Woops ive done it again, not another bloody landie, now with added disco for sale.

garbaldy

2 hours ago, drum said:

They put traction control on the disco 2 but the diff lock was still there, hiding. I don't think the traction control needs to be disconnected though.

Hmm strange.  I've connected it back up anyway so just need this key fob fixed as it's a right faff to start so no getaway driving for a while. 

Called Lloyd landrover today for a laugh and the results are in.

£180 for à key fob and £100 or so to code it in all plus vat. Haha  that will be a no then.

The early Td5 discos didn't have manual diff lock lever (gearbox internals were present) and relied on electronics to operate diff lock. If the lock was manually engaged it threw up abs tc fault lights. Can be bypassed using a later SLABS ecu which disables abs tc with diff lock engaged. 

I initially ran mine with the faults with diff locked but have since removed all the electronics to run a set up like early disco / defender which causes less issues. 

40 minutes ago, sal said:

The early Td5 discos didn't have manual diff lock lever (gearbox internals were present) and relied on electronics to operate diff lock. If the lock was manually engaged it threw up abs tc fault lights. Can be bypassed using a later SLABS ecu which disables abs tc with diff lock engaged. 

I initially ran mine with the faults with diff locked but have since removed all the electronics to run a set up like early disco / defender which causes less issues. 

That's interesting to know, this one is a commercial too so didn't expect it to have traction and hill decent shite.  How did you remove all the electronics then ?

Spoke to a couple of eBay key fob gurus but they didn't exactly ooze confidence in the answers to my questions and the last thing I need is them to fix the fob and loose the code,  has anyone used any they recommend ?

I basically just removed all the bits that make a discovery better on road than a defender ?.  I keep it motd but I mainly use mine off road. 

Converted airbags to coils, removed ACE and both anti roll bars, abs pump removed and brakes repiped, SLABS ecu removed, TC and hill descent disabled.  When off road I manually operate the diff lock.  Probably not the route you'd want to take if your using it as a road car but as I say I mainly use mine off road and it works well for me.

• 4 weeks later...