The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Image may contain: people sitting, motorcycle and outdoor

Had a few minor problems with this (MBX50), seems to be fuel related, possibly down to the hilariously shit fuel tap from some random other bike. A new genuine one is £83 or something from David Silver, so obvs the shit one can stay for now. It's sodding slow (does do 36mph eventually, once showed 38) and is a typical 2T Honda whereby nothing happens for ages, then it's starts moving, then you have to change gear very quickly. Last time out it only just made it home,  carb off and possibly clean out tank or petrol tap on the cards. Good fun though, albeit very slow good fun.

30 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Image may contain: people sitting, motorcycle and outdoor

Had a few minor problems with this (MBX50), seems to be fuel related, possibly down to the hilariously shit fuel tap from some random other bike. A new genuine one is £83 or something from David Silver, so obvs the shit one can stay for now. It's sodding slow (does do 36mph eventually, once showed 38) and is a typical 2T Honda whereby nothing happens for ages, then it's starts moving, then you have to change gear very quickly. Last time out it only just made it home,  carb off and possibly clean out tank or petrol tap on the cards. Good fun though, albeit very slow good fun.

One word, lush. 

I salute you sir.

I now have my CBT certificate ?

IMG_20200801_114941296.thumb.jpg.baa7e7cca575eb9a113c21494c9b060b.jpg

This fine machine was my steed for the day, it went well, I think my time ripping round the field of dreams on the twist and goes helped as I felt confident in handling the bike and just had to get used to the gears.

Screenshot_20200801-155431.thumb.png.675b5bc7cfcff5d3cdd4364b1d4abef4.pnghttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264794816300

Annoyingly the Van Van I was watching on eBay has sold and as I am not in any great rush to buy one I am going to be picky and hold out for a blue one or maybe a black one.

On 7/30/2020 at 10:31 PM, Cavcraft said:

This seemed a bit of a laugh, so was collected a few weeks back. Head stock bearings had about 17 foot of play in them, so it went in for new ones and a look over. Garage have said it wants rear arm bearings (or bushes, or something) and a throttle cable, so they're going to sort that and hopefully it can get an MOT and I can whang it round. 

Image may contain: motorcycle and outdoor

There's been quite a bit coming/going (mostly 2T stuff, obvs) but the Lambretta is still not fixed.

Living in the (two stroke hazed) fast lane Billy! Need to run that Nand the 50 on decent two stroke oil (not the strawberry scented stuff) although I used to baulk at the £23 a litre price.

Really miss my Aprilia RS250 and Mito 125, both now in the hands of new owners. 

I'll be looking for something 2 stroke in Spain, even if it's just a 50cc scooter for now.

Thanks, they're on Shell at the moment (at least partly, as both had oil in when purchased, and the 50 has been topped up) but could do with bulk buying some in litres really, as you have suggested. In fact, after topping out some of the fleet, there's now sod all left.

Can't especially remember what order they got purchased in (or if mentioned on here before, if so then apol's) but another one that appeared on the radar was this...

Image may contain: people sitting and motorcycle

...it's a Derbi GPR50 'Festina', one of only 1,000 the seller said. He also said the engine had been rebuilt, but someone that knows him messaged me to say he was a bit of an Aldridge Prior' type. Shortly after purchase of this 'will definitely pass the MOT' bike was bought, the vendor asked how it was. Mentioned that the back brake seemed crap and his sterling advice was 'just adjust it, it's a drum brake and really easy to do'.  Erm, yeah, ok then.  Anyhow, haven't done anything with it yet, and the battery is flat now, might try and bump start it over the next few days then find out where the battery lives and charge or replace it. Does seem a good laugh though and will end up on the road again at some point, though because there was no V5 with it it'll probably be about 15 years to get a new from the DVLA at the moment.

Along with some other bikes bought, the vendor's words were accepted and it was bought blind, on line. WCPGW? Had this and another (different) bike (more of that later) delivered on the same day. This from Lincolnshire (or somewhere like that) and the other from Manchester.

Best thing about 2 strokes is the ease of maintenance and even full rebuilds. Mechanical sympathy, like riding gently until the engine is hot, is something 16 and 17 year olds cannot comprehend, hence loads get broken which they then attempt to fix when the last thing they built was Lego.

My 2001 Mito had 16 former owners up until 2013 when it was left broken in a shed. On the rebuild the evidence was it had been broken many times. But I loved it, and everyone of its 33 horses.

20191231_140154.thumb.jpg.a3754728c8b730c1024f3ad28f45ac54.jpg

1671228668_MitoJustDone.thumb.jpg.0807b6a38f2c914fd319b1571beef5e6.jpg

After spending a couple of days going over the Mito, and restoring function of the gear lever, which had me worried for a bit. The pedal was badly adjusted when I got it and, after putting it in the right position, I had no gears at all.

I took off the clutch cover and saw the selector pawl was out of the drum, due to me fucking about with the pedal, phew!

All back together, fairing on and warmed up, I took it for a quick blast along, being mindful of the new cylinder and piston (it definitely has at least a new cylinder, can tell) and I absolutely love it. Still needs new tyres and I'll do the brake pads as well.

Loads of well nuts missing from the fairing so I'll order a load, I have a bolt kit already. Previous owner removed the indicators before MOT so I'll have some fun investigating whether he was telling fibbs when he said it was because the battery was flat. New one fitted when purchased, so, there's a chance...

Pic.IMG_20200719_135358.thumb.jpg.e74404e5f0edbfc00cdafc53cfd3d4d4.jpg

IMG_20200719_140316.thumb.jpg.3deff1360ee907220b369c7ae312796c.jpgIMG_20200801_125822150_HDR.thumb.jpg.a9a599bcb2d1a56a1a164d0aa7851919.jpg3a7.jpg.434b081a837068c3ae7fcfab25a568b1.jpg.1748389075706c5fbf91eaf6ad64c019.jpg

52 minutes ago, Arthur Foxhake said:

After spending a couple of days going over the Mito, and restoring function of the gear lever, which had me worried for a bit. The pedal was badly adjusted when I got it and, after putting it in the right position, I had no gears at all.

I took off the clutch cover and saw the selector pawl was out of the drum, due to me fucking about with the pedal, phew!

All back together, fairing on and warmed up, I took it for a quick blast along, being mindful of the new cylinder and piston (it definitely has at least a new cylinder, can tell) and I absolutely love it. Still needs new tyres and I'll do the brake pads as well.

Loads of well nuts missing from the fairing so I'll order a load, I have a bolt kit already. Previous owner removed the indicators before MOT so I'll have some fun investigating whether he was telling fibbs when he said it was because the battery was flat. New one fitted when purchased, so, there's a chance...

Pic.IMG_20200719_135358.thumb.jpg.e74404e5f0edbfc00cdafc53cfd3d4d4.jpg

IMG_20200719_140316.thumb.jpg.3deff1360ee907220b369c7ae312796c.jpgIMG_20200801_125822150_HDR.thumb.jpg.a9a599bcb2d1a56a1a164d0aa7851919.jpg3a7.jpg.434b081a837068c3ae7fcfab25a568b1.jpg.1748389075706c5fbf91eaf6ad64c019.jpg

Lovely, and with a few hours spent on that trying to sort out the bolts, the indicators and giving it a deep clean, you'll add to the value no end. Seems to be these are bought by the 30 somethings now.

Very easy to get up to 30+bhp with just a few bits and some jet changes. Lots on 2 stroke and Italian forums about tuning. Even the 12 bhp ones go ok and the chassis for exceeds even big horsepower (more than a few Mito frames have big engines fitted).

1 hour ago, Arthur Foxhake said:

Pic.

Soz to go OT, but is that a Citroen Dispatch (or Peugeot equivalent) and how much room is there behind the bike in the picture, please? Think my Transit has seen it's last MOT and these Dispatch type things look a better option than spunking more on another rusty Ford or an unknown Vivaro.

6 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Soz to go OT, but is that a Citroen Dispatch (or Peugeot equivalent) and how much room is there behind the bike in the picture, please? Think my Transit has seen it's last MOT and these Dispatch type things look a better option than spunking more on another rusty Ford or an unknown Vivaro.

@chaseracer - willing punter for yours right there :D

Rode the Nc700 upto Moffat from Caldicot to start a 10 day tour of Scotland and the Lakes. Only motorway used to skirt Greater Manchester. 440 miles, in my personal top 10 all day rides. Roads very quiet all the way up. Even Settle and Hawes quite quiet.

You can get a Fireblade in a Berlingo, as @Dave_Q will testify!

Another that arrived fairly recently (about 5 weeks ago, irrc).  It wasn't 'cheap' but also wasn't quite as expensive as they mostly are these days. Vendor had spent 6 years restoring it (he had a farm and a few other bikes taking his time up) but it needed some finishing,  though all the hard work has been done, including an engine rebuild. Seem to recall he'd sourced some NOS stuff including a petrol tank, as he worked for a Suzuki place. 

116106913_2373394609623148_5707880011102249998_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=JI-Go5o0GiUAX_ZYnSE&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=0a03c442ee001621f74b1a6d8c050d12&oe=5F4B01F4

Rear foot pegs were missing (scored some off eBay), the brake light didn't work (eBay again, but after having bought a new one I realised the old one didn't work because the spring was missing!) and then piddly stuff like leaking fuel tap and the grey next to the side panels needs spraying, plus because the fuel has leaked, it's pulled the paint off the nicely done engine :(

Aside from nearly getting knocked off by some bastard in a van going to work Thursday morning, it's absolutely epic to ride, not even been anywhere near to the red line and it pulls incredibly well. Mate had one new in about 1981 and rode it like a kn0b and it was always clogging up, but recall being really impressed with it. They pretty much ruled the roost (claimed 'first 100mph 250') until the LC Yams came along. Had the chance of an X5 as a stable mate recently, but couldn't agree a price so it didn't happen.

14 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Peugeot expert, yeah. It's a combi, so, removable rear bench, air con and cruise control, about 2m load bed, plenty of room for a couple of smaller bikes or one big one.

I may have a 110hdi coming up soon if it isn't too fucked on inspection.

2 hours ago, Arthur Foxhake said:

Peugeot expert, yeah. It's a combi, so, removable rear bench, air con and cruise control, about 2m load bed, plenty of room for a couple of smaller bikes or one big one.

I may have a 110hdi coming up soon if it isn't too fucked on inspection.

Thanks, be interested to hear about it if it comes off.

Week off this week, starting today. Loads of stuff to do, including finally getting round to viewing this...

Image may contain: motorcycle and outdoor, text that says "SUZUKI OR"

Have been chasing two or three recently, but it didn't work out. Sadly this didn't either, advert was reasonable but viewing told the bigger picture. Seller was very honest to be fair, unfortunately it's too much work for the money (£1100) so reluctantly came away empty handed. Have only ever seen one or two at most on the road and because they're ridiculously tiny, it just adds to the fun.   

Wasn't a massively wasted journey though, as on the way home went and viewed something else instead.

or50suz.html

rip arse - it was nice knowing you

nc needs a better seat - 500 was better - rode down from hawick and either not used to it or getting old ?

all the seat for this are mega £££££

bought a knock off airhawk from china - waiting for it to arrive

record broken on reserve 43.4 miles from hawick to longtown because oh therell be one onthe way - good job was only pottering on the b road

nope - was on 4 miles got to newcastleton and if it wasnt on the road thru didnt see one

apparently at 40-45 mph bike is doing 100 mpg :D

verdict : knobhead should know better

As said above,  please stop all these small 2 stokes appearing before my eyes,  it is just not fair.

8 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

116106913_2373394609623148_5707880011102249998_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=JI-Go5o0GiUAX_ZYnSE&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=0a03c442ee001621f74b1a6d8c050d12&oe=5F4B01F4

Oh my God,  great to see an x7.

My 1 st snd only speeding points in uk circ 1986, suzuki x7 swingswang lane basingstoke.

Slight issues was caught speeding with no

Licence 

Mot

L plates

Or valid insurance

And having long hair.

Motorway police car followed me and stopped me.

Amazingly i was super polite and said i was very sorry and never heard anything more about it. Best behaviour ever since ( kind of)

Had an x5 also, great little bike. 

9 minutes ago, Sir Chocolate Teapot said:

As said above,  please stop all these small 2 stokes appearing before my eyes,  it is just not fair.

Oh my God,  great to see an x7.

My 1 st snd only speeding points in uk circ 1986, suzuki x7 swingswang lane basingstoke.

Slight issues was caught speeding with no

Licence 

Mot

L plates

Or valid insurance

And having long hair.

Motorway police car followed me and stopped me.

Amazingly i was super polite and said i was very sorry and never heard anything more about it. Best behaviour ever since ( kind of)

Had an x5 also, great little bike. 

so much an angel you emigrated :D

crazy foreigner :P