The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Cont.

So all* I did was replace the frame, loom , original Suzuki 2 into 4  zorst, fit Bandit 6 front end n rear wheel. While I can strip n restore carbs they make my head hurt so took them to a friend of mine who is a pro bike mechanic.. week later I get a phone call, good news or bad news? Well all parts to rebuild these carbs are available bad news you need them all. Just bill me says I

Yet more cont.

So we are nearly there. Ring my friends partner and ask him to drop round for a coffee and get fucked off, x3 over 6 weeks.

Youfuckingwhat.jpg

My priority list gets reorganised with the GS at the bottom of the list.

So flashband I hear you say, why know why bring this up. Cos I'm loosing my workshop n having sat for 3 years it's become knocked battered n covered with overspray and like the cunt I am I will be serving the calipers replacing tyres for new 're respraying the bastard complete wiv new battery and MOT.

At which point I will be slinging it back at this delightful* couple. Fortunately my mate is following me to give me a lift back, when i asked him is that to stop me braining the cnut with a crow bar he said yes.

In the highly unlikely event you read this lizzie  n kev

FUCK YOU

20 minutes ago, Flashband said:

Calipers serviced, bike running. Tyres n paint ordered. Hey ho only money ain't it

Can't wait to see the back of this or them

Your "debt" has been paid in full.

It's great that somebody once did something fantastic for you. 

BUT....it can't continue like this for your own physical and mental well being.

Call it a day now and if you feel guilty....don't. Blame me for it, you can't keep repaying a "guilt debt".

It's your way of dealing with the situation but unless you can get some sort of closure you will always feel you owe her.

You can't ultimately "repay" her but you don't need to. I think once you've returned the bike you should feel the burden has lifted.

I'd return the bike and just have a ten minute chat. You've done enough. 

A few years ago I bought another ke175d to go with my well used one I’ve had since I was 16 . The long termer has done everything , commuting , pleasure road rides and trail riding far and above its design remit . But it’s very much in its working clothes and a definite knack is reqd to ride it these days. 

So enter the second one . Bought locally for £425 a couple of years ago . It’s yellow and black ( cornish colours ) and a local bike which even came with the plate from the supplying bike shop close to where I live so that was the main reason I bought it .

Like most bikes I buy it came as a box of bits and stayed like that for about a year . Then came the first lockdown . I saw this coming so loaded up my van with it and all my substantial ke parts haul and parked it in my drive . Lockdown was spent rebuilding the old girl . All the mechanical work got done but it was another 6 months or so before my friend could paint the tank etc . This spurred me on and I finally put it in for its test this week . First mot on the computerised system so she’s been off the road for a bit .

Clean sheet pass and it’s going in for the decals on Monday . I was going to sell it but it rides so bloody well I can’t decide what to do now . 🤪

EEE07485-5AA9-4CC5-B381-793E8956C6AD.jpeg

42B63704-3232-46D6-9032-AD935F36809E.jpeg

Replaced the disks on my SV earlier.

stuff.jpg#

run of the mill EBC disks, new bolts and GG pads.

wheel.jpg

Bit shinier.

Celebrated by tightening the axle down on the speedo drive gear like all the pro's do. I was even happier when i saw the cost of a new one.

washer.jpg

old disk seems to have lost various chunks of the washers that stop the thing rattling. Might be replaceable? Probably not worth the risk of it all coming to bits. Brake pad was worn a little unevenly where the lazy piston wasn't quite working, hopefully its exercise the other day will have resolved that but i'll take a look at in in the summer and see what its up to.

9 hours ago, twosmoke300 said:

A few years ago I bought another ke175d to go with my well used one I’ve had since I was 16 . The long termer has done everything , commuting , pleasure road rides and trail riding far and above its design remit . But it’s very much in its working clothes and a definite knack is reqd to ride it these days. 

So enter the second one . Bought locally for £425 a couple of years ago . It’s yellow and black ( cornish colours ) and a local bike which even came with the plate from the supplying bike shop close to where I live so that was the main reason I bought it .

Like most bikes I buy it came as a box of bits and stayed like that for about a year . Then came the first lockdown . I saw this coming so loaded up my van with it and all my substantial ke parts haul and parked it in my drive . Lockdown was spent rebuilding the old girl . All the mechanical work got done but it was another 6 months or so before my friend could paint the tank etc . This spurred me on and I finally put it in for its test this week . First mot on the computerised system so she’s been off the road for a bit .

Clean sheet pass and it’s going in for the decals on Monday . I was going to sell it but it rides so bloody well I can’t decide what to do now . 🤪

EEE07485-5AA9-4CC5-B381-793E8956C6AD.jpeg

42B63704-3232-46D6-9032-AD935F36809E.jpeg

Looks great that. Love the yellow as well. 

4 hours ago, strangeangel said:

Come on now, you can't post this and not tell us more! Puch MS50 with some sot of Honda Cub clone motor?

Picked this up off eBay, thought it had erm potential 

Screenshot_20200121-092613.png

It's only saving grace was it came with a log book.

I thought it would be fun to nail together something that looked hopelessly illegal but wasent.

Tank is from a lawnmower 

Screenshot_20200121-092503.png

Wodged in a 125 pit bike engine., leather seat n bulb horn. 

On 18/09/2020 at 12:12, LightBulbFun said:

one for the bikeshite people I think?

been trying to figure out what this is, I did not think Tomos's went back to 1929? or just good ol DVLA shenanigans? 

image.thumb.png.6396dfec6a8de71204bb4b4d5483a367.png

(as a side note, I have noticed a good amount of pre 1931 vehicles being registered today with the DVLA are motorcycles...)

Follow up on this, (cc @martc ) BF9326 is now showing as a Velocette 

screencapture-vehicleenquiry-service-gov-uk-VehicleFound-2021-02-28-01_31_37.thumb.png.51d7fc30dea206407b0f319b99af8020.png

the interesting thing is the Internal DVLA Make code for Velocette is UC, (which it is now showing) where as the one For Tomos is VC which is what it was showing beforehand

so I think clearly what happened is someone picked the wrong make code from a drop down menu or such, 

gives some interesting insight into the inner workings of the DVLA :) like it tells us that all the manufacturers are internally sorted by Make code rather then by actual name 

14 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

Follow up on this, (cc @martc ) BF9326 is now showing as a Velocette 

screencapture-vehicleenquiry-service-gov-uk-VehicleFound-2021-02-28-01_31_37.thumb.png.51d7fc30dea206407b0f319b99af8020.png

the interesting thing is the Internal DVLA Make code for Velocette is UC, (which it is now showing) where as the one For Tomos is VC which is what it was showing beforehand

so I think clearly what happened is someone picked the wrong make code from a drop down menu or such, 

gives some interesting insight into the inner workings of the DVLA :) like it tells us that all the manufacturers are internally sorted by Make code rather then by actual name 

That makes more sense thanks for following it up. Looks like some one in on bread and water rations for a week at Swansea.

5 hours ago, groovylee said:

New bike has been purchased. Now I need to upset the adventure bike types by riding it in full leathers and garishly coloured full face helmet 😬👍 can’t wait to be allowed out to ride it properly. 

D16B0ACB-FA7B-4999-BA23-F906CA1C6E8A.jpeg

Don't forget you're not allowed to nod or wave at other bikers now you have one of those. It's the rule. Or are you going to rebel against that as well? You'll be drummed out of Der Klub.

10 hours ago, martc said:

Don't forget you're not allowed to nod or wave at other bikers now you have one of those. It's the rule. Or are you going to rebel against that as well? You'll be drummed out of Der Klub.

Never got this nodding to each other stuff, if all Astra/Focus etc drivers did it they'd and up with rsi. 

If your going to define yourself choice of transport isn't the best way

Inb4 you don't understand...got my licence in 94 and since then 3/4 of that time a bike has been my only form of transport

Right, took the A100 to a local bike shop for a check over as the top end seemed noisy. They tightened the head down and put some rubber blocks between the fins, otherwise said it sounded fine and the bore looked ok. It's had a decent quality paint job on the tank, panels and shock tops, plus the frame looks like it's been done but the rest of the bike needs some help, especially the wheels.

May be an image of motorcycle and outdoors

Today it was time to get the AP50 (or A50P, as I think the non-UK European ones were called) out and after a handful of kicks it fired up and ran. Once warmed I gave it a spin up/down the road and it was GR8 fun. One indicator doesn't work, changing the blub made no odds but I'll try and get the headlight off to have a look. The chrome is a bit* shit, but I totally CBA about getting it done, as it'll just end up highlighting other bits that need doing.

May be an image of motorcycle and outdoors

I start a new job on Monday,it's all good apart from one thing,it's an old industrial estate and the company has basically taken over half of it,and has zero parking,I did a dummy run this morning in my Yaris to see what the situation was like as if I was going to work,and even at 7.30 all the roads were packed with cars,and I would have been hard pushed to find a space,not an ideal way to start every working day! I do however still have my 88 MZ,which has been kept legal all the while,and of course I can hopefully slot it in alongside one of the buildings or off the road etc fairly easily,so looks like I will be back on two wheels again,going to be interesting getting used to it and getting wet again,but I feel it's worth it for not having the stress of having to find somewhere to park the car every day.

C1 update... clonk from front suspension found, after reassembling it all (again):

shock.thumb.jpeg.14d3d5f2e4ed995b3064705f570a1bdf.jpeg

That'll be that then. Second hand shock arrived from Italy and has been fitted. Then I decided to stick a battery on it and see how much of the electrical stuff is broken; wasn't too bothered about starting it as I'd seen it running. Amazingly, all the electrics worked! Flushed with this success I tried to start it... it fired up but wouldn't rev high enough to move itself. Holding the throttle open results in it revving to a certain level, dropping back to tickover, revving up to the same level again and repeat. It's so precise it doesn't seem like a 'proper' fault, rather something that's being imposed by some piece of electronics. So I tipped the seat up, and quickly wished I hadn't:

arse1.thumb.jpeg.20ececc7332f7043ce489886a196e783.jpeg

This is presumably an air flow sensor of some sort, not connected to anything. Useful. But that's nothing:

arse2.thumb.jpeg.e8f28fff08f783bbfddad81fadb02d05.jpeg

Missing screws, homebrew connectors and, yes, that is two bare wires twisted together 😠 Time to find a wiring diagram.

I can see this ending well.