The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Barry Cade said:

Accidental fire would be better.. even when it ran right it was shite. Hateful thing.. Good luck!  Anything with more carburettors than cylinders just isn't right.

Just enquiring for a distant friend* where about are you in the world? And if you were to sell any idea on a price? I'll let my friend* have a think 😉

The old revolving door has been in use as much as ever recently.  Pick of the bunch is probably this:

May be an image of scooter and outdoors

Hadn't run in a while, but some tinkering got it going. The throttle cables (inner and outer) were knackered, and managed to completely ignore the 'do not remove outer on it's own' advice and spent about 7 hours trying to get the new one in. Didn't work, so cheated and used a push bike outer which was much easier. Seemingly a lot  people do away with the outer as they're such a hassle, so I suppose it's something of a result. New carb (pattern part but seems ok) and gaskets, new plug and it went second kick. Still needs work, all other cables probably shagged, steering lock has come on for no visible reason and it's in the process of being registered.

I have had a number of MZ's with the same Yamaha XTZ 660 engine as the SZR. The XTZ  engine was very successful in the Supermono racing class as it could be tuned quite highly and keep some reliability.

Preferred the look of my MZ Scorpion with its Tigcraft designed frame, as much much less bulbous than the SZR.

This was my mates Supermono racer with the 660 engine squeezed into a ex Honda GP250 frame.

20200422_184110.jpg.9774536b3757b14dfc7829e41b71b5ce.jpg20200422_191507.jpg.f4cb41d6a835d20a0304fe89e8877e10.jpg

all you hardened bikers out there (and billy) :D

would you buy the arai

saw them at first and was wary about the vent

but then saw this video and it answered questions :D

the shoei made me lol wont be buying one of those

saw arai on ebay for 100+ less than they should be and its not ex display

trigger might get pulled - can never have enough right :D

this is the one i saw - dont usually buy painted lids but i like this - have also seen a base brown one which wasnt horrible but the blue looks better

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224643362150?hash=item344dc9ad66:g:KgoAAOSwtk5hZA3e

1 hour ago, hairnet said:

would you buy the arai

saw them at first and was wary about the vent

but then saw this video and it answered questions :D

the shoei made me lol wont be buying one of those

saw arai on ebay for 100+ less than they should be and its not ex display

trigger might get pulled - can never have enough right :D

this is the one i saw - dont usually buy painted lids but i like this - have also seen a base brown one which wasnt horrible but the blue looks better

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224643362150?hash=item344dc9ad66:g:KgoAAOSwtk5hZA3e

Ah, but do you have an Arai heed, or a Shoei heed.. you have to be one or the other.. 😆

1 hour ago, hairnet said:

would you buy the arai

I'd buy something that fitted me properly regardless of make, the old arai/shoei trope is not so relevant anymore, I've an Arai and a Shoei lid and they both fit me well, you have to try them on before purchase.

2 hours ago, Barry Cade said:

Ah, but do you have an Arai heed, or a Shoei heed.. you have to be one or the other.. 😆

both :D have a qwest and a debut and an xd

dont fit italian lids (rossi disapoint for 25 years)

1 hour ago, Jazoli said:

I'd buy something that fitted me properly regardless of make, the old arai/shoei trope is not so relevant anymore, I've an Arai and a Shoei lid and they both fit me well, you have to try them on before purchase.

im asking about the vent not the fit - never had a lid thats not had a vent  (that opens in the normal way)  either in the chin or above the visor

2 hours ago, Barry Cade said:

I had stuck with Shoei fron the 80's as Arai seemed to be a narrower fit and too tight for me. l needed a new lid in 2007 and all the Shoei I tried were loose so I tried an Arai, perfect fit. The only reason I can explain the change in fit is I developed Multiple Myeloma and thanks to early diagnosis my skull is the only area showing the effects and the shape has changed.