The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

9 minutes ago, Tamworthbay said:

On boy that is nice, what condition is it in apart from the obvious?

Mechanically very good - I rebuilt the top end before the lockdown with 0.5mm oversized pistons and rebore (+new plugs and coils, as well as ceramic greased the powervalves). It pulls like a train and handles sweetly.

The bodywork is average. It's got marks in places - it's better than some but isn't pristine.

I love it but have too many bikes and need to reduce the fleet.

9 minutes ago, pilninggas said:

Mechanically very good - I rebuilt the top end before the lockdown with 0.5mm oversized pistons and rebore (+new plugs and coils, as well as ceramic greased the powervalves). It pulls like a train and handles sweetly.

The bodywork is average. It's got marks in places - it's better than some but isn't pristine.

I love it but have too many bikes and need to reduce the fleet.

I will have a look at finances and have a think. I had loads of RDs and KRs but never an RG, been looking at RGVs but they are stupid money.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthbay said:

I will have a look at finances and have a think. I had loads of RDs and KRs but never an RG, been looking at RGVs but they are stupid money.

Rgvs are astonishing money. 

It's as quick as a YPVS (I had one) but much better handling.

Never owned an LC of any description, but had loads of other two strokes from 50cc Piaggio Zips up to Mach IV and H2 Kawasaki triples.

Hopefully I'll be able to find something suitable to buy soon, as I stopped looking a couple of months ago.  Come next week, the hunt is on again! Quite fancy an Ossa 500...

10 hours ago, Tamworthbay said:

RGVs are into crazy money territory now, whereas earlier RGs aren't too bad.  There is (or was) a very  very nice KR1S for sale recently for about £3,800.

Scored from eBay with 12 months MOT, seller didn't seem to happy with the end price (£1,035) but was decent enough to have honoured it. Collected from Telford in the Galaxy a couple of months back and it's absolutely ace to ride, really brings a smile to the face. Seems to pull (an indicated) 40mph with no problem and gets there nicely. Tempted to stick a 65cc big bore kit, expansion chamber and upgraded carb, but will probably leave it as it is.

Image may contain: motorcycle and outdoor

Some people are asking stupid money for them at the moment, probably because they've seen 'proper' FS1Es (this is an FS1M, if you didn't know) go for big money, so assume they're all worth the same. Did want an FS1E (pedal version) but they're just so expensive now and figured for the price of a good one you could probably easily get at least 4 other bikes that you could enjoy riding.

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

Scored from eBay with 12 months MOT, seller didn't seem to happy with the end price (£1,035) but was decent enough to have honoured it. Collected from Telford in the Galaxy a couple of months back and it's absolutely ace to ride, really brings a smile to the face. Seems to pull (an indicated) 40mph with no problem and gets there nicely. Tempted to stick a 65cc big bore kit, expansion chamber and upgraded carb, but will probably leave it as it is.

Some people are asking stupid money for them at the moment, probably because they've seen 'proper' FS1Es (this is an FS1M, if you didn't know) go for big money, so assume they're all worth the same. Did want an FS1E (pedal version) but they're just so expensive now and figured for the price of a good one you could probably easily get at least 4 other bikes that you could enjoy riding.

Can you go away now please???

The FS1M was the restricted version IIRC, should be dead easy to make it breathe properly. Great bargain there, well purchased.

Well it is a very sad day indeed.

Today i sold my final remaining bike. ( subject to Italian burocracy and bank transfer happening wednesday)

20200803_175202.thumb.jpg.ff4d16b7b70a7c48b58744544710a013.jpg

I bought my bonneville in 2004, 16 years together,  lasted longer than my marriage which is the cause of the great sell off.

Was looking through the paper work, i bought the bike in london 2004 for £4849 brand new. Just sold here in italy 16 years later for € euros 4600. Takes a bit of the sadness away.

1st time in my life since 10 years old with no bikes.

When i return to UK will have to see if i keep on riding.

All these 2 strokes on display are talking to me.

On 7/21/2020 at 6:14 PM, They_all_do_that_sir said:

This is literally 5mins from my house. Great wee spin at lunchtime, working from home isn't all bad

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1a8c7292a9c656cad37324665f77bf68.jpg

hai

wheres good for seafood on ards penninsula in october?

due to possible bummage by hertz budget etc wanna stay in the north else id go to carlingford

fanks

4 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

A mate of mine had one of those way back when in the same colours. Think it was on a G (1990) plate. If my memory serves me correctly, these were actually restricted by the disc valve compared to earlier (faster) versions. Might be worth looking at if you want more oomph

Here's another bought blind. Like a few of the fleet, had fancied one since they were new. Used to go to town on Saturdays with a mate, get the salesman to pull one of them out and then sit on it and and dream! 

Just over 40 years later, it's happened:

IMG_20200721_072139.thumb.jpg.17843537f673f2f9653bf4896d9e797f.jpg

Shortly after this arrived, I sold the DT100 which I regretted very quickly, but it funded the next one along. 

Fuel tap leaks (must be a Suzuki thing) and Speedo wobbles like mad over 30mph, but f*ck me, Vicar, it don't half shift.

44 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Here's another bought blind. Like a few of the fleet, had fancied one since they were new. Used to go to town on Saturdays with a mate, get the salesman to pull one of them out and then sit on it and and dream! 

Just over 40 years later, it's happened:

IMG_20200721_072139.thumb.jpg.17843537f673f2f9653bf4896d9e797f.jpg

Shortly after this arrived, I sold the DT100 which I regretted very quickly, but it funded the next one along. 

Fuel tap leaks (must be a Suzuki thing) and Speedo wobbles like mad over 30mph, but f*ck me, Vicar, it don't half shift.

I had the TS125ER in red, same vintage. I think they did a 250 version ? 

My 125 topped out at about 75 mph, but you could lift the front wheel in second gear.  It was very low geared. 

If you ever want to sell it, can I have first dibs? 

49 minutes ago, New POD said:

I had the TS125ER in red, same vintage. I think they did a 250 version ? 

My 125 topped out at about 75 mph, but you could lift the front wheel in second gear.  It was very low geared. 

If you ever want to sell it, can I have first dibs? 

50/125/175/185/250. The latter are daft money now, one or two have gone for £4000.

49 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

50/125/175/185/250. The latter are daft money now, one or two have gone for £4000.

Prices have risen to the point where riding them isnt very viable. When I go to meet ups and see FSIE's and LC's, I check their MOT histories. Few do more than 100 miles a year.

Still see a few spotty yoof's riding Aprilia RS125's in Essex, which I encourage. But now RS's are  being sought out by the 30 somethings, so good one will start going up in price soon. Get them whilst they are (relatively) cheap.

On 8/2/2020 at 9:45 PM, Fabergé Greggs said:

s-l1600.jpg

This has got me seriously palpitating. If only I hadn't just spaffed everything on more Vespas. 

I remeber these things when they were launched.  Much want, too much stupidity at the time.  I'd still buy one even though I want a shafty.

Bit of help required.

Chuck's bike has just been for its MOT and failed on a rusty swingarm. Trying to find one for the actual bike is proving difficult for someone who doesn't know what he is really looking for.

The bike is a Suzuki EN125.

Screenshot_20200804-104830.thumb.png.ddf976fb1570b89db63d4cd800abe595.png

Details there.

I have no idea what cross comparability is like across the bikes, there appears to be GP, GS and GN all 125 but finding an EN labeled listing isn't happening.

Any pointers, links to actual parts would help me massively too.

Tester said apart from that it was a very good little bike.

As always cost is likely to be a factor but I can't even find one for sale!

12 hours ago, thatsmacar said:

I remeber these things when they were launched.  Much want, too much stupidity at the time.  I'd still buy one even though I want a shafty.

I had an F2 one, the single best and most boring bike I have ever had. It was just so good at everything that there sort of wasn’t any fun compared to something a bit worse.I bought it when I was living in the Netherlands and was lucky enough to take it around Zandvoort circuit (or what’s left of it).

29 minutes ago, Tickman said:

Bit of help required.

Chuck's bike has just been for its MOT and failed on a rusty swingarm. Trying to find one for the actual bike is proving difficult for someone who doesn't know what he is really looking for.

The bike is a Suzuki EN125.

Screenshot_20200804-104830.thumb.png.ddf976fb1570b89db63d4cd800abe595.png

Details there.

I have no idea what cross comparability is like across the bikes, there appears to be GP, GS and GN all 125 but finding an EN labeled listing isn't happening.

Any pointers, links to actual parts would help me massively too.

Tester said apart from that it was a very good little bike.

As always cost is likely to be a factor but I can't even find one for sale!

A rare wee bike, I can't find an online fiche for it anywhere. That said I'm willing to bet the existing swing arm is steel and would weld up just fine. Normally such swing arms are made of three bits of pipe and a pressed steel gusset. It's normally the gusset that rots out but the pipes are fine so cutting out the rot plating up should be ok. Just be careful welding around the bearings & seals as they may well be plastic bushes and not roller bearings.

If you did want to go down the replacement route then try Breaking Point in Aberdeen. They might not have broken an EN but if they had a GS or similar swing arm in stock then you could compare the two side by side. 

http://www.breakingpoint.co.uk/

9 minutes ago, blackboilersuit said:

A rare wee bike, I can't find an online fiche for it anywhere. That said I'm willing to bet the existing swing arm is steel and would weld up just fine. Normally such swing arms are made of three bits of pipe and a pressed steel gusset. It's normally the gusset that rots out but the pipes are fine so cutting out the rot plating up should be ok. Just be careful welding around the bearings & seals as they may well be plastic bushes and not roller bearings.

I haven't had a look as it is still at the garage. 

I'm guessing the gusset is indeed the main issue.

When it is back home I will pull it out for a look.

Try Deeside Motorcycles and Scooters for the EN swinging arm if you get stuck they might have one. Sods law, was there earlier today :( Even more sods law, owned  this twice, the last time was a few weeks ago...

Image may contain: people sitting, motorcycle and outdoor

Today saw the removal of the awful looking petrol tap on the MBX50, went to get a replacement (second hand) which  was exactly the same, but bought it anyway so there's a spare. The tank and fuel were pretty clean, but swilled it out anyhow, then refitted the tap after cleaning the filer which was quite dirty and probably partly clogged. Fingers crossed it's ok now, but did notice there was no air filter in the airbox and extra hole had been drilled. Maybe someone was trying to get some extra power out of it? Bet it didn't make any difference. From the breaker's it was time to revisit the Lambretta, it still looks like this...

Image may contain: 1 person, motorcycle

Hopefully the re-bored barrel and new (better quality) piston will be here by end of the week and then fitted and ready to go. Haven't been out on it months, and when it is finally ready the bloody forks need rebuilding next. It's had or having a new GP crank, rebore/piston and a new Scootopia carb, on top of the new clutch, brakes and other stuff not so long ago.  Could have gone for a bigger and better cylinder kit and carb, but not that arsed about top speed to be honest, if it can hold a steady 50mph with occasional bursts up to 60 odd, it'll be fine. There's always the Scomadi for faster top speed.

The same day the Derbi got delivered, this arrived too...

Image may contain: car and outdoor

...it's a 1982 Yamaha RS125DX, hopefully all there but just in component form. All being well, it's getting dropped off at my mate's for him to build up for me. Had pondered a 'proper' job by having frame blasted/powder coated, and everything rebuilt and re-sprayed etc, but it's not going top happen tbh, so just have to hope that it's all there and all works. Bonus (extra cost) brand new Micron negotiated from the vendor, he bought it hoping it'd fit this Yam, but didn't.  It looks (without being 100% certain) very much like the MBX125 one, so when that is back from work being done will offer it up to see exactly.

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/view/61000-05300-019

if you could get measurements id be looking at breakers and ebay for one the same elngth and width and match the bearings.....

gn or ts or gs?

gotta be worth a go

300 quid tho for something a fab place could make or re brace yours?