The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

I've been out today too, filled up at the pay-at-pump without removing my gloves then proceeded to bomb about a bit, enjoying the slightly quieter roads and sunshine.  I didn't see a lot of social-distancing going on though - Loomies car park was full of bikes as they're still offering a takeaway service, which is rather defeating the point of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Honda have officially launched the CT125 with a price tag of £3700 ( which seems steep for what it is, Id have thought £2999 better ./more realistic)

Ive been toying with buying another Grom, but I think one of these would be a better proposition really.

Honda-CT125-3.jpg

I assume that will go a similar way to the new cub and be available for about 2800 ish in a few months. I LOVE the look of the CT, however i popped to the dealers before THE EVENT to have a gander at the Cub, and for the money i was pretty disappointed with how flimsy it seemed.

Also it's a bit disappointing, plus I think quite limiting to their sales, that none of them seem to be available with pillion carrying provisions - they're the ideal thing to chuck on the back of a motorhome etc...

How many years have i been waiting for this honda ct to be revived.

Has it got the low range gearbox?

Is it coming to europe.

Real shame about no double seat.

Let us hope the price does come down a bit.

I could quite see myself selling my bonneville and kymco for this, a ct really could cover all my biking needs in 1. And veey easy for home mechanic.

Fun, offroad, to the shops, cool, reliable, mountain touring, will outlast me.

2 hours ago, Mike D said:

Also it's a bit disappointing, plus I think quite limiting to their sales, that none of them seem to be available with pillion carrying provisions -

From what I have read in the press a longer seat is available in certain markets so could be retro fitted with foot pegs I assume at the expense of that "rack".

I prefer the longer seat as I like to sit a bit further back on the bike for comfort so will be something I look at - if they come down to £2900 or £2800 then I will be buying one on hock.

@UltraWomble I've seen the longer seats and in a lot of the press photos they have foot rests fitted - it's the same with the cub - however all the UK ones seem to not be drilled in the swing arm - the bobbins are just blank. The bloke in the dealers said it's because they're not rated to carry the load of 2 of us fat knackers over here - the markets where they are twin seaters tend to be somewhat more svelte

35 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Got let down on an old Suzuki 50 the other day, but there's some nutty Garelli trail type bike on the horizon.

A Tiger Cross? Please let it be a Tiger Cross, the first geared bike I ever rode wheelied uncontrollably for about 30 yards down my mates garden path.

1 hour ago, martc said:

A Tiger Cross? Please let it be a Tiger Cross, the first geared bike I ever rode wheelied uncontrollably for about 30 yards down my mates garden path.

Erm, I'm a knobhead. It was an Italjet, not a Garelli sorry

90801022_10158219456174458_3021945376081

Lots of chat about the new Honda CT... FWIW I think it's aimed at beards rather than ride-to-work types and priced accordingly. They've done a decent job of making it look like the original 110 though, I think. Coincidentally I was working on my Trail 90 yesterday; I've been spurred on by the fact that it's now UK road legal and - like most other people it seems - I have time on my hands. Have a gratuitous picture:

trail90.thumb.jpeg.1d8a17512b9f2b7c5a9d9a59f778f9af.jpeg

It's a 1967 K0 model, the first one with the transfer box. The earlier bike, the CT200, had an second, massive rear sprocket and to get low range you had to splice in an extra bit of chain. Handy!

My bike is just sat under the cover, bloody typical. For the first time in years I get a lovely bike, the weather has been pretty much glorious, but we are on lockdown. This virus has a lot to answer for....... 

There is no excuse to go out on the bike unless you have to go shopping for essentials. I know this weather is good today and tomorrow but its just not worth the risk in my opinion. 

6 hours ago, Barry Cade said:

Is everyone going out on their bikes as normal? I'm having withdrawals but can't be arsed with getting the 3rd degree from anyone.. Last time I was out it was rather chilly.

I've just changed the oil and filter on the NC750S ready for the season. Fortunately* I'm a 'key worker' and due into work for 2 days next week - I shall be taking advantage of the improving weather and my 'legal' travelling status by going on the bike. Otherwise it'd have to stay in the garage.

3 hours ago, xtriple said:

I 'want' a new Royal Enfield Interceptor 650.

There, I've said it. I think they are a touch of allright.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Royal-Enfield-Interceptor-650-2019/333561461155?hash=item4da9cff9a3:g:3EgAAOSw3BBegIoC

Cheapest on ebay. Near me,free storage in my garage till safe to collect.