The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

5 hours ago, andyberg said:

Sons bike just gained an MOT. Last on the road in 2017 when the last MOT expired. The nipper that had it lost interest and bought a car. 

New tyres, exhaust, brakes front and rear. New master cylinder, new complete front suspension system ( single sided) new rear shock and a pass with no advisories. My son is beaming. And I have saved a classic* 2 stroke 😁

That looks ace, they're a right nice thing those Speedfights.

Plan B (reconditioned big valve head, re-bored barrel, new piston etc) C70 top end for the SS50 ordered, plus some new tyres.

Meanwhile, after making an absolute dogs dinner of applying the side panel graphics (as photographed below) for the FS1, ordered some more and applied them, pictures to follow. 

It's a bit* of a mongrel this thing, it's actually a very late FS1M, that I started to make look like an FS1E. Some of the purist gang don't like it, and are happy to point out it's got the wrong sided front brake etc etc etc. 

Given that a 'genuine' FS1E is probably about eleventy million quid now (and no doubt has the same amount of pattern parts as this) the idea was to knock up something of a replica for a lot less money. well, that was the plan. Have a genuine early-ish 'E' tank to go on (after being repaired and re-painted) so will get some more panels and have a spare set of tinware in Competition yellow. Have put a few quid into this with the paint job, new Allspeed, rear tyre, 1975 number plate and all the other bits, but very happy with it so far. A carb clean and the expansion chamber saw an indicated 10mph more than before (39 to 49mph) flat out, though I bet GPS would suggest early 40s at most. Need an original type air filter box etc, then waiting for a lad to try out a 65 kit on his to see what the verdict is.

May be an image of motorcycle

On 2/19/2022 at 7:41 PM, Cavcraft said:

It's good fun if you don't want to go very fast*. Wouldn't mind a go at Le Jog on a 50 one year, ideally the SS just for a laugh.  

This isn't all of them and the Yamaha looks very different now. The MBX50 is hysterically ponderous, typical Honda 2T whereby all the 'power' lasts for about 4 seconds in each gear before you scream up flat out 'til the next one, then run out of steam just over 30-ish MPH. 

May be an image of motorcycle, outdoors and brick wall

Lammy?

My SS50 felt dangerous on the road in standard trim, pulling out of T junctions was a nightmare. Within 2 weeks of my 16th birthday I had 72cc's of throbbing power and gearing to match. I pulled a 5 speed engine and disc front end off a smashed up bike in the river so I had a bigger carb and more gears, stronger clutch springs and an extra plate plus C90 inner valve springs to stop valve bounce.

Revving the granny out of it in fourth gear and changing into 5th as you overtook AP50's or Fizzies  was fun, I managed to do it two up once. There were two Fantics locally I could not quite keep up with, a Caballero and a GT.

Went to buy a C70 engine from a bike shop in Cheshire and he mentioned having a S90 or C200 upstairs. Upstairs meant exactly that, it was a converted terrace house and there was no lighting up there. It was sat next to a Kawasaki 250 Samurai twin (he won't part with that) and said both (plus other random bikes) had been up there for years. Obvs. like ended up agreeing to buy the Honda, so collected it near the end of this week 

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

Not at a stage to try and get it firing or running yet, hopefully be nearer by end of week.

Dear God how many of these do we have to endure , fed up now ,old BMWs making silly money without hacking them to bits , I suppose plenty of bits around but as with any thing old try and do a day's riding and it's meh....jump on a modern machine and you see how far handling ,comfort and power has moved on.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R-80-BOBBER-C-REG-UPSIDE-DOWN-FRONT-END-MINT-PAINT-JOB-SOUNDS-WELL-/325064605742?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0Screenshot_20220228-163729_eBay.jpg

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Not my cup of tea at all, same with wanky Honda Street* Cubs where someone has butchered a C90 and fitted those same fat tyres and fart cannon exhaust as everyone else.

Well played lads, you've taken something that rode shit but was at least of sentimental interest and made it look and sound shit as well.

I predict in 2030 people will be spending big cash returning all these heaps to standard

Agreed, the CG125 seems to be a popular choice to destroy by hacking off the back of the frame and fitting one of those gash brown seats to now. To be fair, my C200 has had some of that treatment (from a previous owner) but it should all be replaceable

hondatattoosbetter.thumb.jpg.3a408389bc6e779ca571df0ad639b7ba.jpg

The (piss) artist quality* signwriting was done by yours truly. 

1 hour ago, Fabergé Greggs said:

Question: for long bits of motorway commuting, would you consider noise cancelling Bluetooth headphones or similar for listening to podcasts or whatnot? 

No as they won't fit under your helmet properly and will hurt your ears, use earplugs and a decent Comms system like a Cardo Scala or Sena, or get some custom plugs with speakers made.

I use a Cardo something or other with JBL helmet speakers and foam earplugs and it's a great setup, voice control, music streaming, nav with the phone in a quad lock case and mount, it just works.

This is my ‘78 Triumph tracker. I’ve owned it for many years and have shared it here before. Just got over covid at the weekend and rode the balls off it on Saturday. Who doesn’t love a good ride at the weekend? 

CFD 
6EB2A558-463A-4CDB-B968-052F20230795.thumb.jpeg.4cc7e92d137e53234a375e72112acbad.jpeg
More photos please. Looks good.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Carlosfandango said:

This is my ‘78 Triumph tracker. I’ve owned it for many years and have shared it here before. Just got over covid at the weekend and rode the balls off it on Saturday. Who doesn’t love a good ride at the weekend? 

CFD 

6EB2A558-463A-4CDB-B968-052F20230795.jpeg

Looks great

20 hours ago, georgeinabz said:

Dear God how many of these do we have to endure , fed up now ,old BMWs making silly money without hacking them to bits , I suppose plenty of bits around but as with any thing old try and do a day's riding and it's meh....jump on a modern machine and you see how far handling ,comfort and power has moved on.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R-80-BOBBER-C-REG-UPSIDE-DOWN-FRONT-END-MINT-PAINT-JOB-SOUNDS-WELL-/325064605742?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0Screenshot_20220228-163729_eBay.jpg

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

WTF has happened to this. I mean I like a bobber, tracker, cafe racer look but dang this is minging.

On 3/1/2022 at 1:21 AM, Carlosfandango said:

CFD 

6EB2A558-463A-4CDB-B968-052F20230795.jpeg

😋😋😋😋😍😍😍😍🤤🤤🤤🤤

More photos and when is the raffle 🤔

8 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Does anyone on here have a trusted motorbike courier? May possibly need a bike transporting down to me in Cornwall and don't want to entrust it to a £20 unknown who'll likely ruin the damn thing. 

Where from , how long and whereabouts in the land of French gateaux are you wanting  it delivered 5o.  🤔