The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Current high bidder on a shonky Honda NC50 express.

I would like to win it. I'm fucked off massively with this Atala. It's electrics are toast and pretty much unobtainable.

Looks nice though.

Edit. Lost it by a fiver. Keep looking...

Anyone with a Puch or Tomos engine and electrical system for sale?

Soon I should have a garage for working on bikes, I'm very tempted to find an older machine of some sort to get back into the art of pulling things to bits and reassembling them. Something simple, and crucially, cheap. 

Any suggestions?

Current high bidder on a shonky Honda NC50 express.

I would like to win it. I'm fucked off massively with this Atala. It's electrics are toast and pretty much unobtainable.

Looks nice though.

Edit. Lost it by a fiver. Keep looking...

Anyone with a Puch or Tomos engine and electrical system for sale?

I am astounded by the price of shonky mopeds and when my field bike died I thought I would just get another for pennies. Not a chance, my Honda Vision is now under repair.

Soon I should have a garage for working on bikes, I'm very tempted to find an older machine of some sort to get back into the art of pulling things to bits and reassembling them. Something simple, and crucially, cheap.

Any suggestions?

Older gen cbf 5/600 cheap and resilient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any suggestions?

2 STOKE gamma or tz

Is there such a thing as a cheap two-stroke anymore? 

Just checked eBay:

Cheapest TZ - not far short of £7k!

Gamma - £2k upwards.

Aprilia RS - good ones now commanding more than when they were new - dog rough ones still well over £1k.

Yamaha DT - £1k+ even for basket cases.

The Aprilia RS125 is one i'd like especially - I'm too tall to ride it really but I really wanted one for when I hit 17. 

Even old 4-stroke stuff like Yamaha SR500s have gone from the bargain basement. Seems it's all things like Bandits, Diversions and older faired stuff like ZZR600s/Thundercats. 

Agreed-cheap second hand bikes (unlike cheap cars) are very rare, obtained only by word of mouth or luck.

Both my Aprilia RS250 and Cagiva Mito have rocketed in price-i could sell (sell, not just advertise) my RS250 for 50% more than I paid for it 13 months ago.

Yesterday I picked up my very first (probably not last) electric two wheeler, a Lifan Eco scooter. Unloaded it from the can this morning and took it for a test run (not as far as i wanted, but bit busy today) and it held an indicated 64kph using the cruise control (speed courtesy of the updated controller fitted by the Spanish importer). Range isn't great at 30 miles, but never did 30 miles on my 50cc scooters, and this whips the Arse of any four stroke 50cc scooter.

And it's the near enough the same shade of orange as my KTM RC8.

Agreed-cheap second hand bikes (unlike cheap cars) are very rare, obtained only by word of mouth or luck.

Both my Aprilia RS250 and Cagiva Mito have rocketed in price-i could sell (sell, not just advertise) my RS250 for 50% more than I paid for it 13 months ago.

Yesterday I picked up my very first (probably not last) electric two wheeler, a Lifan Eco scooter. Unloaded it from the can this morning and took it for a test run (not as far as i wanted, but bit busy today) and it held an indicated 64kph using the cruise control (speed courtesy of the updated controller fitted by the Spanish importer). Range isn't great at 30 miles, but never did 30 miles on my 50cc scooters, and this whips the Arse of any four stroke 50cc scooter.

And it's the near enough the same shade of orange as my KTM RC8.

I suppose licencing has to come into it for pushing the values of some of the smaller cc machines, and the rest is the nostalgia tax - those who either had them 20 years ago and want to relive their youth, or those who didn’t have them and still hanker after the experience.

those who didn’t have them and still hanker after the experience.

I'm sure your right it's a two way pincer movement. With the new laws meaning 17 year olds are stuck on 125s for two years you can see why they'd look to interesting stuff from the past when you look at the dull l plate stuff available today.

I can believe that, Thuds and ZZRs are worth next to nowt at the moment.

I’m not really after anything faired but it depends on what comes up I suppose.

Perhaps I shouldn’t say that my minty thundercat was £350 then

Can you find me one please, cheap bikes are no longer easy to find, I have a new one in the garage but I'm bored and fancy something else that I don't have to worry about breaking/scratching.

I took the MT09SP for a tour round the local bike dealers today, it's going, I have never gelled with it, it has a great engine (in fact probably the best engine out of all the bikes I have ridden and owned subjectively), but its poor handling at 7/10ths and above and the harsh front end combined with zero wind protection and annoying switchgear means something green and sensible has been acquired, it's cost me a few quid to change but I didn't fancy another 2 years of riding the fucking thing, pics to be added when I collect next Sat

We had an MT09 on test at work. Despite all the good reviews, I fucking hated it, and a couple of my colleagues were not that impressed either. We got a Honda CBF1000 which I didn't mind, but would not buy with my own money.

Look forward to seeing what you are replacing it with.

I took the MT09SP for a tour round the local bike dealers today, it's going, I have never gelled with it, it has a great engine (in fact probably the best engine out of all the bikes I have ridden and owned subjectively), but its poor handling at 7/10ths and above and the harsh front end combined with zero wind protection and annoying switchgear means something green and sensible has been acquired, it's cost me a few quid to change but I didn't fancy another 2 years of riding the fucking thing, pics to be added when I collect next Sat

Green and sensible?  Z1000 SX perhaps?  

We had an MT09 on test at work. Despite all the good reviews, I fucking hated it, and a couple of my colleagues were not that impressed either. We got a Honda CBF1000 which I didn't mind, but would not buy with my own money.

Look forward to seeing what you are replacing it with.

I really enjoyed the test ride on a standard MT09, but it was wet so I didn't get chance to push on a bit, the SP was only £900 more and for that I got ohlins and special paint and blue wheels, but the bike is not as good as it should be, a standard street triple is a better bike, and I test rode one of them too but the Yam had the better engine, typically it was the only thing that was better, I'd gotten to the point where I really didn't like riding it as every single bump from the front was transmitted directly to my wrists and arms and I wasn't prepared to spend another £1k sorting the front end out on a bike I didn't own, combined with the total inability to cruise at 80mph on a motorway without giving me a migraine despite me spending over £250 on several different screens, still at least its only cost me £1/mile........

new one has a screen and luggage and an IMU with cornering abs and all that shizz, can't wait!

Green and sensible?  Z1000 SX perhaps?  

Bingo!

2pii3mQ.jpg

We had a couple of those at work - far nicer than the previous model they replaced (the pannier frames were laughable), although I was always looking for another gear at 50mph. But twist the throttle and it would take off like a scalded cat. May be with more riding time on it I'd have got used to that.

Enjoy.