The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Took me two weeks to confirm (had to work out the car, then find one on the street to have an eyeball). That was back in 1998 and BG - Before Google.

Bought a replacement lens from an old school Renna dealer in N22 (before Renault decided everything had to be new, massive and have huge windows) and it was a mere fiver and some odd change and included the gasket and screws I think. I also found at the time the same said dealer asking a very salty £2995 for a mint 1982 R4 they had on the forecourt.

Later Tridents have no sidelights and (I'm guessing) Lucas indicators like on a Reliant Kitten, slim oblong things.

Had a few site visits to do with work today. We took our bikes and saved the taxpayer mega coin (mileage rate for a bike is almost half what the car rate is)

Brilliant run up the north coast and managed a half lap of the NW200 course, class riding round there with all the curbs painted and crash barriers up etc :)4f2e8d66673f02326e4d4ed0bb31f722.jpg6e1938b544fdcb00fd2ef84a9153b5ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Had a few site visits to do with work today. We took our bikes and saved the taxpayer mega coin (mileage rate for a bike is almost half what the car rate is)

Brilliant run up the north coast and managed a half lap of the NW200 course, class riding round there with all the curbs painted and crash barriers up etc :)4f2e8d66673f02326e4d4ed0bb31f722.jpg6e1938b544fdcb00fd2ef84a9153b5ad.jpg

youve 23 left :lol:

www.irishphotorally.ie

^ That doesn't seem too bad from the photo, Lee.

Great news about the tapped starter :-D

its a bit of a 10 footer at the moment - there are a few issues, most of which can be sorted with a damn good clean, but there are areas of damage that will need more work:

34264261942_5677c5e5e6_b.jpg

the worst part will be the dreaded 6 pot toxicos - they will most likely be in need of a rebuild.  hopefully the pistons will be ok.

the best part is that it came with some spare scrubs, the original end can, and a black double bubble screen.

and....... it was only £550!  27k on a T plate.

happy days :-D

its a bit of a 10 footer at the moment - there are a few issues, most of which can be sorted with a damn good clean, but there are areas of damage that will need more work:

34264261942_5677c5e5e6_b.jpg

the worst part will be the dreaded 6 pot toxicos - they will most likely be in need of a rebuild. hopefully the pistons will be ok.

the best part is that it came with some spare scrubs, the original end can, and a black double bubble screen.

and....... it was only £550! 27k on a T plate.

happy days :-D

That's a bargain. Tokicos are shite in my experience, I've four pots on the ZZR and they need rebuilt annually.

Considering swapping to nissins from a firestorm instead. Might be worth checking what else fits yours before you do any work to them

Got bored after a day looking at the same excel spreadsheet !!!

34mph on utter OMG Piston is going to come through the barrel time....

The shakes are due to the exspertly designed suspention that consists of next to fuck all!

Filmed on an old Cannon I have, none of this gopro rubbish for me....

Had a ride into the lakes after work last night, Its not remotely shite but I love it, I drive shit cars so I can have a nice bike

20170503_182841_zpszhwwl23b.jpg

Hard to believe it'll be 13 years old this year, it still has all the bits the latest bikes have (apart from the electronics package), pulls wheelies at 125mph and is much better looking than any sportsbike on sale today (in my opinion of course)

I've been to the Isle of Man, cleverly avoiding all the crowds by visiting when EVERYTHING IS CLOSED.

image_zpsuzcb8j7v.jpeg

The grandstand, abandoned.  

image_zps6okvly2v.jpeg

The Creg Ny Baa pub on the Mountain was open though.  Being a tough Southern biker, I ordered the hardest thing on the menu - hot chocolate with an omelette. #BikeLife

image_zpsna3xhdqd.jpeg

Jurby Junk (the house clearance place) was also open - thanks for the recommendation, blackboilersuit.  I was travelling light with just my top box so there was no room for 'Hammond Organ Dance Party'.  I did buy a gaudy Manx doll though, just to give the potty woman who owns it some trade. 

image_zpsn9pdbbl0.jpeg

It left me feeling a bit sad - many of these things would have been precious to the folk (presumably deceased), who'd previously owned them.

image_zpsoxb3esqb.jpeg

Most of the TT track prep is completed.  Mountain section is a bit too busy/blind for any serious speed.

2017-05-04%2013.06.40_zpshkbxl5p6.jpg

I wish my bike had a picture of a cock on it, if only as a warning to other road users.  This is the motor museum which opened on Thursday, I spent about 4 hours here (in that time, only 2 other people visited).  I was on my own so no rush - normally I'm with people who say  "I ONLY LIKE FERRARI VEYRONS OR LAMBORGHINI UMQUATCHS, WHY IS THERE ONLY SHIT CARS HERE?", and want to leave after 15 minutes.

2017-05-04%2015.35.11_zpsctktoshp.jpg

Later on I stopped at the Tiffin Tea Shop.  As already mentioned, I'm a devil-may-care Southern hardman so I ordered 17 cans of lager, but they didn't have any so I had to settle for a cream tea.  I demanded the very strongest tea available though, pale brown.  I necked that bastard straight down, impressing the pensioners on the next table. #BaihkLaifeInnit

2017-05-05%2011.07.52_zps2xx53zox.jpg

Spent my final morning at Murray's motorbike museum.  He's a really nice bloke and told me many, many slanderous tales about various people, and gave me tea and biscuits.