The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

1 hour ago, andyberg said:

Just taken the GT out for a first proper, legal run. 30 miles and I couldn't stop smiling! Nothing beats the sound of a stroker coming on song, well except a spitfire with a Merlin engine, but anyway I couldn't fault it. Seems to run sweet. Popped to work to park next to our mechanics KH500.

Edit: only downside was getting royally bummed filling up with Esso supreme at £2.06 a litre 😡

IMG_20220617_130352.jpg

Loved my KH250's....except when rainling when they became a 2cylinder!!!!!!!!

also S reg RD250DX in blue totally stock and would rev off the clock .. sounded gorgeous

11 minutes ago, bezzabsa said:

also S reg RD250DX in blue totally stock and would rev off the clock .. sounded gorgeous

I want this back to stock, I only got the pipes so I can get a couple of holes in the original pipes sorted then rechromed. I guess it's rose tinted glasses but the older bikes are much nicer. Much less plastic and electronics. 

6 hours ago, doug said:

Me and mine in 1978.
d46f1c0242b53e6f09b589ac0947abf8.jpg

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

My last bike taken on a trip  to Scotland in 1987 (to run it in after a 3mm over size rebore) 

Bonus points if anyone knows where the pictures are taken. 

20201121_210429.jpg

20201121_210512.jpg

ffs

was looking at the moto gp calendar and thinking might go to finland for the race as likely having time off after seeing it come up as a calendar on google

cant do assen - working but been before and after the track changed

refuse to go to silverstone 

went on motogp to see how much tickets might be - and wondered why there was a gap

thatll be a no then :(

might go valencia in novemer

On 6/17/2022 at 3:45 PM, andyberg said:

I want this back to stock, I only got the pipes so I can get a couple of holes in the original pipes sorted then rechromed. I guess it's rose tinted glasses but the older bikes are much nicer. Much less plastic and electronics. 

Each to their own but why revert back to stock? More power, look better IMO and a much better noise?

22 minutes ago, tom13 said:

Each to their own but why revert back to stock? More power, look better IMO and a much better noise?

Yes it sounds glorious on full bore but a part of me just wants to keep it original. Having said that after riding it a few times now I may keep the pipes on and just repair the stock pipes and store them in the shed. I'll try to get my son to video me going up the road so you can hear some revs 🙂

58 minutes ago, andyberg said:

Yes it sounds glorious on full bore but a part of me just wants to keep it original. Having said that after riding it a few times now I may keep the pipes on and just repair the stock pipes and store them in the shed. I'll try to get my son to video me going up the road so you can hear some revs 🙂

Yeah do it. I mean it's period because everyone did it ha.

31 minutes ago, Dave_Q said:

I think I might want a Grom.

Can anyone who's had one tell me why I should/shouldn't do this? Are any of the copies like a Benelli or Yamasaki any good or best to just get the real thing?

Benelli TNT looks as good and are way cheaper if you get lucky. Just not as much in the way of aftermarket parts. I wouldn't consider any of the other unless you can find a Kawasaki over here as they were never Imported. I would love a Grom but they hold their money so well.

Better get the essentials out of the shed, this should be all that's needed...

May be an image of outdoors and brick wall

Hang on, brakes are stuck, I'll just quickly adjust the back one. Oh, FFS,  will have to find the dealer's phone number now...

No photo description available.

Whilst I'm waiting for Yamaha's warranty department to get back to me, let's have a look at the rest of it...

May be an image of motorcycle and outdoors

May be an image of motorcycle

May be an image of motorcycle, outdoors and brick wall

Very possibly been off the road since 1978, so this could be fun.

2 hours ago, Snake Charmer said:

Is it an early YB100? I don't remember the speedo being like that on my T reg one.

Yes,  1975 I think.

I bought this today, I had no intention of a motorbike project but I was offered it by a friends Dad doing a house clearance. Its a 1974 Honda C50, not been on the road for 30+ years but one owner from new supposedly and less than 5k miles on the clock. I had an identical one as a teenager and have very fond memories, so once I found out the details I had to have it.

1283461412_WhatsAppImage2022-06-23at2_27_11PM.thumb.jpeg.7459ff9a1e3c6dfb9382c57d88f2aeda.jpeg

It needs recommissioning but I like the patina. The V5 and keys have been lost, but got it running in 10 mins by hot wiring, sticking some fresh fuel in and bump starting down the road! I was gobsmacked when it shot off (bit of an exagerration) on the second bump.

1 hour ago, Liggle said:

I bought this today, I had no intention of a motorbike project but I was offered it by a friends Dad doing a house clearance. Its a 1974 Honda C50, not been on the road for 30+ years but one owner from new supposedly and less than 5k miles on the clock. I had an identical one as a teenager and have very fond memories, so once I found out the details I had to have it.

It needs recommissioning but I like the patina. The V5 and keys have been lost, but got it running in 10 mins by hot wiring, sticking some fresh fuel in and bump starting down the road! I was gobsmacked when it shot off (bit of an exagerration) on the second bump.

That's ace, hope you plan to keep it standard and not butcher it into one of those ridiculous 'bobbers' or whatever they are?

On 6/22/2022 at 12:11 AM, hairnet said:

ffs

was looking at the moto gp calendar and thinking might go to finland for the race as likely having time off after seeing it come up as a calendar on google

cant do assen - working but been before and after the track changed

refuse to go to silverstone 

went on motogp to see how much tickets might be - and wondered why there was a gap

thatll be a no then :(

might go valencia in novemer

Ah, now I understand. I think I read a couple of weeks ago Finland had been cancelled.

Can recommend Valencia,you can see 90% of the track from the "azul" stand, and its where riders do their burnouts after their race, and also practice their starts. 

Also a trip to Cheste on Saturday night is a MUST. Streets just full of bikes bouncing off the rev limiters and doing burnouts. Plus some engines in shopping trollies being murdered.

20211113_195233.thumb.jpg.d1a8d03b04c4b4c9f34bb3f9bfb4d55c.jpg

It's a week or two earlier than usual, so not 100% sure I'll be there, but I'll do my utmost to be there.

4 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Better get the essentials out of the shed, this should be all that's needed...

May be an image of outdoors and brick wall

Hang on, brakes are stuck, I'll just quickly adjust the back one. Oh, FFS,  will have to find the dealer's phone number now...

No photo description available.

Whilst I'm waiting for Yamaha's warranty department to get back to me, let's have a look at the rest of it...

May be an image of motorcycle

Very possibly been off the road since 1978, so this could be fun.

Moneybox?

In a completely "not keeping it standard" vibe..

Just managed to obtain a tax exempt Kawasaki Z750 frame, so now I need the rest to make my penniless special, has anyone got anything lying around, available very cheaply that I could graft into it? I'm after at least a 600 lump, preferably on carbs, preferably Kawasaki, I also need yokes, forks, tank, maybe a nicer swingarm?..

You don't ask, you don't get, as they say..

Oh and yeah, yeah, points based system for vehicle identities, radically altered vehicles, nuns and kittens will die etc. I know.