSA.

1302971990_Screenshot2023-03-04at16_50_06.png

May I just say Just say JAMMY GIT!!!!! Bloody GAWJUS