The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Bollocks

Had a FTP today on the Shitehawk  - done 50 miles without issue until today - 500 yards past the local motorbike shop and it dies on me - Ive got fuel, Ive got electrickery, but I have no go at all.

So being the mechanical arse I am I wheeled it to the bike shop and will let them dry bum me.

3 hours ago, LostnotFound said:

In other news, Italjet are looking at bringing back the only Scooter any self respecting rider would be seen on.

I'm sure it'll be overpriced and any used for commuting will be nicked within months so a more practical maxi scooter will still make more actual sense. But still they look great for something without a gearbox so I hope they do well.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/italjet-dragster/

Looks like it's got ELF style hub steering/suspension. For our younger viewers this was going to be the future of motorcycling (for a few months in the 80's).

image.thumb.png.f85b815813db5f5cf66e484e8505b861.png

ELF Honda

image.thumb.png.7d3eb11f359c410b310d2503ad0b24cd.png

Italjet Dragster

Exchange rate is £1 = €1.167 this morning so going up
From what I see most of the Himalayans up for sale are by owners that cant get on with them for whatever reasons. Those I know who have them actually use them. I"ve had mine since March and  now done around 4,200 miles on it, despite my being out of Spain from June to mid September, and having my Guzzi out here for three months.
I can't see RE increasing the price, unless out of pure greed. There isnt much they need to do now in the way of improvements to the model without alienating its biggest market (India). The production run will go on for as long as it sells, or until it is replaced by an entirely new model. Remember this is Enfield's first major "all new" bike in decades so replacement is probably a few years off.
It's not perfect, but for £4k new it is in my opinion probably one the best value bikes on the market, or at the very least in the Adventure bike sector. I'm being biased no doubt, as I have to justify my outlay to myself, which I am happy with.
Jack-collection thread woul be excellent, but youd have to trailer it once in the UK. That's unless you plan to become resident in Spain before you take it!
I've heard talk they are experimenting with shoving the new 650cc twin into the Himalayan frame.......

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, They_all_do_that_sir said:

I've heard talk they are experimenting with shoving the new 650cc twin into the Himalayan frame.......

The development centre in the UK mocked up the 650 twin as a Street Scrambler (similar to the Ducati Scrambler). As far as I was informed, it was just a design exercise. As soon as it was seen by the customers in India, the rumours started.

Just remember that the Himalayan is the first all new (as in totally new engine and frame design) bike at RE  for some years. As were the 650's.

There is no way I can see RE changing the Himalayan for years to come. It is their best seller and only been in production (with ABS and FI) for under two years. 

However I do think that the 650 twin will appear, sooner or later, with knobblies and higher bars, but that's just new clothes on a current bike.

14 hours ago, pilninggas said:

My Exup failed the MOT today. The headlight beam pattern was too high and the tester couldn't adjust it down. I went back home and freed off the adjusters. I'm hoping he can fit it in tomorrow.

MOT now acquired. 4/4 now road legal.

so i dont get this

so inside the fake tank theres a flap where the battery lives

put the hole in the flap above the battery then attach 12v then close flap - you then would need about 2cm of wire

whys he stripped the bike so he can put it in the side of the fake tank?

is it me? i dont get that

i also wonder what he was doing in part 1(listening to hank williams or sumtin') @PhilA :P (which i cant find) seeing as he starts with spanners and screwdrivers in part 2 :D

On 10/25/2019 at 1:01 PM, strangeangel said:

This. I would also be suspecting the side stand cut-out, if it has one.

Kill switch OK side stand cut out should have a tell tale on the dash but doesnt. Its on my list of things to byass.

Currently appears to be running OK - new plugs, new plug caps (were not matching - now they are) and the choke cable greased to buggery as it was sticking on.

I have not bought the Hyosung back.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite Marty's best efforts to rubbish it, this is actually quite a nice thing...

IMG_20191105_103415.thumb.jpg.347787ce3be42512d404690d672889f1.jpg

...picked it up last night but pushed it home as only 1/4 mile away as couldn't find my helmet (finaar, finaar) 

47 minutes ago, Cavcraft said:

Despite Marty's best efforts to rubbish it, this is actually quite a nice thing...

I know your track record of buying things that are a bit shit and generally been under a hedge for 20 years so expected the Sinnis to have at least some faults (like my Honda).

IMG_20191105_103415.thumb.jpg.347787ce3be42512d404690d672889f1.jpg

...picked it up last night but pushed it home as only 1/4 mile away as couldn't find my helmet (finaar, finaar) 
Has genuine competition heritage too:

https://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/the-mongol-rally/

Odd seeing such a modern style bike with that old carb that's been on every Chinese 125 since forever.

28 minutes ago, thatsmacar said:

Well I was wrong.  Completely wrong.

Bullit Motorcycles

I suspect like Mutt et al, these are made in China and then distributed by the European brand.

The reviews for those things are terrible - very unreliable electrics. Shame as it does look rather cool.