The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

On 3/18/2021 at 8:00 PM, martc said:

image.png.f0a6e7913bda5bffc308913fce6205be.png

image.png.d61171cb465d49f4f98955c761198ade.png

image.png.9e24636d9860f941b49fc9da999e01a2.png

image.png.5f94b3878237b74e5228470659d50887.png

image.png.4f85fe1c97f8870a420fc0fc838fac48.png

I think this is one of these unsuccessful post war Indian singles designed to compete head on with the Brits (failed).

That’s from the time they imported Royal Enfield’s as Indians. Indian’s attempts at building Brit parallel twins (Indian Scout) and singles (Indian Arrow) in the late 40’s/early 50’s were doomed to failure because of reliability issues but they were handsome things. One way to tell the home made engines was they had a left foot gear change, this is a left foot brake 

A6CE28B4-B80A-4771-8904-5DCC526F4ECE.jpeg

E214B8C9-9DC8-4DF6-B61E-6DBC00D33B48.jpeg

well, after speaking with the boss indoors, she's really not enjoying the whole bike thing, so it looks like im getting rid of the little benelli TNT :-(  its just not getting used, especially now i have the GS.  would there be any interest in a 2019 tnt for about the £1300 mark? if so i'll get a for sale thread done at the weekend.

ben1.JPG

1 hour ago, groovylee said:

well, after speaking with the boss indoors, she's really not enjoying the whole bike thing, so it looks like im getting rid of the little benelli TNT :-(  its just not getting used, especially now i have the GS.  would there be any interest in a 2019 tnt for about the £1300 mark? if so i'll get a for sale thread done at the weekend.

ben1.JPG

I would love this, but have no space!  That'll sell easily.

6 hours ago, groovylee said:

ben1.JPG

@They_all_do_that_sir

delivery available

5 minutes ago, They_all_do_that_sir said:

I would love it but don't have the cash atm. However a mate over here might be keen, how many miles on it?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2904 presently. may go up a touch, but unlikely.  will get some pics and more details on a sale fred sunday / monday

On 4/29/2021 at 4:24 AM, Prestontony said:

That’s from the time they imported Royal Enfield’s as Indians. Indian’s attempts at building Brit parallel twins (Indian Scout) and singles (Indian Arrow) in the late 40’s/early 50’s were doomed to failure because of reliability issues but they were handsome things. One way to tell the home made engines was they had a left foot gear change, this is a left foot brake 

A6CE28B4-B80A-4771-8904-5DCC526F4ECE.jpeg

E214B8C9-9DC8-4DF6-B61E-6DBC00D33B48.jpeg

Those look terrible, when compared to the understated looks of the equivalent Brit bike, there's no wonder they crashed and burnt. Flatter bars, a few less tassles and chrome and they may have stood a chance. And a modicum of reliability would have helped.

15 minutes ago, martc said:

Those look terrible, when compared to the understated looks of the equivalent Brit bike, there's no wonder they crashed and burnt. Flatter bars, a few less tassles and chrome and they may have stood a chance. And a modicum of reliability would have helped.

To be honest, at the time yeah, but I guess it was a reaction to the big Brit singles and twins and a bit of a rush job, Harley and Indian were VERY scared of the Brit bike invasion and after getting off a contemporary Harley and getting onto a Triumph twin you could see they had a lot to worry about, the Brit bike felt like a velvet spaceship! So looking at them now they're a curiosity and interesting because of that. Any that are left will be pretty much sorted but but they're no velvet spaceships!

On 4/29/2021 at 11:36 AM, groovylee said:

ben1.JPG

where in the shire (dont say luton :D )

@They_all_do_that_sir

Hoor ya

Think it's took 18 months to decide to buy it then 6 month to decide to fit it

Small fail as the packer gasket didn't wanna play so getting zorst from the joint under the footpeg so rang local honda to order one 

' we have 3 we're open monday' I'd rang at 3.30 they closed at 4 ( I didn't know that)

See ya Monday :D

oh wait I bought a harley :D

On 4/18/2021 at 7:42 PM, Jerzy Woking said:

I have really wanted an MZ ISDT for a few years now, but they have always been that bit out of my price range. And even more so now....

Probably so, this 1970 MZ TS250 /G5 ISDT, still in the crate, sold for $27,500 in Americashire recently -

image.png.dbf63efbb168d70cb6d98cf2303b75d3.png

image.png.049bee7d79b25487e4a9caf4ae1bd079.png

image.png.ccec82980e84bc0b8ab98659b4022b40.png

I have

a. Been checking UK leccy bike/scooter laws :(

b. Been watching many fascinating (and limb endangering) Utoob variants of DIY leccy wheeled bike/scooter contraptions!

My advanced maths fails me here....

1. A hoverboard wheel running as a 'friction drive' against your bike wheel/tyre (regardless of wheel diameter) will be the 6mph *nominal.

2. Introducing tooth belt/chain 'gearing' will decrease speed/increase torque. Can a different controller increase actual hub speed but with battery/heat issues ??

Not building one.... Virtually un usable outside your front door..... Doh!

17 hours ago, UltraWomble said:

Have you punted this on yet?
Ive scraped together a bag but still need to punt on the SCV Honda...

not as yet dude, but I work away from home most of the time, so not put too much effort into it tbh. ive only advertised it here at the mo.  the insurance and tax runs out at the end of this month, so i will be making more of a concerted effort then. I can probably do a shiters discount to make it more accessible....  will have a think :-)

Lee

I got me one of those maxi scooter things for the commute to work this summer 🙄 because we are having such good* weather already. Always fancied one. 

First impressions? Really, really comfortable. Not the quickest thing on the block, it's only a 125, but will sit at 55mph all day, plenty good enough for the roads I'll be on. Almost 100mpgs. Bloody heavy! Way heavier than the CB. Handles well though with all the weight low down. I can see why Johnny foreigner likes them so much. If things go well I may well upgrade to a bigger engine for next year. 

Screenshot_20210513_131344.jpg

4 hours ago, groovylee said:

the insurance and tax runs out at the end of this month, so i will be making more of a concerted effort then.

Lee

Cheers - Ive just bagged a couple of Nilfisks for a fiver so fingers crossed for a small amount of profit on those off eBay, Plus I am chancing the Shite Bike to the mouth breathers on Facebook.

2 hours ago, andyberg said:

I got me one of those maxi scooter things for the commute to work this summer 🙄 because we are having such good* weather already. Always fancied one. 

First impressions? Really, really comfortable. Not the quickest thing on the block, it's only a 125, but will sit at 55mph all day, plenty good enough for the roads I'll be on. Almost 100mpgs. Bloody heavy! Way heavier than the CB. Handles well though with all the weight low down.

First one I had was a 125 from someone off this Parish ( a rebuilt Burgman) which even hauled my incredibly lardy arse up to 60 on the M6 - then I went and bought a Piaggio X9-500cc which was brilliant till it shit its ECU.
Fast, comfortable, good road presence, loads of storage and comfy passenger seat/position - defo if you can find a Silverwing or similar go for it. They are just a bit of a PITA come service time due to the amount of bodywork that needs to come off to access service items.