The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

On 5/27/2021 at 8:35 PM, Jazoli said:

I've been that way a few times, I have some amazing routes around Almeria if you fancy a longer trip, I'll put them up at some point.

It's about time I got my bike out of the shed of tooo many projects and got it sorted, it's been years since I have been wanting to get down to Spain on my ugliest bike ever made, '99 xl1000v Varadero, it's been a couple of years since I've even seen it!!! I think it looks something like this 🤔

honda-xl1000v-varadero-1999.thumb.jpg.97a1d41ea164208cb6a9b4eb09c963e6.jpg

I'm not even sure if I can sit on it with my fkd knees 😕

After years of industry advertorials in all your favourite websites and magazine.

I actually saw a Harley Davidson Pan America out in the wild.

It looked smaller on the road then I imagined and no worse than any other adventure bike. But I still don't get the point of it, how is a Harley rider meant to maintain dignity getting their leg over something so high while wearing chaps?

Finally getting around to hanging pictures up in my house whilst waiting for the skip to arrive (due here at 10.00 because Spanish).

Had some old photos of my late mate Trev put onto canvas's a while ago, and only just noticed the number plate.

20210607_120903.thumb.jpg.4972cb227813a516fb193f58b499d5fa.jpg

After taking the SR500 out a couple of weeks ago the garage was stinking of petrol. The tank has a small leak at 2 places, not enough to drip but enough to stink the garage out. I tried stop leak stuff but it did not work.  So phoned TAB Classics and luckily they had a  tank that was a cancelled order. Just the seat to modify , fuel lines and  lock stops to sort out now. Oh and indicators, lights etc.

tank.thumb.jpg.25d08c9cfda9a2ad2ae0d77c56cd143b.jpg

On 6/8/2021 at 9:35 PM, doug said:

After taking the SR500 out a couple of weeks ago the garage was stinking of petrol. The tank has a small leak at 2 places, not enough to drip but enough to stink the garage out. I tried stop leak stuff but it did not work.  So phoned TAB Classics and luckily they had a  tank that was a cancelled order. Just the seat to modify , fuel lines and  lock stops to sort out now. Oh and indicators, lights etc.

I like that, really clean line to it. 👍

Both bikes insurance is up. The bandit renewal quote made me larff:

£111.99 which sounded pretty good until I read the itemised bill:

£57 insurance premium
£25 renewal fee
£29.99 legal cover

The renewal fee takes the biscuit as I could cancel and start a new policy without having to pay that. And I don't remember having legal cover last time so that must have been snuck on.

Legal cover? Is it worth the paper it's written on? I was involved in a non fault accident years ago, any my usual solicitor claimed his costs off the other party with no hassle

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

if it comp i think it makes no difference

bike was pinched bike was comp - two months later - cheque

i didnt have it

the renewal thing would be making tell them to FRO they should be lowering the premium not putting it up

i had a breakdown cover say youre due renewal i was paying 57

renewal was 73 (!) its not insurance its breakdown but go on the site put same deets in and its 57

ffs

2 hours ago, They_all_do_that_sir said:

Both bikes insurance is up. The bandit renewal quote made me larff:

£111.99 which sounded pretty good until I read the itemised bill:

£57 insurance premium
£25 renewal fee
£29.99 legal cover

The renewal fee takes the biscuit as I could cancel and start a new policy without having to pay that. And I don't remember having legal cover last time so that must have been snuck on.

Legal cover? Is it worth the paper it's written on? I was involved in a non fault accident years ago, any my usual solicitor claimed his costs off the other party with no hassle

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

My 4x4 insurance was £300, £100 of which was a Broker fee. Part of my decision to weigh it in for scrap.

On 6/8/2021 at 9:35 PM, doug said:

This looks really good. I liked it before but I'm getting a slightly more modern B40 vibe from it now. Great job.

Now I'm resident in Spain, told my insurers in the UK and they have increased the cost of insuring my Guzzi V1200 Sport very, very expensive (paid £84 last year, fully comp). Not worth it when I might only come back to the UK for a week or so each year.

Too expensive and too difficult to get it here, let alone matriculated and plated, so going to have to sell it.

So, despite all my promises, I found myself buying my 4th bike. I welcome a 14 year old Yamaha X-Max 250 into my fleet, because cheap (especially for Spain). Dealer will be giving it a once over, doing the transfer into my name, and delivering it this week or early next week. Few little scratches, mostly as it looks like it has been dropped on its left side at a slow speed, otherwise its all OK.

20210615_151707.jpg.c96fc0fbeba3f9ce22195b7ed9aa415d.jpg

Ideal for local trips into town to carry my shopping 

My 2 year old Himalayan is great for riding the local gravel roads and leisurely tours.

My 13 year old Street Triple is uncomfortable but excels on the local roads through the mountains. It is up for sale though.

My 21 year old Deauville will be great on the longer trips to Czechia and The Balkans later this year or in 2022.

Saying all that, I don't know why I did, as its not like I have to justify them all to you, like I used to have justify them to my (ex) missus

The dealer also had this very original Honda CL350 at the rear of the shop, along with a couple of very early GL1100 Goldwings, and the most horrible Honda CB900 Custom thing.

I did ask if the CL was for sale, but told it had only recently come in from the USA, and was going into the shop owners collection.

Always liked these CL's, but like the MZ ISDT I want, they have leapt up in value.

20210615_154413.thumb.jpg.ecd555d09ad0c49d87516f03dad4cf8e.jpg

Welcome to the big moped massive, the X-max is the smaller brother of my TMax and they are meant to be pretty good.

Bit annoying about your insurance on the Guzzi, it's like you are being penalized for telling the truth, most people would just "borrow" a mate or relatives address and keep pretending they live in the UK.