The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

4 hours ago, hairnet said:

WANT

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133488331463?ul_noapp=true

theres a cb160 on there too but i dont think im ready to spend that much on a plaything yet

i asked blue honda man a question - whats the distance from the handlebar to the ground - to see if it would fit in a berlingo type van instead of a transit (i am NOT riding it back from whitby)

his answer

'i dont have a tape measure'

WTF

i dont do diy but i have 3 ffs

I'd put money on that fitting in a Berlingo, no danger.

Today I fitted the 'proper' fuel tap to the MBX50, only the sodding thing has a smaller outlet pipe than the one that was on it. Without the use of tiny jubilee clips or some of those things you squeeze shut with pliers, it'll just keep leaking fuel. Did get some strong fuse wire and tighten it with pliers, but sod using the bike like that as it could get interesting* spitting out juice onto a hot engine. Still haven't fitted the belly pan, nor replaced the fork seals either.  

X7 also still leaks fuel, as does the TS and the Vespa, the latter is chucking it out near the exhaust somewhere. Has been suggested the float bowl will be sticking, it can wait 'til another day though as the Honda is taking up the ramp.

Got lots to do on the house, but bollocks, its Sunday. Had a bit of a ride around the area on tracks I know, and tried a few I've never been on before.

Then it got baking hot (dont like riding off road without protective clothing) so back to the house for more gardening fun.

Lots of bikes seen on the road, but not many parked up at the usual places I see them. All part of the Covid  effect I suppose.

20200816_174042.thumb.jpg.a2346e82257d46352a16770bdec90a3b.jpg

Bit of fuckery happened today. 

@TheMokriteleft for work and I got a call from him about 5 minutes later. He works 45ish minutes away. So; odd.

Despite having less than 100 miles under my belt I got on my bike to go rescue and provide tools. His chain had fucked off the rear sprocket but no damage, just a case of fitting it back on properly. 

Then I dropped the bike at a junction less than 1 minute from home and this happened:

IMG_20200816_180627.jpg

IMG_20200816_180635.jpg

All well and good, two blokes in a Porsche rescued me by wedging it back in with some tissue paper so I could continue my mission.

Mokrite was rescued, back on his way, I collected bread from Lidl and then set about fixing it.

IMG_20200816_180650.jpg

"Fixing"

IMG_20200816_181052.jpg

IMG_20200816_181119.jpg

Aye fuck it it'll do for now.

3 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Got lots to do on the house, but bollocks, its Sunday. Had a bit of a ride around the area on tracks I know, and tried a few I've never been on before.

Then it got baking hot (dont like riding off road without protective clothing) so back to the house for more gardening fun.

Lots of bikes seen on the road, but not many parked up at the usual places I see them. All part of the Covid  effect I suppose.

20200816_174042.thumb.jpg.a2346e82257d46352a16770bdec90a3b.jpg

when shitstorm calms down a bit expect a visit - where the nearest bike hire place

derbi or rieju 250 please

26 minutes ago, hairnet said:

when shitstorm calms down a bit expect a visit - where the nearest bike hire place

derbi or rieju 250 please

No idea if bikes are hired around here. You can borrow one of mine. Here you insure the bike, and so anyone over 25 can ride it as long as they have a licence.

You are over 25, aren't you?

https://www.shorturl.at/djBG8

seeing as they want 480 euro or 606 depending on where you go into - hate to think how much if you go now or last month but thats a time id never go to france or spain

i was thinking this

might take two days but end of october im not looking forward to the french weather..........

but fly to alicante cheap cheap and a single cylinder (hi chris @Six-cylinder ) bmw is 340 quid for a week

which would still be cheaper than the ferry including pousadas

brittany suck

Well this is away......was at the point of just saying fuck it and pulling the advert down after the usual "£500 cash 2nite m8" messages. One lad was being extremely pushy and not taking no for an answer.

But then yesterday two Polish lads turned up when they said they would, haggled fairly after actually looking at the bike, paid cash and fecked off with the minimum of hassle.

Sad to see it go but space and money and time etc

465bd581c961913ef232267d4a9b2d4f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Hey bikeshiters, I'm thinking about a 2 week camping/hostelling trip on my Pan European in the next few weeks. At the moment I'm thinking about getting a ferry to the Hook of Holland then making my way down through Germany to Krakow, before going to Zakopane to spend a few days riding in the Tatra mountains. After that the plan is open but I wouldn't mind spending some more time in Poland, maybe heading up to Gdansk and looping back around the Baltic coast. I know some people on here have a lot more experience than me (I've only got one Euro trip under my belt) so would welcome any suggestions. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Tepper said:

Hey bikeshiters, I'm thinking about a 2 week camping/hostelling trip on my Pan European in the next few weeks. At the moment I'm thinking about getting a ferry to the Hook of Holland then making my way down through Germany to Krakow, before going to Zakopane to spend a few days riding in the Tatra mountains. After that the plan is open but I wouldn't mind spending some more time in Poland, maybe heading up to Gdansk and looping back around the Baltic coast. I know some people on here have a lot more experience than me (I've only got one Euro trip under my belt) so would welcome any suggestions. Thanks!

I've done loads of Euro touring, but went up to Scotland for 10 days at the start of this Month.

Was fantastic - okay so the roads arent Alpine (bar a few), but plenty of riding, including lots of technical bends. Low stress and no risk of getting stranded or having to quarantine etc. 2600 miles top to bottom with loads of detours and sights.

I used the book Biker's Britain (from the magazine Ride) for the tour and the day rides. Met up with an old friend on the route and even hiked Ben Nevis.

Don't discount home territory this year.

It's back! 4 months or so off the road and it's been sorted now, fingers crossed. Some sort of engine casing repair, new (lightened) fly wheel, new GP crank, new Scootopia 22mm carb, new petrol tap, re-bore, new/better piston and rings. Obviously have to run it in but sounds loads better, isn't bogging down and even at slow pull away until 20 or 30mph it's much crisper, cleaner and feels like it's found a missing horse or two...

118131465_2391117504517525_4999720822200560348_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=HFvTcvQNCgUAX_rUUEx&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=fcf7dc2463a9e2f4b25e457ca509b9bc&oe=5F60E753

...obvs like being Italian none of the fucking electrics work any more, but as there isn't a battery it's hopefully something simple like an earth, or is related to when they replaced the flywheel. 

*Edit: Photo shows deliberately* left over fuel cap flap.

10 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

That's awesome I had a go on one last year and they are hugely confidence inspiring, I chickened out and bought an MT09SP instead :D

The SP is a fantastic bike and was on my list.

Got a storming deal on this only 1100 miles and all the depreciation taken by the former owner.

been looking at honda ftr 223 (flat tracker) cb223 same bike only looks 70s

uncle pat had one 7-8 years ago and when he sold it he only was 14-1500 euro for it (shoulda bought it)

theres a place in yorks that does j tin imports - looking at kawa 250 TR

2700-3000

that sounds like quite a lot :(

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Very-rare-1967-JDM-Honda-CL90/274293005855

s-l1600.jpg

i want this tho :D

fuxake

VFR passed it's annual poke and prod, while I survived my annual ride through central Luton (check back with me in 2 weeks to be sure on that one of course...) 

Didn't have an extended ride home due to it pissing down, but at least my Altbergs are as waterproof as advertised at least for the half hour of it chucking down which is good.

21 hours ago, hairnet said:

been looking at honda ftr 223 (flat tracker) cb223 same bike only looks 70s

uncle pat had one 7-8 years ago and when he sold it he only was 14-1500 euro for it (shoulda bought it)

theres a place in yorks that does j tin imports - looking at kawa 250 TR

2700-3000

that sounds like quite a lot :(

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Very-rare-1967-JDM-Honda-CL90/274293005855

i want this tho :D

fuxake

Looks a bit like an original SS50 with the exhaust off a later one. Just Googled the 250TR, they look pretty smart to be fair.

Sick and tired of piss poor 35W/35W motorcycle lights on small 125's .... I took matters into my own hands!

received_645200719736359.thumb.jpeg.c2d438a8578ecddc2ee0bae0b7e9d323.jpegDip beam now!

received_1864482290360916.thumb.jpeg.fd1b47a3fd9757f79346b9f97032096c.jpegMain beam now!

7.5inch Chinese plastic light bowl fitted and stripped down HID H4 car 55W bulb .... Funnily enough not one person has attempted to drive at me from a side road since fitting ?

Laws on HID on motorcycles seems muddy as free range pond water, so what the hell for less than £40?

Also down geared (maybe a little too far) to 49 teeth rear and 13 front. This is in the vain hope it will actually top 55mph with a prevailing back wind .... May move to 15/49 as have all fronts from 13 to 15 now. 

On 8/19/2020 at 5:14 PM, pilninggas said:

ACtC-3e2ptXUoTwKt3zAACtMbOgrj2_n_KtwyIIv

ACtC-3fHvfRWlFJr0jTnQsfYHAfGHv-rY3z9WVNiz-YnFVb1H7hpCjJP53c0vWKFgRdsJJqcSi3H59zwaeR2PLJtQosHYFBZSJlY5miO8Mu9xdRI36d9ByrawEcUY1v14DCOMNFNtkzxLZQDHHvJRJgQz1Ob=w811-h608-no?authuser=0

We crossed the Grossglockner Pass in Austria last May. As we were going down from the summit we were stopped by a bloke in Yamaha clothing waving a flag

As we waited, a Niken came around a hairpin bend and stopped in a carpark. You could here something scraping the tarmac for about 50% of the bend. Then another. And another. And another. About 10 in all, everyone scraping pegs (or something) as they came round. The road opened as as we went past all we saw were "thumbs up" from the riders, all smiling and laughing.

I'm not brave enough though...Hope you thoroughly enjoy it.