Woops ive done it again, not another bloody landie, now with added disco for sale.

garbaldy

Not sure what the market for these are now as the seem to be priced all over the place,
Anyone care to put a value on this pile of old shite ;-)
I bought it with good intentions but decided to buy the hippo instead so this is now just sitting doing nothing :roll:
it drives really well with a nice tight gear change, engine starts first time and runs really nice,
it has chassis rust (don't they all) mainly back cross member, front driverside outrigger, and rear shock mount area,
dadspictures069_zps69d32595.jpg

dadspictures070_zps5c66e83b.jpg

dadspictures068_zps4824290c.jpg

dadspictures071_zpsdd05f046.jpg

dadspictures075_zps3ce90d1c.jpg

dadspictures072_zpsb906143d.jpg

That's true, I was looking for one for ages. But 2 weeks ago I found something else to waste my money on and I can't have 3 different cars within a month, the DVLA can't keep up.

J registration means a 200 TDi (unless it's a petrol?) so ebay is the place. Lots of them go for £1200-£1800 although I see a huge number re-listed so the fuckwit quotient is high

Snap it up, if not too rusty. Before I bought the Red Rangey, which I lerrrrrrrrve, I was looking for a decent coil sprung Landy, preferably SWB, but found the prices of non rotters to be a bit daft. I love Series Landies, but have to admit that coil springs and the slightly more modern engines and slightly less rough interiors of the more recent ones do help a bit when it comes to actually living with the heaps.

Old Landies basically rule, although I know Jack Shit about the TDi engine. Landies break a lot, but can be fixed a lot. They are impossibly fabulous as load luggers, mob of children and dogs carriers, and simply epic off road. They have a coolness all of their own, which just increases the more dented and scabby they become.

The one in this thread, with a station wagon set-up and that mahoosive roof rack, would be a perfect vehicle for taking 87,000 people plus all their kit to a Festival, or going on hollies, or doing Paris-Dakar, or just for smoking about in.

Even if no-one wanted to buy it as a complete car, they’re still worth a lot for parts. Body shells, if they’re reasonable go for fairly good money. It’s an evergreen car, people will always want Defenders or parts for them.

Does it have an mot? I would guesstimate between 1 and 2k depending on how rotten the chassis/bulkhead/doors are. Or you could sell it to the Americans.

Or spend some time and money making it solid and a paint job and it will be easily mistaken for a new £35k 110 station wagon.

Thanks for all the replies, sounds like its worth 1 to 2k on a good day so of to auction she goes, I really don't want to stick it on the bay of evil as its full of piss takers though, if anyone wants a landy project then i would take anything as a trade apart from live stock that is :wink:

I just want it gone as if i keep it for a long term project it will probably never be done :oops: and storage costs will eventually be more than its ever going to be worth.

• 4 months later...

well after the dire sale price of the diesel puglet I didn't want to use the bay again but here we go gambling with it again :shock:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200969482449?ssPageName=STRK:MESELXIT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649e

anyone have any ideas what else I could note in listing would be appreciated as I kind of haven't been selling very well lately  

I listed this landrover  and I had the bidder settings set to no low feedback buyers, no buyers outwith the UK, no buyers with strike against them, i did this as the last time i tried to sell childs quad someone from Austraila won it.

fine I thought until the item ended and I went to send invoice and this is the buyer what do I do now,

sakallialis.gif( 36iconYellowStar_25x25.gif ) s.gif

s.gifs.gifs.gifLocation:s.gifAli SAKALLI 13 Arabaciogluları Sokak Gönyeli Lefkoşa, KKTC 99150 Turkey 00905338638975

I listed this landrover  and I had the bidder settings set to no low feedback buyers, no buyers outwith the UK, no buyers with strike against them, i did this as the last time i tried to sell childs quad someone from Austraila won it.

fine I thought until the item ended and I went to send invoice and this is the buyer what do I do now,

sakallialis.gif( 36iconYellowStar_25x25.gif ) s.gif

s.gifs.gifs.gifLocation:s.gifAli SAKALLI 13 Arabaciogluları Sokak Gönyeli Lefkoşa, KKTC 99150 Turkey 00905338638975

Neg the fuck out of him for not complying with the explicit instructions in the auction, and contact the 2nd highest bidder?

I did have buyer preference set to uk but for some reason he managed to bid anyway.

Got this email this morning?

Fookin Turkey Cypres wish he would make his mind up

Dear Sir,

Can you sent me exact address of the car please. I will manage transportation.

And i need registration papers and other document what you have because i will export item to North Cyprus.

Even if he is a scammer if its paid by paypal is there any way you can lose the money? Is the point of paypal not that they are taking the risk? Once they have accepted the funds and paid them to you, they are yours are they not?

If it turns out (unlikely) that he is legit. you wil need to ensure that the buyer understands it needs to be collected by a certain date though or will be scrapped.

Are Shoguns/Pajero's and the like better than these overall? I know they're LR and that, and therefore have a loyal fan base, but realistically, which is the best 'overall', the equivalent Shogun to this or the LR? :)

They've all got their plus points and problems. The big problem with Shoguns / Pajeros appears to be OMGHGF. But you'll see far more LRs being used in this country by off-roaders and farmers, so that suggests they're the better vehicle 'overall' for British conditions.