The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Also like Royal Jordanian on YouTube. Not so much for the on board footage (although I know the roads he rides through West and Central London).

Stick you headphones on, turn up the volume and just listen to the noise of his Husqvarna Nuda going up through the gears. Would view his riding as as a bit antisocial if he rode through my village like that, but through London, it's great.

19 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Spot on. I know a few that have paid lots of money for a "more comfortable" seat that proved to be worse on a long run than what they replaced. 

People don't believe me, but my KTM RC8 had one of the most comfortable seats I have ever had for long distance days. It may have been very thin but it was the right width and length. Rode to and over the Grossglockner a couple of years ago on route to meet some mates in Slovakia with not comfort issues at all.

20180523_111055.thumb.jpg.060c30d508aa19033a6a8c65556ab6ae.jpg

yeah but col your handbag on the seat doesnt count :P:D

bought a one piece for a trackday 6-7 years ago

did another

theyve been in a bag in the garage since

i need to fiddle with ma helmet and need help

have an arai tour x and the trim around the chin - someones tried to glue it back on ?

but the residue is still there - tried to scrape it boiling water it and acetone it

nope

what else can i try

fanks

Youtube round the world trips are helping my sanity,

On her Bike   is  good , following the antics of a slightly uptight lass circling the world with a bmw and a tiny tent.

Itchy Boots   is better, a few hundred vids of very good content, she has a knack of making you feel that you are  on the ride  with her and loving every minute.  Collapsing at a 5000 metre high border from cold and lack of oxygen and she is still smiling. An infectious personality  and a royal enfield bought in India.

Then there is the completely wacky   C90 adventures. Also worth a look.

MZ Ts250, bantam, yam 50, 250 yds7, nc700, Vn900, Versys, FLHS, VFRx 800. But not all at the same time 

23 hours ago, Chas4545 said:

Youtube round the world trips are helping my sanity,

On her Bike   is  good , following the antics of a slightly uptight lass circling the world with a bmw and a tiny tent.

Itchy Boots   is better, a few hundred vids of very good content, she has a knack of making you feel that you are  on the ride  with her and loving every minute.  Collapsing at a 5000 metre high border from cold and lack of oxygen and she is still smiling. An infectious personality  and a royal enfield bought in India.

Then there is the completely wacky   C90 adventures. Also worth a look.

MZ Ts250, bantam, yam 50, 250 yds7, nc700, Vn900, Versys, FLHS, VFRx 800. But not all at the same time 

Know of the first one but having a look at the other two, thanks for suggesting! 

Itchy Boots is great as first series she rode from India to Netherlands, intending to then ride the bike from Patagonia to Alaska. Watch as the story unfolds....

Not too keen on "On Her Bike", stopped watching sometime ago. In the episodes I watched she came across as a free loader. One of her videos has a clip where she rides past my mate sitting outside his bar in Prizren, Kosovo. I see if I can find it.

Also "Riding On Eggshells" I like, as Liss put her Enfield Himalayan through so many crashes on the tracks in Australia. It also shows how Hero action cameras completely flatten out the hills. Makes it all look so easy

1 minute ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Itchy Boots is great as first series she rode from India to Netherlands, intending to then ride the bike from Patagonia to Alaska. Watch as the story unfolds....

Not too keen on "On Her Bike", stopped watching sometime ago. In the episodes I watched she came across as a free loader. One of her videos has a clip where she rides past my mate sitting outside his bar in Prizren, Kosovo. I see if I can find it.

Also "Riding On Eggshells" I like, as Liss put her Enfield Himalayan through so many crashes on the tracks in Australia. It also shows how Hero action cameras completely flatten out the hills. Makes it all look so easy

Seems to be the way it is, people start of doing it right in the beginning then something changes and they are doing it for the clicks or it all becomes scenic filler in the video, or it's just uninteresting from a point on because they become someone they aren't for the internet. At least your mate gets a claim to fame! I'll have a look at Riding on Eggshells, anyone on a Himalayan has a chance to interest me because I want one! 

Itchy Boots does very little riding on the road, as she prefers to use tracks wherever she can and explores loads too. She is getting better in flying her drone. Some fantastic shots achieved which really show the terrain.

He is my mate Maxi sitting at a table outside his bar in Prizren

Screenshot_20200509-190643_YouTube.thumb.jpg.16fc60c0b7ac09d13a71640b83685eab.jpg

If anyone goes to Prizren, let me know and I'll let my mates there know. They each own their own bars, speak good English, have loads of stories, and their beer is very, very cheap.

Another essential journey, I don't remember Tesco being so far away

735e5ab6490cbe473b86ca15a648153e.jpg

Thats only about 4 miles from the house too so I didn't feel like I was taking too much of the piss. Though I did manage to turn a 3 mile trip into 20

In my defence it's good for the mental health

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

I do watch itchy boots too, just about the only bike one I do watch. Like I said before most are American rubbish. But itchy boots makes you feel part of the trip, she rides a himalayan, she bought her first one in India then rode it home! Videos are about 15mins long. Season 2 is a better watch in my opinion, she kind of got more of an idea what to do. Does make you realise what a beautiful world we have and generally how many people are so helpful and kind. 

I do watch itchy boots too, just about the only bike one I do watch. Like I said before most are American rubbish. But itchy boots makes you feel part of the trip, she rides a himalayan, she bought her first one in India then rode it home! Videos are about 15mins long. Season 2 is a better watch in my opinion, she kind of got more of an idea what to do. Does make you realise what a beautiful world we have and generally how many people are so helpful and kind. 
I have been YouTube binging the last hour and a half, I'll catch up to season 2 soon I'm sure!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On 5/8/2020 at 7:41 PM, Chas4545 said:

just watching the vid of her collecting the new bike after the thing with the original bike

is there a video of her collecting the first bike in india?

been looking but theres a prep vid and its the new bike

thanks

I don't think there is, she kind of explains at some point that her friend bought it as tourists are not allowed to buy a bike in India?  Season 2 I think is better she goes into better detail about things. I have watched her live chats too. I think at the beginning she was sort of doing the vlogs for herself, so were only 5-10 mins long, she never expected it to take off like it has. 

14 hours ago, hairnet said:

watching greatest motorcycle rides

the cole twat is on the south island nz

i was planning on going in november but not doing south island (on the bike) for various reasons)

i wanna now.............(or part of it anyway)

fuxake

@They_all_do_that_sir dare ya to come with me :P:D

South Island is just fantastic. Much less densely populated than the North, and some fantastic biking roads as well as the scenery to try and throw your bike at.  Even on a Suzuki VX800.

There were quite a few recreational bikers out and about where I live over the weekend. Quite frankly good for them, it's a perfectly reasonable (anti)social activity and no worse than cycling or running which I've been doing.  Yes there'll be bleating about the potential for accidents taking key workers away from more important work, but pretty much no  fucker has had coronavirus in my area anyway, so the hospitals are pretty much empty.

I used mine to go shopping the other day, the triple sounds a bit Audi Quattro at pace. Which is nice. 

22 minutes ago, strangeangel said:

Rank moped alert! I'm currently in negotiations to get this (free) horror moved to SA_TOWERS. Brace yourselves:

scooter.thumb.JPG.d8ef5ab3089b5aa7ae3d3245fd633a59.JPG

Hang on, that's a big backrest... oh.

scooter2.thumb.JPG.3ac29ab15ae8999babb8ceb0738e9fa3.JPG

scooter3.thumb.JPG.aac1a48f0a9b184771476e66d969ed77.JPG

I'll be sure to let you know if I pull this off!

What make is it? I hope it's a 125cc and not a 50cc with that top box on it!