The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Just now, hairnet said:

*twitches violently at thought of v twin

I love my V-twins. The RC8 and RC8R were the absolute bollocks, and the Guzzi is a bike I just can't be parted from. 

The Harley was a mistake, but I had to scratch that itch. It truly was the most scary bike I have owned.

I love my V-twins. The RC8 and RC8R were the absolute bollocks, and the Guzzi is a bike I just can't be parted from. 
The Harley was a mistake, but I had to scratch that itch. It truly was the most scary bike I have owned.
Vtwins are the best twins. I do love the sound of an angry in line four on full chat, but for 99% of riding a V is just better.

I sort of regret moving the storm on when the guzzi arrived but the cash was needed elsewhere.

And I still love my Guzzi. Not the best in any measurable way but they have soul

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I had an Aprilia Dorsoduro that I exchanged for my V1200 Guzzi. 

I would still have the Dorsoduro now if it wasn't for the stupidly low fuel range. Used it on a track day at Snetterton and ran the tank dry at around 45 miles.

The Guzzi has been a paragon of reliability. I would ride it anywhere.

38 minutes ago, hairnet said:

M160RA

ill pay your fuel

(no thats not quite where i live)

and buy you some proper chips :D

It's in the UK as its financially not worth bringing it out here as to get it matriculated for a Spanish registration is both financially ruinous (its modified) and there is no degree of certainty that it will pass.

I'll use it when I fly back to the UK, although uncertain if I can ride it on a Spanish licence as a named rider if my brother insures it for us both. 

The chips will come with curry sauce, won't they?

And yes, V-twins suck. Then they squeeze. Then they BANG. Then blow. 😁

Oooo I forgot to update my new (to me) bike in this thread, it’s put away for the winter now (cos I’m a pansy and I’m longer ride in the cold) but back at the end of summer i I bought this Honda as I had one twenty years ago and realised it was the best bike I ever owned, people I give you .... the VFR750FV

9815c7d1d42ed67ef498f8a2287439cd.jpg

Not gonna lie, apart from off-roading, this is the best all round motorcycle any company ever made, and I’ll argue that fact with anyone (but I’d prefer not to argue with you lot)
I should add, it’s done 53k miles and rides virtually like new, Hondas really were built well 20 years ago

3 minutes ago, Stinkwheel said:

Oooo I forgot to update my new (to me) bike in this thread, it’s put away for the winter now (cos I’m a pansy and I’m longer ride in the cold) but back at the end of summer i I bought this Honda as I had one twenty years ago and realised it was the best bike I ever owned, people I give you .... the VFR750FV

9815c7d1d42ed67ef498f8a2287439cd.jpg

Not gonna lie, apart from off-roading, this is the best all round motorcycle any company ever made, and I’ll argue that fact with anyone (but I’d prefer not to argue with you lot)
I should add, it’s done 53k miles and rides virtually like new, Hondas really were built well 20 years ago

I had one, went to the TT and Nurburgring on it. Never missed a beat, comfy even after a whole day riding. Regret selling it, now it's bean tins 😔

I had one, went to the TT and Nurburgring on it. Never missed a beat, comfy even after a whole day riding. Regret selling it, now it's bean tins

Yep, I know the one I bought at 6 months old in 1997 went onto 75k miles before being killed in a hit and run (I didn’t own it by then)

But I sold it at 6k miles, I’d be lying if i didn’t say this 53k mile engine feels healthier than my original one did.

Had one exactly the same as a work bike in 2001. It was P reg, and we fought to keep it on the fleet as it was a great bike.

Then they got a few VFR800's with VTEC and underwear exhausts. They went well but the exhausts made them somewhat impractical for work.

The latest VFR800's are brilliant. Don't look much different from the 750 and early 800's. I loved them, but still a bit too pricey for me.

• 2 weeks later...

2021-honda-ct125-hunter-cub.jpg

i want to buy one of these

due to euro 5 coming in uk still adhering to that shite - wasnt that supposed to stop all that

they arent bringing them in - the grom that shares the engine is a new model for 21 the engine is different and has 5 speed box :D

this will get that maybe eventually

this chap on yootoobe has modded his

the only thing i want is the cross brace on the bars and the rack thing above the headlight

when i found out how much the exhaust was 😮

when the big bore kit cost 1/3 that (and 50 quid to fit)

@Conan can you help :Dbow.gif

16 hours ago, hairnet said:

2021-honda-ct125-hunter-cub.jpg

i want to buy one of these

due to euro 5 coming in uk still adhering to that shite - wasnt that supposed to stop all that

they arent bringing them in - the grom that shares the engine is a new model for 21 the engine is different and has 5 speed box :D

this will get that maybe eventually

this chap on yootoobe has modded his

the only thing i want is the cross brace on the bars and the rack thing above the headlight

when i found out how much the exhaust was 😮

when the big bore kit cost 1/3 that (and 50 quid to fit)

@Conan can you help :Dbow.gif

I have been lusting after 1 of these for a while now,  even thinking instead of returning to UK,  maybe go and live in thailand just to get 1.

So many dreams of round the world trips on 1, well in reality to local chippy and fun in some puddles .

3 hours ago, Sir Chocolate Teapot said:

well in reality to local chippy and fun in some puddles .

:D

the video before that of him and his usa mate on the same bike (not manfred on the wave :D )

edd has off road tyres his mate doesnt - his mate still made it even tho there were some bog holes :D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-Honda-CB600F-Hornet-Silver-16-264-Miles/373420905482?hash=item56f19ed40a:g:y00AAOSwCs5f9zmP

s-l1600.jpg

must not........

very early - highly original - i do have an exhaust cover in the garage cough

did have a 99 version in 99 :D

had 4 600s and 2 900s - im such a nerd been a long time since i had a 4

least its not got hi sports in it :D

so after having fart cannon purchased for a while

decided if the weathers ok tomorrow to fit it

been in all day even had someone collect some tat so even went in the garage

was meant to spray bolts with penetrant

what havent i done

'sake

ate biccies and drank tea

annoyed now

On the subject of bikes, I rather foolishly been using mine in the rain etc, got straight in to dry off and get changed BUT didn't dry the bike.

So now have very small rust spots on the exhaust silencer and pipe itself, with a load of grubby stains all over.

How is best to remove said rust and stains ? (Looking to buy something to protect it too - ACF50 or similar)

Bike cleaning and protection advice greatly recieved.

9 minutes ago, Minimad5 said:

On the subject of bikes, I rather foolishly been using mine in the rain etc, got straight in to dry off and get changed BUT didn't dry the bike.

So now have very small rust spots on the exhaust silencer and pipe itself, with a load of grubby stains all over.

How is best remove said rust and stains ? (Looking to buy something to protect it too - ACF50 or similar)

Bike cleaning and protection advice greatly recieved.

340?cb=20120910204254

On 1/18/2021 at 10:01 PM, hairnet said:

fairy and a bucket of water - yes people will say oh salt but rinse it off well

I'm that person and I claim my five pounds.

oh salt!! and degreasers

The cheapest wash and wax  car shampoo is infinitely preferable to washing up liquid. And two buckets (ducks).

24 minutes ago, hairnet said:

Friend had one of those and rarely cleaned it - got cleaned whe. It went for a service and he took it off roading

Got pro cleaned when he sold it and got good money for it with fair few miles on It

Took a S100XR off tarmac and onto the dirt? ... now that I would have to see !

The bike isn't really built or set up for that, but I guess some light grass and mud could be approached with the correct tyres.