Woollarding

trigger

I agree you're too happy. Woollarding has it's roots in no car ever being good enough, if OldTG ever reviewed the perfect car then their entire reason for existing would have been nullified and all the presenters (including that Penny lass) would have vanished in a puff of man-made fibres. Hence whilst posing you should reflect on the fact that the handbrake grip is too shiny, or the boot doesn't open far enough to get a suitcase in single-handedly.

I was going to quote that and edit it to be far more perverse, but let's face it most of you have mentally performed the same actions anyway.

It has to be said though Trig, your missus is either blissfully unaware that you post pictures like that here, or is as mental as the rest of us. Fair play either way.

She's aware of the photos but also having been married to me for too long my oddness has sadly started to rub off on her.

I must try harder at the Woollarding, but If I was to wear my dad's clothes it would mean I'd be doing it in a pair of bib and brace overalls and a flat cap.

Despite having a face only a mother could love, I'll have to have a go at this...

Good lad, I don't want to be the only one sad enough to be doing this!

• 1 month later...
Guest Breadvan72

I am all kitted out in rugged beige and brown clothing, but my wife declines to arise from her bed of slumber, so I am sans snapper for the moment.  

How difficult is it to get right?  It's the leg closest to the camera that should be the one resting on the car - I doubt BBC decency policy 20-odd years ago would have let it be the other way, leading to crotch-shots as more than half of the above photos show!

I reckon its pretty difficult to get a quality Woolard going. I would say Dr_Cockscreen has nailed the look pretty well, it seems to be quite difficult to strike a balance between looking like you're earnestly trying to explain something to camera, and just looking like you're trying to strike a pose for a publicity photo. As for taking a dump in the engine bay, I reckon the great man would just never do it, its not his style. So thats simply not a Woolard.