The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

3 minutes ago, twosmoke300 said:

Yeh it’s the same frame n swing arm . It’s a shame about the ugly duckling styling but it’s growing on me and makes them cheap .

You can fit tzr tanks and bodywork but not many left now 

Must be a fun thing to slap about. Know a fella who put a dommy lump in a 250 aprilla frame and he always said it was a bunch of fun 🤩 Do fancy a track day. Must tick that off my list. 

4 minutes ago, Rustybullethole said:

Must be a fun thing to slap about. Know a fella who put a dommy lump in a 250 aprilla frame and he always said it was a bunch of fun 🤩 Do fancy a track day. Must tick that off my list. 

Do it ! I’d avoid the No Limits ones if you can . They are well organised but a few egos about .

I do a few with the classic bike trackday lot and they seem great and the paddock is like a museum .

Did Pembrey last week with Phil Bevan and that was good too .

Llandow is with Track Demons who are from cornwall too apparently.

Let me know if you want some company when you decide to do one . Dunno where you are but can pick you up on the way if you are down south / west 

57 minutes ago, twosmoke300 said:

Do it ! I’d avoid the No Limits ones if you can . They are well organised but a few egos about .

I do a few with the classic bike trackday lot and they seem great and the paddock is like a museum .

Did Pembrey last week with Phil Bevan and that was good too .

Llandow is with Track Demons who are from cornwall too apparently.

Let me know if you want some company when you decide to do one . Dunno where you are but can pick you up on the way if you are down south / west 

Am south though easterly in London. Have family out west so could work out.  What to use…. R6 could firmly put me in no limits territory am thinking the cb 500 as that handles sweet though heart says fix the tdr. Hmmmm. 
Heard good stuff about the classic events, mates done a few on his 70’s guzzi. Defo an itch that needs a scratch. 

1 hour ago, Rustybullethole said:

Am south though easterly in London. Have family out west so could work out.  What to use…. R6 could firmly put me in no limits territory am thinking the cb 500 as that handles sweet though heart says fix the tdr. Hmmmm. 
Heard good stuff about the classic events, mates done a few on his 70’s guzzi. Defo an itch that needs a scratch. 

Still plenty days these year . I’d be happy for an excuse to do another 😂

6 minutes ago, twosmoke300 said:

I’m not being fair to No Limits really . They run a smooth day really . But they aren’t too fussy about putting known racers in novice groups . 
Quickest bikes at most days are CB500’s ! 
Take what ever you feel comfortable on . 

I think id have the most fun on the cb. R6 is a tool though so am I when I ride it.

Step son recently finished his masters in aerospace engineering. He has just left with his specialized hybrid. He's cycling to Newcastle to get a 7 o'clock train from Edinburgh. From there he's cycling to Aberdeen then Inverness sleeping rough in a small tent as he goes. He's done this shit a few times before but always with mates, never alone. One of his mates did it on a very early 80's mountain bike. It weighed a ton!

He reckons he'll do 6 or 700 miles and he'll see me Sunday.

Borders show was cancelled the weekend so we went out for a ride on the Saturday instead. The four of us made a strange group all together.

The Busa is an import from the states with quite a few modifications to increase power. It was clocked at 208mph over there by all accounts. You can imagine that cruising along with a TS185.IMG_20220910_125211292_HDR.thumb.jpg.4c2f20dfe2debcdf1ba643fd257f56bd.jpg

@tom13 love the TS, that yours? Bought a mint Ts Er 185 for my old work for 400 quid years back which got ridden till it’s death. So wish I’d kept it for my self but hey.

Ze German my s coming back together. Dark out now so that’s it’s for this evenings flurry of spanner twidling. 
422CE028-B3B2-432D-BA73-D76DBCD14545.thumb.jpeg.c3332e2234789e97c22fdc7a91a45987.jpeg

HOpefully the rain holds off and can do more tomorrow night after work.

I’ve had my Triumph 955 since 2019, and have never really been  completely happy with it, it felt ponderous and nowhere near as nimble as my old CBR. It actually felt unstable at heavy lean angles, I could easily get my knee down on my old bike so it wasn’t necessarily down to lack of ability on my point. 

Anyway I thought I’d narrowed it down to the stem bearings so I gave it the once over. The top bearing was fine, the bottom one was ok but pretty dry. A bloody good grease and an tweak on the adjuster nut and it’s been transformed. Should have done the fork seals too but they are easily removed once I’ve bought the seals and the oil. 

On 9/13/2022 at 11:53 AM, tom13 said:

Borders show was cancelled the weekend so we went out for a ride on the Saturday instead. The four of us made a strange group all together.

The Busa is an import from the states with quite a few modifications to increase power. It was clocked at 208mph over there by all accounts. You can imagine that cruising along with a TS185.

Love the old TS, have a 185ER which is a proper rattly old thing that keeps deciding various things (mostly electrical) shouldn't work, but it's great fun.

38 minutes ago, Rustybullethole said:

Gotta love an nc 

and even with comfort seat only squirmed a little bit twice

the not straight bit near shap (say it every time) gotta be the nicest bit of motorway in uk? (bit like the autoroute down towards nice - same kinda bumpy bits)

On 9/11/2022 at 8:49 AM, twosmoke300 said:

Good to know . I wasn’t intending going inside the motor ( yet ) just jetting and exhaust etc. Apparently the szr silencer is very restrictive . I’ve got an old Supertrapp that I will try on it first . 
Good to know a trusted name on those engines though if I do get more serious about it . 

I remember Steve designing and machining up an air cooled clutch on his 660 racer. Took many hours of work and more than a few quid in parts. 

It was rubbish, it either slipped or dragged. Standard clutch refitted, air cooled clutch in the parts bin.

• 2 weeks later...