M7 shut due to accident and long enugf there's people out their cars sunbathing

Filtered to the front stopped

Was gonna ask road fellas if stuff was ok they let front go 

Back to 130 kmh

Hit ferry 10mins before they closed the gates 

IMG_20220829_143750718.jpg

IMG_20220829_142937687_HDR.jpg

On 8/27/2022 at 6:44 PM, Psycho Charlie Knobcheese said:

Think this may be of some interest on a few of you on here.

Its been garaged at my mothers for 20 odd years and with the best will in the world I’m never going to get around to doing anything with it.

Would be interested on what people think it’s worth In it’s present condition.

1982 Kawasaki GPz 750R1. 
Only made for a couple of years before the UniTrack model came in so relatively rare.

Starter clutch is knackered/slips and is a bit of a bastard of a job and is a common problem on the Z650 based engine and bigger.

Was using a fair bit of oil when I took it off the road which I put down to the valve guide seals having gone hard.

My plan was to drop in a much later engine from a Zr7 which was still being made new in the early 2000’s as well as a stubby Harris 4-1 as the Motad that’s on it sits too low to my eyes.

Will obviously need recommissioning but cosmetically it’s in decent nick and brakes are binding a bit but still rolls freely around.

Engine turns over and could be rebuilt as all parts still available.

Was my sole transport for a couple of years and I even moved to Brighton on it from the West Midlands with nothing more than a rucksack of clothes- Oh to be 23 again…

I’m quite sentimentally attached to it hence holding onto it for so long but being realistic it’ll just sit garaged forever.

I couldn’t afford a proper Z1000R ELR back then but if you squint it’s not far off.

Simpson Bandit and a paddock jacket and it’s 1986… 

@tom13 

1754EED7-E846-4C4F-B027-505F8EDB8CB6.jpeg

E6619090-51F1-4AD3-9913-73492D1CD04A.jpeg

BA6F9703-0CEF-486D-A1B5-05DA1505EDEA.jpeg

EB731892-3EE0-478A-84DC-17911F452B42.jpeg

C2522850-B976-49AD-B1C7-79D4B85AD5EF.jpeg

That is an ace looking bike but stuff isn't selling very well at all at the moment. That with the work that is needed will drop the price down I would have thought.

I bet it would make ok money on Ebay for people looking for a project bike or spares. Might be worth holding onto it until next spring though. Hopefully cost of living settles and you will get a for a decent amount.

On 27/08/2022 at 18:44, Psycho Charlie Knobcheese said:

Think this may be of some interest on a few of you on here.

Its been garaged at my mothers for 20 odd years and with the best will in the world I’m never going to get around to doing anything with it.

Would be interested on what people think it’s worth In it’s present condition.

1982 Kawasaki GPz 750R1. 
Only made for a couple of years before the UniTrack model came in so relatively rare.

Starter clutch is knackered/slips and is a bit of a bastard of a job and is a common problem on the Z650 based engine and bigger.

Was using a fair bit of oil when I took it off the road which I put down to the valve guide seals having gone hard.

My plan was to drop in a much later engine from a Zr7 which was still being made new in the early 2000’s as well as a stubby Harris 4-1 as the Motad that’s on it sits too low to my eyes.

Will obviously need recommissioning but cosmetically it’s in decent nick and brakes are binding a bit but still rolls freely around.

Engine turns over and could be rebuilt as all parts still available.

Was my sole transport for a couple of years and I even moved to Brighton on it from the West Midlands with nothing more than a rucksack of clothes- Oh to be 23 again…

I’m quite sentimentally attached to it hence holding onto it for so long but being realistic it’ll just sit garaged forever.

I couldn’t afford a proper Z1000R ELR back then but if you squint it’s not far off.

Simpson Bandit and a paddock jacket and it’s 1986… 

@tom13 

1754EED7-E846-4C4F-B027-505F8EDB8CB6.jpeg

E6619090-51F1-4AD3-9913-73492D1CD04A.jpeg

BA6F9703-0CEF-486D-A1B5-05DA1505EDEA.jpeg

EB731892-3EE0-478A-84DC-17911F452B42.jpeg

C2522850-B976-49AD-B1C7-79D4B85AD5EF.jpeg

If you squint enough it looks like the Z500 that @MikeR sold me in 1986. 

The loudest vehicle I've ever owned, with its 4 into 1 ansa  and cut down baffles. 

47 minutes ago, New POD said:

If you squint enough it looks like the Z500 that @MikeR sold me in 1986. 

The loudest vehicle I've ever owned, with its 4 into 1 ansa  and cut down baffles. 

a 750 version !!   , the 500 could do 120 on a empty motorway on the way to work , so a mate told me ......

3 hours ago, Sir Chocolate Teapot said:

Possible collection happening later.

Always wanted a gs. 

local and cheap.

After divorce and selling everything last year i want to cheer myself up a bit.

Same here, always wanted one, could never bring myself to get one. Had plenty boxers and liked them a lot, but something has always stopped me..  watching with interest!

10 minutes ago, Sir Chocolate Teapot said:

You can't fool everyone.

IMG_20220831_190329.thumb.jpg.eff34a3ec25071959fbec2189f4b04e9.jpg

My budget only goes so far.

£490.  12k miles.

Not as good as pics suggest, but not bad for 24 years old.

Bring on next fuel crisis.

I reckon a big lunch in that top box and you could wheelie for miles! 50% saving in tyres..

9 minutes ago, Sir Chocolate Teapot said:

You can't fool everyone.

IMG_20220831_190329.thumb.jpg.eff34a3ec25071959fbec2189f4b04e9.jpg

My budget only goes so far.

£490.  12k miles.

Not as good as pics suggest, but not bad for 24 years old.

Bring on next fuel crisis.

For an old GS that is a bargain, well bought that man. I quite fancy something like this. My Chinese scooter is ok, but I would much rather have an 80s/90s jap 125. All the ones I see tho are twice the price you paid and more.

This is getting stupid now. Dont come to Edinburgh on a bike. American tourist had his bike stolen the other day, and 2 German bikers had their GS's stolen last week. The scrotes dont wear helmets so the police wont chase them... they bait the cops popping wheelies past the patrol cars. Bikers are gonna start taking the law into their own hands.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/crime/edinburgh-crime-news-motorcycle-instructor-in-the-capital-set-upon-by-group-of-youths-in-balaclavas-as-they-try-to-kick-him-off-his-bike-3825688

Your cat is sitting on the GT as a subliminal way of telling to you sell it to me. The bike that is.

Meanwhile...

May be an image of motorcycle, outdoors and text that says "lexmoto"

May be an image of motorcycle and outdoors

He said it wouldn't start (flat battery, been sat a while) but put the boost pack on and it went first press of the button. Side panel missing , but @UltraWomble says the Mutt and the AJS Cadwell are the same, so fingers crossed one will turn up.

6 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Your cat is sitting on the GT as a subliminal way of telling to you sell it to me. The bike that is.

Meanwhile...

May be an image of motorcycle, outdoors and text that says "lexmoto"

He said it wouldn't start (flat battery, been sat a while) but put the boost pack on and it went first press of the button. Side panel missing , but @UltraWomble says the Mutt and the AJS Cadwell are the same, so fingers crossed one will turn up.

You will have a very long wait chap, the GT isn't for selling. Brings a massive smile to my face every time I ride it. The cat however....

I do like these modern Chinese copies* of old bikes. Sometimes I think about chopping the scooter in for one, mainly because as I scooter rider I am inferior to others 🙄

There is a chap that comes the opposite way to me as I go to work, usually I don't get a nod but the other day I took the GT to work and, would you believe it he nodded back. I shan't be nodding to him anymore😡

Finally name it to the Sammy Miller Museum on the second attempt. Well worth it.Excellent. Then went on to Beulieu Museum. £27 to get in !!! Also dropped the bike on a cattle grid in the New Forest in the pouring rain. Them grids are lethal. Took 3 folk to get it upright again. Luckily I was only doing about 1mph at the time as I was approaching a junction. Smashed an HT cap and plug. Just stuck the HT lead onto what remained of the plug and all was well.1c8a0b3cf1736403acc9db05d0cb3fca.jpg

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

On 3/9/2022 at 5:42 PM, Cavcraft said:

Bertrand at Dolwolfian Logistics:  07974 410416.  Charges £109 for all of England and £139 for Scotland, absolutely brilliant service and one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.

Just to add from this old thread that Bertrand is indeed THE MAN......got an RF900 safely and very cheaply from Derby to Scrabster Harbour so I could take it back home to Orkney. 

He arrived early and made sure it started and confirmed my berth on the return ferry as I only had a 30 min turnaround! Mega communications and ultra helpful.

Honestly, look no further and I do not hand out recommendations very often!

Pembrey was surprisingly dry and good to be back there . Fantastic track . 
Used the Thundercat for the first session as it was damp in places and it has more road biased tyres . 
Swapped to the 660 after that tho . Soooo much better in the corners . Managed to get my left knee down for the first time ever too 😂

All booked for Llandow on Thursday and the forecast looks good at the moment so fingers crossed . 

That will prob do for the season then . Only 5 this year but I’ve got a couple of away trips on the enduro bike planned next month and you can’t do them all . 

660 is going in for a refresh over winter . Mainly just getting all the road kit off and uncorking the motor a bit . The suspension is bang on now . Keep grounding out the exhaust now 😂😂😂

681F6254-85B3-4007-AE4B-0D49534087DB.jpeg

FDDB3003-AC58-4540-9C51-FE3111480222.jpeg

C0A09F40-A97E-4055-9FBC-3C915C00B4D0.jpeg

KC and the Sunshine Bus is looking very tired, so a very half-arsed experiment was carried out. Replica SS50 tank doesn't fit well enough for it to every really work, plus the fuel tap is on the right on the KC, though a bit of extra pipe would have fixed that... 

Think original tank plus that seat unit (with something in between) will be the answer, plus a different headlight and maybe drops. Also somewhere have a dirt cheap generic expansion pipe kicking about somewhere, might see if that can be fitted. 

10 hours ago, twosmoke300 said:

Pembrey was surprisingly dry and good to be back there . Fantastic track . 
Used the Thundercat for the first session as it was damp in places and it has more road biased tyres . 
Swapped to the 660 after that tho . Soooo much better in the corners . Managed to get my left knee down for the first time ever too 😂

All booked for Llandow on Thursday and the forecast looks good at the moment so fingers crossed . 

That will prob do for the season then . Only 5 this year but I’ve got a couple of away trips on the enduro bike planned next month and you can’t do them all . 

660 is going in for a refresh over winter . Mainly just getting all the road kit off and uncorking the motor a bit . The suspension is bang on now . Keep grounding out the exhaust now 😂😂😂

681F6254-85B3-4007-AE4B-0D49534087DB.jpeg

FDDB3003-AC58-4540-9C51-FE3111480222.jpeg

C0A09F40-A97E-4055-9FBC-3C915C00B4D0.jpeg

Had my 660 engine rebuilt by Steve Ruth in Acton, Suffolk. What he does not know about tuning the 660 motor isn't worth knowing.

Our Supermono racer also tuned by Steve, and did 2 seasons racing without any mishaps at all. Tuned for reliability than outright power, but you don't win sat at the side of the track.

7 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Had my 660 engine rebuilt by Steve Ruth in Acton, Suffolk. What he does not know about tuning the 660 motor isn't worth knowing.

Our Supermono racer also tuned by Steve, and did 2 seasons racing without any mishaps at all. Tuned for reliability than outright power, but you don't win sat at the side of the track.

Good to know . I wasn’t intending going inside the motor ( yet ) just jetting and exhaust etc. Apparently the szr silencer is very restrictive . I’ve got an old Supertrapp that I will try on it first . 
Good to know a trusted name on those engines though if I do get more serious about it . 

7 minutes ago, twosmoke300 said:

Now with added noise ! 

Tick over has risen and certainly revs quicker so will be good to see how it goes on Thursday . The standard can is notoriously restrictive apparently 

Always liked these.  If they had styled them like the Belgarda TZR125’s that were around at a similar time I reckon they would have sold a lot more.

Frame and swingarm look very similar 

5D0314B9-1B26-42CD-B3FD-00E4C533F2F6.jpeg