The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

On 9/13/2019 at 1:42 PM, RED2stroke said:

Ah yes all of my CZ 's do that and some piss it out of the down pipe to silencer and also the silencer to tailpipe I only have one bike that doesn't it must be broken I reckon. Twins are best as you get the benefit of dual leakage (sounds like a nasty medical condition). I'm guessing that you were/are the owner of some CZ shite?

I've only had the one, and it wasn't a CZ - a Jawa 350 twin from new. It adopted the self waterproofing habit from the join twixt pipe and cylinder head, which I could never seal. A chap at work had a Cezet 125 whose engine was literally black from the oily emissions.

I was more an MZ fan - passed my test on a TS125, followed by a TS150, then another 150, then an ETZ250, followed by a Supa 5 (one of fav bikes of eva) and finishing with an MuZ 300 Saxon Tour. All of which were remarkably oil tight.

Ah nice oil tight bikes, I had a couple of MZ's myself, 125 Saxon X 2 and nice ETZ 250, much better engineering than the CZ, but if you want agricultural I have a nice IZH 350 twin, makes a Honda cub look fast! But you can't beat the smell of semi burn't two stroke oil and wafting along in a cloud of smoke, it's great view in the mirror, watching unsuspecting motorists burst through the fog looking for the fire, happy days.

On 9/18/2019 at 7:46 PM, Tamworthbay said:

I want one! What is it? And how much do they go for? That is amazing.

It's a Tula 200M. They've not really caught up with other comparably unusual scooters, e.g. the Heinkel Tourist, but I don't think it'll be long. Amazingly, mechanical spares aren't a huge problem, although panels can be. I missed out on one last year that was better than this, and cheaper!

Rode the Enfield Himalayan up from "home" in Spain to meet up with some mates in Belesta, France (850kms). Great ride through the Pyranese.

Riding over to Potugal then back through central Spain  but no routes planned. In Ainsa (Spain) tonight. Rained all afternoon until we entered Spain when the sun came out.

20190921_155450.jpg

20190921_163821.jpg

20190922_102319.jpg

40 minutes ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Rode the Enfield Himalayan up from "home" in Spain to meet up with some mates in Belesta, France (850kms). Great ride through the Pyranese.

Riding over to Potugal then back through central Spain  but no routes planned. In Ainsa (Spain) tonight. Rained all afternoon until we entered Spain when the sun came out.

20190921_155450.jpg

20190921_163821.jpg

20190922_102319.jpg

Nice! How is it over long distances? 

2 hours ago, hairnet said:

camping tart ya :D

Good God man . NO. Hotels everytime!

Jacky-did 850km over 2 days (520 on the first day), avoided motorways, so all on CV, C and N roads. Seat is a bit too soft after a couple of hours, but cruises at 120kph when needed to. But on the roads we are using, 100kph is fast..

And Ainsa is a beautiful town to stay in.

20190922_195622.jpg

20190922_183403.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:53 PM, RED2stroke said:

Ah nice oil tight bikes, I had a couple of MZ's myself, 125 Saxon X 2 and nice ETZ 250, much better engineering than the CZ, but if you want agricultural I have a nice IZH 350 twin, makes a Honda cub look fast! But you can't beat the smell of semi burn't two stroke oil and wafting along in a cloud of smoke, it's great view in the mirror, watching unsuspecting motorists burst through the fog looking for the fire, happy days.

I had an IZH350 'Planeta' single cylinder combination - remarkably reliable but one hell of a kick back, which could trap your feet amongst the side car tubing and cripple you. My first 'proper' bike was a Minsk (Neval) 125 which again was very reliable but the front brake was lethally poor (apparently they were designed like this to prevent ice/snow related skids). Both the USSR machines were oil tight, easy to work on and logically constructed (the crippling kick back would not occur if the chair was on the USSR side).

My first MZ, a TS125, was bought new from Miles Kingsport in Hull. It was next to a Cezet 125 in the showroom - the difference in quality was remarkable. I can remember the stickers on the Cezet were pealing off and it was brand new! The MZ, which was in metallic silver, had an almost Honda like quality to it and wasn't significantly more expensive (£50?) - it was a no-brainer.

Is this any good? CZ 125, £800 being asked, very local to me.

$_86.JPG

I quite fancy something to tootle about on, and tinker with.  I've only ever ridden modern bikes though, with fat tyres and decent brakes - would I get myself into bother with something like this?

2 hours ago, Fat_Pirate said:

Is this any good? CZ 125, £800 being asked, very local to me.

$_86.JPG

I quite fancy something to tootle about on, and tinker with.  I've only ever ridden modern bikes though, with fat tyres and decent brakes - would I get myself into bother with something like this?

I like to think I'm a bit of an anorak when it comes to East European bikes but I've never seen a tank like that before; it should be more rectangular. Or is it some later model try to be a bit more 'western'? I would expect it to look more like this...

715537825_cezet125.jpg.879ef5bc7e8576f3c4c293311cf96860.jpg

Ah I've seen that bike too, it's a bit of a heinz 57  really , but sound enough, probably all the money really. I'm not an expert, but yes you are right martc the tank should be a square shape with knee pad rubbers, indicators are not CZ , headlight is off a later bike, exhaust and rear foot pegs are not CZ, but it depends what you are looking for really, it's not perfect but if you want  a cheapish two stroke it's fair. If you are on the lookout, there's another similar bike on gumtree at the mo in Christchurch, it need reassembly but it's def more original, guy wants £450 probably better value at £300 or so, hope this helps mate.

Another "concept" (although the same bike is currently being sold in the Asia markets in 110cc form)

EFY0JsGXUAATKrA?format=jpg&name=small

CT125

Now then Honda - do two things with this bike to make it sell like hot cakes in the UK...

Change it to a manual geared change rather than semi auto and the 125 L plate brigade will buy it.

Stick a 50cc engine in it ( semi auto or manual) and watch almost every 16YO lad pester their parents for one. Price it at £2295  - £2495 and they will FLY out of the showrooms in 50cc form (on finance probably).

On 9/23/2019 at 12:23 PM, martc said:

I had an IZH350 'Planeta' single cylinder combination - remarkably reliable but one hell of a kick back, which could trap your feet amongst the side car tubing and cripple you. My first 'proper' bike was a Minsk (Neval) 125 which again was very reliable but the front brake was lethally poor (apparently they were designed like this to prevent ice/snow related skids). Both the USSR machines were oil tight, easy to work on and logically constructed (the crippling kick back would not occur if the chair was on the USSR side).

My first MZ, a TS125, was bought new from Miles Kingsport in Hull. It was next to a Cezet 125 in the showroom - the difference in quality was remarkable. I can remember the stickers on the Cezet were pealing off and it was brand new! The MZ, which was in metallic silver, had an almost Honda like quality to it and wasn't significantly more expensive (£50?) - it was a no-brainer.

IZH 350 single ? Picked this up locally yesterday, it was marketed as the SPRINGBOK ,allegedly this is the only one road registered in the UK, needs some work but I think it's great, happy to post some more pics if you want . It has the same 350 single cylinder and I have to jump on the kickstart to even turn it over.

s-l500 (1).jpg

4 hours ago, UltraWomble said:

Another "concept" (although the same bike is currently being sold in the Asia markets in 110cc form)

EFY0JsGXUAATKrA?format=jpg&name=small

CT125

Now then Honda - do two things with this bike to make it sell like hot cakes in the UK...

Change it to a manual geared change rather than semi auto and the 125 L plate brigade will buy it.

Stick a 50cc engine in it ( semi auto or manual) and watch almost every 16YO lad pester their parents for one. Price it at £2295  - £2495 and they will FLY out of the showrooms in 50cc form (on finance probably).

saw an original at barber - google nathan milward

1 hour ago, RED2stroke said:

IZH 350 single ? Picked this up locally yesterday, it was marketed as the SPRINGBOK ,allegedly this is the only one road registered in the UK, needs some work but I think it's great, happy to post some more pics if you want . It has the same 350 single cylinder and I have to jump on the kickstart to even turn it over.

Is that an IZH 350cc single in the Springbok?

Mine looked like this... (except it was red and had a side car attached).

159463445_izhplaneta.thumb.jpg.45ea5eb25303535dde47568c689e419b.jpg

2127548801_izhplaneta2.thumb.jpg.b86e12bf8e750e4188e2ef7c3e1897a5.jpg

^^^ Automatic transmission - that's a new one on me, the gear lever does look different but I can't zoom in to determine whether it's just bent or not. It looks different to mine (mine had a screen and I'm sure the edges were sharper).

Edited by martc
I am of course talking about the sidecar

1 hour ago, martc said:

Didn't think it would be - it looks like it needs a new gear lever then!

I see that a little assistance is in order, 350 single has a nice standard gear lever but the 350 twin has a heel and toe type shifter they look awful but they do work ok, my twin is the same as the one in the pic and has the somewhat curly gear change. Sorry if I sound like an anorak but I just like the old eastern bloc/russian  two smokes.

I see that a little assistance is in order, 350 single has a nice standard gear lever but the 350 twin has a heel and toe type shifter they look awful but they do work ok, my twin is the same as the one in the pic and has the somewhat curly gear change. Sorry if I sound like an anorak but I just like the old eastern bloc/russian  two smokes.
May have posted it before but this is the one I had a few years back. Great bikes9cde61f2e62138732d4bf2be26db3257.jpg

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Just in case someone here might be interested,  I've recently been recommissioning my Norton Commando 850 Interstate (1973) with the view to selling her.  I restored and semi-customised her in 2011.  The style I sought was of an update to the original Norton 750cc fastback model. .  

P1050806a.thumb.jpg.e63757c8007d110e30b6d5f293f92fc4.jpg

The seat and fastback tail are interchangeable with the standard seat, and of course the BMW Touring panniers fit with either. .

P1320616.thumb.jpg.6037c77a80e5936ee6454f1b086f4134.jpg

There are dozens of changes, which if you're interested are surmised in my for sale advert on Car & Classics  < here

Pete.