The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

16 minutes ago, thatsmacar said:

@Jazoli Sell them as spares then.  Someone will want them.  Have you got any parts from the bike, namely calipers?

No I've plenty of engine bits and a clutch and gearbox, I'll just hang onto the shims, they are 6 quid each to buy and one day I may need them I guess but I only have them because I rebuilt a friends bike for him, all my stuff comes with a warranty these days.

What are the measurements over all 4 EX valves? if one is slack or another is loose or slightly over you might be able to swap them around to get them all to at least minimum spec? The size should be printed on the shim unless it went in print-side-up in which case its long gone. I'm pretty sure 2.68 is just 2.68mm (rather than 2.68 being some product code) though so some cheapo vernier calipers should get you most of the way there. I don't recall if i did but I may have written do the valve shims on the new* engine before it went in and written down the sizes of whats currently in there on a scrap of paper in the documents.

• 2 weeks later...

20211008_161814.thumb.jpg.162adda94e941824cc6ca2a9ad1734d8.jpg

I knew the busa had a scottoiler but I had never given it a moments thought despite buying a bottle to top it up.

It was empty. And a PITA to top up - made worse by yours truly pulling the adjuster off instead of filling it up via the orifice. In my defence there are no instructions.

I put it back in such a way top ups should be easy peasy from now on.

Cbr600rr was a no go . Something dodgy with the crash bingo / engine mount bolts / threads .

was surprised how much more uncomfortable it was than the r6 .

Looks like the poor Thundercat is gonna get beaten round Donnington on Tuesday 😂

If the r6 doesn’t sell I might fix the bits on it over winter

I've been offered a swap for my 2 stroke aprilia etx 125 with a 4 stroke Kawasaki klx 250.

I don't have a bike license and don't know much about 4 strokes but I'm guessing that the klx will be difficult to sell on for around the £2k mark I'm asking for the Aprilia. I've sold a few old 2 stroke trail bikes recently and they do seem to hold their value whereas I think anyone who had bothered to get their bike license probably won't want a slow 250cc.

IMG_20211009_231020_808.jpg

IMG_20211009_231020_524.jpg

received_592396681955896.jpeg

received_198684549004554.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 2:28 PM, andyberg said:

Burgman given some love. So far it is all I expected it to be. Won't get used too much over the winter. I need to replace a fork seal but I can't do that until I have put a new front end on my son's Speedfight and MOT'd that.

IMG_20211023_141306.jpg

Which Speedfight is that?

22 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

WTF is the red thing strapped to the top of the trailer? Looks a bit like a Clarke mig welder but suppose it's probably a generator or something?

A generator it is as most 'mericans need their essentials

I have seen mobile aircon units being talked about too

2 hours ago, Barry Cade said:

Anybody near Barnstaple? Someone on Ebay is selling a job lot of BMW bits I need but wont post..

I have found a car in St Austell that needs collecting, how big are they, bike or car bits? I might be doing a trip to Airdrie at some stage in an E-Class estate. 

• 2 weeks later...