The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

On 7/15/2022 at 4:54 PM, Iamgroot said:

grumpy police officer, who will dig deep into their bag

Had one do this to me on the M25 round by Heathrow junction , could of easily taken me off the motorway to slap my wrist but no , within seconds the whole motorway was at a standstill both directions...

What a cockwomble , delayed me for 30 minutes, everyone else for a lot longer , didn't even give me a ticket for the slightly undersized plate that was on it when I got it, honestly it was...  

11 hours ago, Fat_Pirate said:

Please help me, I've been happily married for many years but just recently I've become attracted to Goldwings.  My wife is aware of, and tolerates, my Honda fetish but she'd chuck me out if she found about this.wing1.jpg.f9d4f22dcbbf2c45fa647a28106d71a5.jpg

Behold it's great majesty!  It's a 1985 Aspencade, which means you get this dash too:

wingdash.jpg.1dfeb750498e6d42718b59f86b1e7d8f.jpg

wing2.jpg.e7738d0aca7b5ecd2078d3b1afe214e1.jpg

Custom artwork too, which by chance celebrates my ancestry (if that picture is of King's Lynn sugar beet factory, which I think it is).

This started out as looking at ST1300 Pan Europeans (this was sat alongside an absolutely shite example I'd visited this place to look at), but my inner Raymond-boy craves the absurdity of this.  It's nearly £4K though.

I kinda like the concept, its like an Astra GTE digital dash had a baby with GTA Vice City.

If I had unlimited money and garage space I could almost see having it as a thing to look at or maybe sit on but fuck trying to ride it, you are a sick puppy.

1 hour ago, mitsisigma01 said:

Oh dear , you are in need of urgent therapy and glasses, luckily for you it's in Swindon and that should be enough of a reason not to go ahead with it !!! 

Seriously though, it's a lot of bike , worth a haggle , "best price mate" , go for it 👍

I think there could be some haggle space, it's of course extremely niche, there's only another month or so of the season left, and the salesman told me they're closing 2 of their 3 buildings (which are all presently rammed with shite). 

EDIT:  it's 330 fucking kilos, dry!

On 7/19/2022 at 6:43 PM, tom13 said:

Last week on the way to Elan I was following a group of around 10 bikers. There were all doing the speed limit (at that moment in time), passed a cop at the side of the road, he put his blues and twos on and races around to the back of the group of bikers. Sat there for a few minutes, as he had tuned his lights off at this point, then pulled over one of the chaps at the back. I assume this was because he had got a small plate fitted as I couldn't see anything else obvious (I know it could have been tax or insurance related possibly) but just don't give them too much of an excuse.

I remember Police chief Brunstrom used to send out the helicopter just to try catch bikers on the moors,it would fly as low as possible to try spook the riders into slowing down

Cops, eh? Did I tell you about the one that followed me for miles? I had a CBF600N at the time and picked up a motorbike cop on the B1248 near Cherry Burton, a lovely road that can encourage 'spirited' riding.  Anyhow he followed me for miles and miles, I exaggerated my observations and stuck rigidly to the rules. Approaching Kirkburn he shot off past me,  at this point (we're now on the A614) there's a 50 mph limit, along which is a minor road joining it that is  hidden by trees/hedges.

Needless to say chummy boy was waiting exactly were I thought he would be, in the hidden exit as I trundled past at 45 mph. I picked him up again and he followed me all the way to Driffield when he got bored and went off to hassle the kids elsewhere.

Oh, and during this fiasco, going in the opposite direction was an obviously overloaded brickies transit, with a marked lean to the nearside. And a tractor with no registration plates.  But no, following me was his priority.

Today, I went see my broken Vespa at the garage, and took my broken Lambretta with me. Then bought another broken scooter whilst I was there...

May be an image of scooter and outdoors

On the plus side, the Lambretta is slightly less broken than it was.  Also, the other day I heard what sounded like something falling off. It wasn't one of the usual suspects (horn cover/side panel/bits of trim/trim retaining clip bolts/rear lens  screws/actual back lens/etc) but this time the handle that holds the side panel in place.

11 hours ago, andyberg said:

Fu*king bastards. I hope karma (coz the police won't) catches up with them.

I'll keep my fingers crossed you are lucky and get it back somehow.

Thanks, but I don't hold out much hope. I found out that it had gone within about 20mins of it happening so had a good look around the local area in case it got dumped once they realised it had an immobiliser, but not a sign of it. 

Fingers crossed that the insurance company aren't too much of a pain.

1 minute ago, Dave_Q said:

That's awful news. Sadly you have to have a tracker if you ever want to get it back.

I use these cheap relay trackers, or Monimoto are normally quite well regarded.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125054806640

Yeah, annoyingly I have a cheap tracker sat in the box waiting for me to get chance to fit it. Kicking myself for that one!

I had one stolen off my drive a year or so ago. Totally my fault, left it out with no locks on and some scratters pushed it away.

They never got it started as it had a chipped key but I couldn't find it so reported it to the insurance.

It eventually turned up like 200m away from my house, I could have repaired it but insurance gave it a cat B write off due to the amount of damage to the frame from them trying to start it. 

Might be worth trying Biker Biker or a group like that on FB, often the theives are on instagram etc trying to sell the bikes on and they do sometimes get recovered.

On 7/25/2022 at 10:28 AM, andy18s said:

I remember Police chief Brunstrom used to send out the helicopter just to try catch bikers on the moors,it would fly as low as possible to try spook the riders into slowing down

I did my Advanced bike course in 2001 at Conway where Brunstrom  was Chief Constable. Legally doing 150mph on the roads around Bala was great, and two fingers up at him.

As I mentioned in the New News 24 Thread a day or two ago, I attended the VMCC (Vintage Motor Cycle Club) Founders Day rally at Stanford Hall on Sunday 24th July.  Compared with previous years the attendance seemed slightly down but it was still a fabulous day to see hundreds of bikes from all periods plus some interesting stalls selling parts and accessories for just about every make.  The numerous official club stands are always good to visit, as was the large public parking area for bikers. I toured around everything at least three times on my ancient mobility scooter, taking photos of the bikes that especially caught my interest.  A few are attached below.  

100_2431.jpg

100_2432.jpg

100_2433.jpg

100_2434.jpg

100_2437.jpg

100_2439.jpg

100_2443.jpg

100_2444.jpg

100_2447.jpg

100_2450.jpg

100_2453.jpg

100_2451.jpg

9 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

I did my Advanced bike course in 2001 at Conway where Brunstrom  was Chief Constable. Legally doing 150mph on the roads around Bala was great, and two fingers up at him.

I was out 1 Wednesday eve with a group of lads on the triangle. 

I was chasing an early Fireblade on my Srad 750,doing silly speeds on that long straight towards Trawsfynydd and we both got pissed on by a guy on a zzr11,with his mrs on the back....

12 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

I had one stolen off my drive a year or so ago. Totally my fault, left it out with no locks on and some scratters pushed it away.

They never got it started as it had a chipped key but I couldn't find it so reported it to the insurance.

It eventually turned up like 200m away from my house, I could have repaired it but insurance gave it a cat B write off due to the amount of damage to the frame from them trying to start it. 

Might be worth trying Biker Biker or a group like that on FB, often the theives are on instagram etc trying to sell the bikes on and they do sometimes get recovered.

Very sad to hear these scumbags are still stealing bikes. Heard a former colleague had his BMW R1200RS stolen from the car park at Westfield Stratford, and another former colleague his MT-09 from Canning Town two days later.

Cunts, absolute cunts.