The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

That’s the 660 and kit ready for Mallory on Sunday . Better give the Thundercat a once over morro I suppose . Going up with a mate and his TZR 250 so a full yammy van .

Got stiffer springs and a revalve on the 660 suspension so looking forward to trying it . 
If it’s all good then it’s gonna get a winter makeover to get rid of the terrible rear fairing etc .

Dont suppose anyone has any one on here has any single seat/ race seat units they wanna sell ? 

13C456BE-D209-4532-BFFD-CD87E4F431E2.jpeg

18 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

Is it an Aprilia? Pegaso 125? The engine at least will be the same as an RS125.

It's a Pegaso 125,they pop up occasionally but will have been thrashed and probably dead.

Same with Tdr,Dt or any other bike with off road abilities,or pretensions..

I have a long throw crank for the Yamaha 3yf engine tucked away somewhere. 

It was used in a race motor back when Super Mono was a thing.

It takes a standard bore engine upto around 700cc iirc 

2 hours ago, twosmoke300 said:

Not sure if that’s good news or not ? 
Bastards 

Apparently if I want it back without progressing with insurance I'm liable for recovery, storage and release costs. If I proceed with the claim it's being handled by a claims management company with awful reviews. Stuck between a rock and a hard place I guess. Will have to wait until Monday to find out more.

A good time was had . Used the 660 all day . She’s earnt her place on the fleet . The cornering is awesome ! 
Knee down for the first time in about 22 years . Was dragging most the way round Gerrards by the end of the day . 
Took the cat as spare bike and my mate on the tzr used it in the morning because his tyres were lethal in the wet . 

FA84EB0F-4235-447B-AC49-9760BDDB15E8.jpeg

867D82B7-D078-4C38-82EA-6BA34006CD97.jpeg

800E05C0-435E-46AB-A073-6F44E4D59749.jpeg

On 7/30/2022 at 5:24 PM, Youngteam said:

Apparently if I want it back without progressing with insurance I'm liable for recovery, storage and release costs. If I proceed with the claim it's being handled by a claims management company with awful reviews. Stuck between a rock and a hard place I guess. Will have to wait until Monday to find out more.

What was the news on this? At least they aren't profiting from it and maybe they were caught. Sucks about the predicament that you are left in.

The ('new') little Yam passed it's MOT today, here it is with some of the others. 

May be an image of motorcycle, outdoors and brick wall

The engine is coming out of the Honda as the bottom end is bollocksed, have a Chinese 49cc lump to throw in for now, of which it must be absolutely impossible to be slower than the current motor. Whoever said the SS was a rival to the FS1E and AP50 is a liar.

26 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

The ('new') little Yam passed it's MOT today, here it is with some of the others. 

May be an image of motorcycle, outdoors and brick wall

The engine is coming out of the Honda as the bottom end is bollocksed, have a Chinese 49cc lump to throw in for now, of which it must be absolutely impossible to be slower than the current motor. Whoever said the SS was a rival to the FS1E and AP50 is a liar.

The 16 year old me would of had a trouser accident looking at that picture...

Some quality bikes there, most with a proper engine too 😁

7 hours ago, tom13 said:

What was the news on this? At least they aren't profiting from it and maybe they were caught. Sucks about the predicament that you are left in.

Not got much detail to be honest but sounds like wiring damage where they've butchered it to fit an immobiliser bypass and from what was described to me over the phone, damage to the rear and right side where it's been wheelied too far and dropped. I imagine it'll be written off given it isn't worth a great deal in the first place, but got to wait and see.

10 hours ago, Youngteam said:

Not got much detail to be honest but sounds like wiring damage where they've butchered it to fit an immobiliser bypass and from what was described to me over the phone, damage to the rear and right side where it's been wheelied too far and dropped. I imagine it'll be written off given it isn't worth a great deal in the first place, but got to wait and see.

Ah that sucks. Maybe they will offer it back to you dirt cheap and you could repair it.

I've bought a big 'ol widowmaker murdercycle:

Pandamonium.thumb.jpg.89f628924e3e706da438cf51765bac37.jpg

Ha, it looks bigger than that Fiesta!  Of course it isn't really, it just weighs more.  Had a lovely ride through Wales on the way home from buying it, it was great for that.  Took it into Reading today, when the football was on - it was fucking hopeless there, the engine doubles as a space heater and any attempt to filter was embarrassingly cut short by the width of it.  Still love it though.

24 minutes ago, Fat_Pirate said:

I've bought a big 'ol widowmaker murdercycle:

Pandamonium.thumb.jpg.89f628924e3e706da438cf51765bac37.jpg

Ha, it looks bigger than that Fiesta!  Of course it isn't really, it just weighs more.  Had a lovely ride through Wales on the way home from buying it, it was great for that.  Took it into Reading today, when the football was on - it was fucking hopeless there, the engine doubles as a space heater and any attempt to filter was embarrassingly cut short by the width of it.  Still love it though.

Since selling the Z900RS I've been idly looking at these, it's amazing they have been out 20 years but still look fresh-ish. 

3 hours ago, hairnet said:

Hai

Screenshot_20220806-192622.png

IMG_20220806_192532129.jpg

IMG_20220806_182320188.jpg

How are you finding the NC? Tempted by this cheap one on eBay though the ABS light worries me

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115478837886?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=NLACJ1dTRQi&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=X5XyWJtgTlq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

1 hour ago, Iamgroot said:

I like the idea of a pan, that looks quite a modern one?!..

It's 19 years old!  It's not in any way sporty, (@Jazoli would be disappointed after a Z900RS), it demands smooth and measured inputs but there's a satisfaction to be had doing that.  I was expecting this to replace the increasingly-tatty VFR I've had for 10 years but it's a completely different experience.

Amazing!, But then I think about earlier ones, comparatively that looks like a spaceship, it's very nice and still a proper looking motorcycle, not like all these insect looking things with a beer mat at best for a pillion seat they are producing now (with some notable exceptions)

9 hours ago, Fat_Pirate said:

It's 19 years old!  It's not in any way sporty, (@Jazoli would be disappointed after a Z900RS), it demands smooth and measured inputs but there's a satisfaction to be had doing that.  I was expecting this to replace the increasingly-tatty VFR I've had for 10 years but it's a completely different experience.

It's exactly the sort of thing I'll be getting next year, soft, smooth and comfy, the Z900 was the complete opposite and tiring to ride for any distance hence the reason for getting rid of it.