Woops ive done it again, not another bloody landie, now with added disco for sale.

garbaldy

• 2 weeks later...

here in my area, ANYTHING Land Rover is selling for stoopid amounts.. X plate series 3 petrol £5700....B plate 110 £6000...RR Classic off road for several years £3800.

Bung it on Ebilge, BIN of £3000, soon go!!

• 4 months later...

Okay so a little update I've sold the series and also sold the 98 defender 90,      this means I'm slimming down the fleet nicely or does it.

Yes as you've guessed I've only gone and bought another vehicle , I really don't like landrovers.

20190909_194607.jpg

20190909_194556.jpg

Came with it's original wheels too.

20190909_194641.jpg

The bad bit which might feed us if we done find any food in the shops  after brexit

20190909_194700.jpg

The good bit look at that mileage.

20190909_194707.jpg

One of these days I will refuse to buy a vehicle I'm offered, not sure when that will happen but it will one day.

Yeah I've got 2 also that's why this one is for sale. Advertised currently at £4000. 

17 minutes ago, twosmoke300 said:

Not a bloody defender !!!!

It is. Registered as Defender same year that Discovery was launched. 

17 minutes ago, twosmoke300 said:

Actually it could be a really really early one . Was it factory fitted with a 200tdi ?

It wasn't. Originally fitted with a 2.5TD engine it was retrofitted with its current 200tdi Disco engine. 

56 minutes ago, sal said:

Yeah I've got 2 also that's why this one is for sale. Advertised currently at £4000. 

All the landrovers in this thread cost less than that together  ?  the  one  above was approximately 14 times cheaper than that,  I best get my arse in gear and check it over if I can get that sort of coin for it.

5 minutes ago, garbaldy said:

All the landrovers in this thread cost less than that together  ?  the  one  above was approximately 14 times cheaper than that,  I best get my arse in gear and check it over if I can get that sort of coin for it.

See, now I'm the opposite, I tend to pay good/reasonable money for them when I buy,  spend thousands more on them in a short time and then struggle to sell them for anything approaching what I originally paid making a huge loss.

• 4 months later...

Okay I've had enough of looking at this pile of shite out the window so would anybody want a project landie or know of anyone else after a project ?    I really don't have time to do anything with it at least not till my garage is finished and I keep looking at it and thinking there's my blocks to build it.

20200116_084209.jpg

20200116_084232.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A light lunch then off on another excellent purchase so what could I have agreed to buy now I wonder,

20200306_115502.jpg

not another landie even though looks a mighty fine specimen nope I'm not that stupid after a thread full of them am I.

20200307_132443.jpg

Even with a monster winch well um tempted for sure but I really have no houses to pull down so nope not this.

20200307_132433.jpg

A horse transporter eh nope that would be useful and sensible when the misses sees  it as it's got living quarters.

20200307_131821.jpg

What about a lovely old bike then, Nope not this time although she's a sweet old thing though.

20200307_124652.jpg

On 3/7/2020 at 9:39 PM, drum said:

Have you still got the blue station wagon?

Yes for the time being it's still here, ive been in talks with someone but they've not exactly pulled the trigger yet,  I'll call them and say I've got another interested party and see if that will gee them on.

Yes, that is the place where the fuel filter lives! I had to change mine when I had a TD5 disco after it started leaking, probably due to that daft location. 

Have a good look at the chassis rails beside the tank. They all rot there.

Google the 3 amigos to find out more about your dash lights.

On 9/10/2019 at 4:03 PM, anonymous user said:

See, now I'm the opposite, I tend to pay good/reasonable money for them when I buy, 

spend thousands more on them in a short time

and then struggle to sell them for anything approaching what I originally paid making a huge loss.

Check

Check

Check

I've had 3 defenders and that's what I did with all of them, they looked fucking great for the new owners though

Last one I spent a fortune buying bits to make it into a soft top , only the weather is that unpredictable here that I never actually took the roof off because it took that long to get it back on with all the clips and ropes and stretchy things i'd be piss wet through

On 3/9/2020 at 9:26 PM, drum said:

Yes, that is the place where the fuel filter lives! I had to change mine when I had a TD5 disco after it started leaking, probably due to that daft location. 

Have a good look at the chassis rails beside the tank. They all rot there.

Google the 3 amigos to find out more about your dash lights.

The chassis apears in good order I can just about walk under it as it's been jacked up a fair bit.

Found that the abs pump is disconnected.

20200311_100203.jpg

Apparently this lever is a manual diff lock and the abs has to be disconnected when it's used hmm that's a new one on me.

20200311_100035.jpg

Who was it on here that started up an electronics business ? Or did I imagine that.